Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Patch 7.1.5 - Blizzard's worst patch rollout in history

Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

Patch Notes Discussion on Official Forums

It's becoming more and more transparent as each week goes by how much the wow team is struggling. The patch notes are the cherry on the top of a disastrous patch rollout. It's disappointing to such a lack of polish compared to previous patches and it all seems quite rushed.

There has been numerous changes across specs with spells being buffed/nerfed and then said changes being reverted indicating a lack of direction and improvement processes in place to ensure classes are balanced and fun.

There has been many significant changes that have been implemented on the PTR servers and are now missing (or potentially undocumented) in the patch notes.

The recent exchange between Ornyx and the community (Ornyx - "Thanks for your level-headedness, despite being downvoted for no reason. Most of us aren't in til 10 a.m., by the way, and we have some key figures sick today - not that I should need to share this.") is completely unprofessional.

As seen on various wow discussion platforms (MMO Champ, Official wow forums, Discord channels, Wowhead, twitter) many people are just as disappointed as I am and frustrated by the mixed communications after blizzard made a big point of being more transparent with the community.

Oh well maybe patch 7.2 will fix it.

Their main goal this xpac has been to roll out more patches. Realistically, this is going to mean imperfect releases.

I actually have a bit more faith in 7.2 being Legion's first big change patch. I feel that that one will be the patch to address many of the plaguing issues (such as RNG legendaries) in the game and it'll come out fairly solid in a few months. Do note, I state this as somebody who has been really really let down by Legion.

Also, I can see why some would break based on some of the posts in that thread you posted. You can't win with the WoW community.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-01-09 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

It's becoming more and more transparent as each week goes by how much the wow team is struggling. The patch notes are the cherry on the top of a disastrous patch rollout. It's disappointing to such a lack of polish compared to previous patches and it all seems quite rushed.

There has been numerous changes across specs with spells being buffed/nerfed and then said changes being reverted indicating a lack of direction and improvement processes in place to ensure classes are balanced and fun.

There has been many significant changes that have been implemented on the PTR servers and are now missing (or potentially undocumented) in the patch notes.

The recent exchange between Ornyx and the community (Ornyx - "Thanks for your level-headedness, despite being downvoted for no reason. Most of us aren't in til 10 a.m., by the way, and we have some key figures sick today - not that I should need to share this.") is completely unprofessional.

As seen on various wow discussion platforms (MMO Champ, Official wow forums, Discord channels, Wowhead, twitter) many people are just as disappointed as I am and frustrated by the mixed communications after blizzard made a big point of being more transparent with the community.

Selfi. Camera.

/thread

You do realize this is the first time they have ever attempted to completely redo play styles mid expansion for multiple classes at once.

When doing mechanical changes along with a stat squish all at once you can expect having to rebalance to find a happy medium..... Almost all the first pass changes were Mechanical and then the numbers had to be tuned afterwards to fill in.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    TC, the second raid tier comes out in a week and they're trying to release HUGE class changes for... every spec in the game. you're being an asshole to blizzard and their developers. get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Selfi. Camera.

/thread
    HEY! There's nothing better than taking a selfie with a Horde you just destroyed. Or a group.

If you've been following the datamining, you would know what spells were increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

I honestly think some of you force yourself to find things to complain about. Who the fuck cares. Does the patch function as intended? If so, then its tied for the best patch rollout in history.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

With the Mage Bracers going from 300% to 200% to 250% to 275% and back to 300% with reduced proc chance, this is the very first time I've considered that maybe the team really isn't completely in control of this living animal called WoW. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, they know what they're doing, but I'm really curious now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I honestly think some of you force yourself to find things to complain about. Who the fuck cares. Does the patch function as intended? If so, then its tied for the best patch rollout in history.
    Sometimes I think so... The patch isn't even out..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    With the Mage Bracers going from 300% to 200% to 250% to 275% and back to 300% with reduced proc chance, this is the very first time I've considered that maybe the team really isn't completely in control of this living animal called WoW. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, they know what they're doing, but I'm really curious now.
    Well, exactly with your example, shows that they ARE working on this 'beast' to fit it to what has been mentioned in feedback.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

you ignored the giant, continent sized fact that what blizz is ABLE to tell us and what the whiny brats on all the forums WANT TO HEAR are two VERY VERY DIFFERENT THINGS

honestly, at the rate the playerbase treats blizz on the forums it wouldnt surprise me if they just decided to essentially tell everyone to eff off and never communicated a damn thing again. its not like they need to communicate with anyone in the first place, this is one of the most communicating companies in the game business, and everyone treats them like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No.

This patch fails to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Thats a pretty bad way of looking at it. You think because they like to frequently try and change things on the ptr instead of slapping a class with a nerf and calling it a day is a bad thing? Blizzard have historically been horrible at balancing things by slapping big nerfs or terrible changes and then not listening or changing them later on. Now they are dealing with it in a far better fashion ON THE PTR (not on live servers where it would actually mean something, but on the test realms which is what they are designed for) and you think they are not in control?

Very strange logic.

Oh look, another person stretching to find a reason to be pissy. How unique.

Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

Yes this patch will be bad once it hits live servers. Only selfie patch is worse.

It's becoming more and more transparent as each week goes by how much the wow team is struggling.
    And it becomes more and more apparent the WoW community (at least those that go on their forums) are cliche entitlement brats.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.

I do not envy Blizzard at all having to try an appease the mass amount of shitlords over there (and to an extent, here on MMO-C).

blah blah blah Blizz apologist fanboy blah blah blah
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-09 at 11:10 PM.

Are you kidding dude? That's the whole freaking point of a Public TEST Realm.

Second of all... how is this a patch roll out when patch doesn't actually roll out until TOMORROW??? Jesus fucking Christ.

Somehow since patch notes were deployed incorrectly due to uncontrollable circumstances (you answered yourself by inputting the tweet of people being out sick) that means the entire patch was a failure... ok, sure buddy.

You people just love to watch the world burn.
    Last edited by Tavir; 2017-01-09 at 11:05 PM.

If you think this is their worst patch rollout of all time, you haven't been around for very long.

Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

Too be fair... Ornyx is giving what you want; more transparency.

Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

maybe they are tired of all this shit bro, have you ever think about it?