Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Official 7.1.5 notes - Fire

So these are the notes:

Fire
    The damage done by most Fire spells has been increased.
    Aftershocks damage increased to 39% (was 34.5%).
    Cauterize cooldown is now 5 minutes (was 2 minutes). This cooldown resets on death.
    Cauterize is now available at level 52.
    Controlled Burn chance is now 20% (was 10%).
    Critical Mass now learned at level 10 and gives a +15% chance to critically strike with spells. At level 65, also increases Critical Strike rating from gear by 10%.
    Firestarter now causes both Fireball and Pyroblast to deal a critical strike when the target is above 90% health (was 85%).
    Flame On is now passive, reduces Fireblast recharge by 2 seconds, and increases its maximum charges by 1.
    Flame On reduces Fireblast recharge by 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
    Molten Armor removed.

New spell for Fire Mage at level 26: Blazing Barrier
    Absorbs the next 700% of spell power damage you take.
    Melee attacks against you deal 50% of spell power damage to the attacker.
    30 second cooldown.
    Molten Skin trait now causes Blazing Barrier to reduce physical damage taken by 5/10/15%.

New talent available at level 30: Blazing Soul
    Dealing Fire damage to targets within 8 yards of you refills your Blazing Barrier for 40% of the damage dealt.

Pyretic Incantation increases damage by 2%/stack (was 5%).

No mention of Ice Floes being removed, the Combustion change or the Meteor buff. I'm confused. Did they just forget to put these changes in the notes?

They added: 27% to "The damage done by most Fire spells has been increased."

(Frost and Arcane have 12% increases)

did they remove the combustion nerf from ptr to live or are they just blatantly not naming it?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    They added: 27% to "The damage done by most Fire spells has been increased."

(Frost and Arcane have 12% increases)
    Hmm.

This is so weirdly vague... Do you think they buffed us going to live (that hasn't been previously on PTR) to put us more in line with the other two specs???

Man, this is all crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    did they remove the combustion nerf from ptr to live or are they just blatantly not naming it?
    I honestly have no idea whats going on anymore. Its like, oh we nerfed this, btw you're buffed, but you were nerfed this morning. Kthxbye. Make up my mind damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    This is what I'm wondering. As well as the Ice Floes removal not being mentioned.

Deleted
    I think that the patch notes were written by someone who started saying "on top of my mind..."

Deleted
    New talent available at level 30: Blazing Soul
    Dealing Fire damage to targets within 8 yards of you refills your Blazing Barrier for 40% of the damage dealt.

Immortality in close range aoe. gg

Deleted
    Srsly i rly hope they dont go whit the combustion nerf and and the ice flow removal for fire, yes we lose 10% from rune 15% form pyretic and some crit rating but we get a X% buff on fireball, pyro and pheonix? If this are the real changes i might not let down my fire mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gormeroth View Post
    Hmm.

This is so weirdly vague... Do you think they buffed us going to live (that hasn't been previously on PTR) to put us more in line with the other two specs???

Man, this is all crazy.
    The 27% is along the lines what we have known from data mining. First they buffed a lot of spells around 10 to 12%, and then they applied a general 15% aura. 27% fits for most of the spells. For example LB was not included in the first 10 to 12% buff, but in the 15% aura buff. Hence the "most". Frost and Arcane buff is exactly the aura buff (12%). But Frostbolt got actually nerfed, so again a "many" would fit.

As we got all the buffs (fire), I can't imagine they do not go with the other changes too (combustion, ice floes, Alex's Fury etc.).

EDIT/UPDATE: Combustion nerf is updated now: 50% instead of 100%
    Last edited by Geldor; 2017-01-10 at 02:27 AM.

More updates

Fire
    The damage done by most Fire spells has been increased by 27%.
    Aftershocks damage increased to 39% (was 34.5%).
    Blast Wave moved to level 30, replacing Cauterize.
    Cauterize is now available at level 52.
    Cauterize cooldown is now 5 minutes (was 2 minutes). This cooldown resets on death.
    Combustion adds mastery equal to 50% of your Critical Strike (was 100%).
    Controlled Burn chance is now 20% (was 10%).
    Critical Mass now learned at level 10 and gives a +15% chance to critically strike with spells. At level 65, also increases Critical Strike rating from gear by 10%.
    Firestarter now causes both Fireball and Pyroblast to deal a critical strike when the target is above 90% health (was 85%).
    Flame On is now passive, reduces Fireblast recharge by 2 seconds (was 3), and increases its maximum charges by 1.
    Meteor initial damage increased by 95%, and damage over time increased by 86%.
    Mirror Images’ Fireball damage increased by 122%.
    Molten Armor removed.
    New spell for Fire Mage at level 26: Blazing Barrier
    Absorbs the next 700% of spell power damage you take.
    Melee attacks against you deal 50% of spell power damage to the attacker.
    30 second cooldown.
    Molten Skin trait now causes Blazing Barrier to reduce physical damage taken by 5/10/15%.
    New talent available at level 30, replacing Cold Snap: Blazing Soul
    New talent available at level 60, replacing Blast Wave: Alexstrasza’s Fury
    Dragon’s Breath always critically strikes and contributes to Hot Streak.
    New Talent available at level 75, replacing Ice Floes: Frenetic Speed
    Casting Scorch increases your movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
    Pyretic Incantation increases damage by 2%/stack (was 5%).

Now we are pretty much where we were at the last build. Seems only minor changes since then, if at all.

Looks like we are good to go with the flamestrike spam.

Do we have any idea how stat weights are playing out? Int > crit > haste (if bracers) = mastery > vers ?

Uh that will be a funny first day in raiding tomorrow (EU servers).. I wonder how long it will take for my muscle memory to learn, that I don't have to use Flame On anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    Do we have any idea how stat weights are playing out? Int > crit > haste (if bracers) = mastery > vers ?
    int>crit>mastery=haste>vers for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

more or less 1 week left until 1st important pve race and they dont even know what they have been doing since 7.1.5 hit ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormeroth View Post
    Hmm.

Man, this is all crazy.
    they pretty much wanted all the mage specs to do about 12% more damage overall, but the fire changes were a 15% dps loss so they compensated, which is why fire got 27% and the other two only got 12%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    int>crit>mastery=haste>vers for me
    Haste has slight added value up to ~20%ish, after that mastery takes over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tgrape View Post
    they pretty much wanted all the mage specs to do about 12% more damage overall, but the fire changes were a 15% dps loss so they compensated, which is why fire got 27% and the other two only got 12%.

These buffs were tossed around a lot in the PTR patches, their new aura system of buffs is really handy but slightly confusing (because they indepedently buff some spells even more)

Also you have to remember that they moved a portion of our damage from our burst to more consistent damage, so it is a less overall buff.

10+ Year Old Account

Ice floes gone?