Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In a desperate attempt to boost PVP participation rates they are bending over backwards for PVE players to enter PVP...meanwhile PVP players are giving up lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    In a desperate attempt to boost PVP participation rates they are bending over backwards for PVE players to enter PVP...meanwhile PVP players are giving up lol.
    It reminds me of a certain comic publisher doing something similar, desperately trying to appeal to audiences who aren't interested while their sales are crashing in burning because they are alienating those who were. It's stupid as hell.

I normally don't think ideas are horrible, maybe not a good, but this one is Horrible. They should just activate all traits in instanced PvP when entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It reminds me of a certain comic publisher doing something similar, desperately trying to appeal to audiences who aren't interested while their sales are crashing in burning because they are alienating those who were. It's stupid as hell.
    Same thing happened to Maxim magazine which tried to appeal to a target audience that has no interest in Maxim magazine while Maxim subscribers were leaving in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    From the patch notes: "Artifact traits at 35 points and above are now enabled in PvP."

7.1.5 change. Didn't expect this to happen, what's your take?
    Absolutely terrible. I've been defending the way they've handled PvP this expansion, and with artifact knowledge being buyable up to 15 that fixed many concerns, but this is by far the worst thing they've done. Now farming AP is going to actually be a long and awful grind and will have a huge affect on the power disparity between fresh 110s and fully geared and upgraded 110's. Ruins everything they have been trying to do with gear and templates. Don't understand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Same thing happened to Maxim magazine which tried to appeal to a target audience that has no interest in Maxim magazine while Maxim subscribers were leaving in droves.
    "But all those untapped markets!" it often feels like people are in charge who have very little relation to the product at hand or the customer. Thus they are completely missing why people are buying it and why others aren't. Atop of that they often attempt to peddle their wares to groups who have no interest in it for various reasons, they forget they aren't selling a product such as toilet paper that almost everyone needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    I've been defending the way they've handled PvP this expansion
    So have I, apart from some very questionable class balance, but there's absolutely nothing they can say that would justify this change. Literally nothing. Who is this for, exactly? Can people who voted positive explain what they enjoy about this, exactly? Is it just the fact that you happen to play a spec that's both viable in PvE and PvP so you can have a massive advantage over people who don't? I can see literally no other reason.

Deleted
    I was "touring" the US forums for more info and found that:

01/09/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Ornyx
    We're working on getting some corrections and details out. Will share when I have them.

Apologies for any confusion.

Let's hope there was some kind of.... ^error^ ...

Deleted
    Why bother having different stat templates even with all this crap they threw into PVP, starting with x% buff depending on ilvl, continuing with honor grind and artifact power! Gear including artifact power should not matter! The only choice I could be ok with is the honor talent grind for the replacement of gear compared to the seasons before. Right now PvP is in a bad spot and with the newest change is not bearable anymore. No lifers without skill and pve rotations can dominate the meaningless arena ladder from now on. On top of it you have fotm classes like DKs, DHs every noob can faceroll infesting the arenas!
    Last edited by mmocf4c913ee15; 2017-01-10 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "But all those untapped markets!" it often feels like people are in charge who have very little relation to the product at hand or the customer. Thus they are completely missing why people are buying it and why others aren't. Atop of that they often attempt to peddle their wares to groups who have no interest in it for various reasons, they forget they aren't selling a product such as toilet paper that almost everyone needs.
    They see low PVP participation and assume that PVE players are not doing more PVP because their "PVE effort" doesn't translate into instanced PVP, so this hamfisted change is what happens...meanwhille PVP players stop playing outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    So have I, apart from some very questionable class balance, but there's absolutely nothing they can say that would justify this change. Literally nothing. Who is this for, exactly? Can people who voted positive explain what they enjoy about this, exactly? Is it just the fact that you happen to play a spec that's both viable in PvE and PvP so you can have a massive advantage over people who don't? I can see literally no other reason.
    Maybe this is some retarded solution to the idea that pvp isn't rewarding enough and some people thought that stomping others in BG's was actually exciting. I don't know. Either way its stupid. It doesn't even affect me as in already 11/20 but it will hurt my friends and loads of people. Ruins the competition.

This proves just how out of touch Blizzard is from their PvP players. This entire expansion seemed to want players to focus purely on one character and spec - both in PvE and PvP. Something like this would have potentially been ok, say, after vanilla/tbc - but the game has become so alt/multi-spec friendly since then, that's it's impossible to go back and not upset the vast majority of your playerbase.

Definitely the most retarded change ever. Since the friends I play with don't have mains that have a viable setup together we made alts to pvp on and figured that now that we were at 34 we were finally done, and with patch we could get some of our new alts up to play on as well. Now there is no point pvp'ing on alts at all, unless our setup with mains end up being viable with the changes(warrior, priest and paladin, so not too likely) we will most likely just not do any pvp anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Now there is no point pvp'ing on alts at all
    If it was just an alt problem I wouldn't even care as much because god knows Legion is already unfriendly enough towards alts as it is. This makes it impossible to PvP on MAINS. Are we supposed to PvP as Holy or Vengeance? Why weren't we at least warned about this so we could've spread our AP between two weapons in advance and be just mediocre in both PvE and PvP instead of completely useless in one of them? We've spent the last five months being told instanced PvP stopped counting traits after 34 so we could safely dump it into our PvE specs, and now, out of nowhere, the very day before the patch, they pull this.

as a PvE'r with high ilvl and high traits time to dominate pvp'rs even harder lol.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of those really horrible changes that was only mentioned the day before the Patch and slipped in quietly. It really is a horrible thing to be looking at, especially with how grindy the game is right now. I was under the impression they wanted to make PVP easier to get in to, by adding templates and removing gear. Then they added Honor Talents, so you can't function at the same level until you've unlocked them all, Artifacts Traits, where you are at a straight disadvantage, and now Artifact damage for another 15%. The difference between a new 110 and a capped AP/HT Tree 110 is looking bigger than anything in previous expansions.

I want to play my OS and Alts but changes like this just say to me not to do it. I miss the solid and linear progression that PVP had with gear. Let's face it, the few who likely have the 54 cap already are those pushing for World First Mythic NH, not PVPers.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    as a PvE'r with high ilvl and high traits time to dominate pvp'rs even harder lol.
    You will never beat me keyboard turner!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is just horrible, a complete disaster

The change is likely more for a progression path in PvP, allowing a method to get more powerful as time goes on. There's currently no gear progression in PvP beyond ilvl, which in itself is rather underwhelming. There's really no power progression after you Prestige for the first time beyond AP every other honor level after the changes they made earlier in the xpac. Simple put: currently your character's power increases very quickly up front, but then it plateaus and pretty much stops just as quickly.

Personally the reason I've strayed from instanced PvP is the templates. Good idea on paper, but I hate the stat allocations and lack of gear customization towards that end. What if you don't like your template? Too bad, nothing you can do about it. Templates attempt to make all classes/specs equal via templates, but some are more equal than others. And I'll say this: even though I have 54 trait points in my weapon, that extra power alone wouldn't make instanced PvP more enjoyable under the current system, maybe just a bit more tolerable.

Quick aside about alts and AP: even under the current system, it's relatively easy to have at least 35 points on an alt or two doing the bare minimum at this point. 7.1.5 will make it vastly easier to the point where you could probably level a weapon from nothing to 35 in a day or two max if you wanted on a fresh alt. It only depends on how much effort you want to put into a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonor View Post
    You will never beat me keyboard turner!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is just horrible, a complete disaster
    you'll go down easily in a lava burst stormkeeper icefury burst np.

Pretty sure that change was meant for upcoming new traits being added to weapons and not the +damage trait.