Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seon View Post
    Pretty sure that change was meant for upcoming new traits being added to weapons and not the +damage trait.
    That makes no sense since they're not being added this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    That makes no sense since they're not being added this patch.
    Don't think that matters, they're simply enabling it now. It also says "traits 35 and above" and there's technically only 1 trait over 34 right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seon View Post
    Don't think that matters, they're simply enabling it now.
    "Trinkets dropped by Sargeras are now enabled in PvP". Does that sound logical to you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    as a PvE'r with high ilvl and high traits time to dominate pvp'rs even harder lol.
    I know you are trolling but i'll bite and tell you that... if that goes live , you won't ever get the que even for skirmish arena or Bg ...forget rated PvP already... Eventually you will dominate the waiting time breaking some record to be proud of... as it will be no PvP to be played...

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    I know you are trolling but i'll bite and tell you that... if that goes live , you won't ever get the que even for skirmish arena or Bg ...forget rated PvP already... Eventually you will dominate the waiting time breaking some record to be proud of... as it will be no PvP to be played...
    thats ok im master of all BG's and 250k hks done, can WQ my prestige to max lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The change is likely more for a progression path in PvP, allowing a method to get more powerful as time goes on. There's currently no gear progression in PvP beyond ilvl, which in itself is rather underwhelming. There's really no power progression after you Prestige for the first time beyond AP every other honor level after the changes they made earlier in the xpac. Simple put: currently your character's power increases very quickly up front, but then it plateaus and pretty much stops just as quickly.

Personally the reason I've strayed from instanced PvP is the templates. Good idea on paper, but I hate the stat allocations and lack of gear customization towards that end. What if you don't like your template? Too bad, nothing you can do about it. Templates attempt to make all classes/specs equal via templates, but some are more equal than others. And I'll say this: even though I have 54 trait points in my weapon, that extra power alone wouldn't make instanced PvP more enjoyable under the current system, maybe just a bit more tolerable.

Quick aside about alts and AP: even under the current system, it's relatively easy to have at least 35 points on an alt or two doing the bare minimum at this point. 7.1.5 will make it vastly easier to the point where you could probably level a weapon from nothing to 35 in a day or two max if you wanted on a fresh alt. It only depends on how much effort you want to put into a weapon.
    You're missing something...
    That something is that most people would be at least 50 TPs in their prefered spec.... if they played 1 char that is. But as things were there was no point in staying in one char for PvP, since you could have many specs at 34 and many alts as well... Personally i've putted my effort there... Can they give me back my time to rearrange things a bit? No...
    So... I'd prefer to quit there and not give them money out of respct of my effort that they don't respect... it goes that way.
    If they had it like this from start... ok fine, i'd knew what i have to do and spend time/effort in the way i should... Now with this, even if it is 1 day (or maybe 3 in my case), do i want to burn this/these day/s to MoS farming like maniac ...again?
    Or you think that a PvPer that stays in the game to PvP has ANY interest in running MoS 1100 times to get 20 traits in a day? It's not like i can catch it via arena/BGs in a day.. worthless AP gains relatively to massive MoS +X farm some guilds can do...
    Think of it the other side... You don't get AP when you lose, and YOU WILL lose some games...
    Don't compare the 2 things...and when your best way to stay competent in PvP is PvE ...yeah...something goes wrong...
    It's like saying playing normal BGs and skirmishes should award you mythic raid level with chance of TF gear...
    The problem with PvP is that you can lose and get NOTHINg out of it... while in PvE you ALWAYS get something...

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have fun in Maw of Souls PvPers! - Blizzard

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP players:

>BLIZZARD NEW PVP TEMPLATES ARE STOOPID I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MYSELF STRONGER THROUGH PROGRESSION

>BLIZZARD THESE TRAITS ARE STOOPID PEOPLE CAN BE BETTER AT ME THROUGH PROGRESSION.

Never change community.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    PvP players:

>BLIZZARD NEW PVP TEMPLATES ARE STOOPID I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MYSELF STRONGER THROUGH PROGRESSION

>BLIZZARD THESE TRAITS ARE STOOPID PEOPLE CAN BE BETTER AT ME THROUGH PROGRESSION.

Never change community.
    Actually these changes are done to appease PVE players.

PVP players want gear progression to return of the most part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually these changes are done to appease PVE players.

PVP players want gear progression to return of the most part.
    And no PvP player wants progression that involves doing nothing but PvE. It's humans with double ICC trinkets and Shadowmourne all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    PvP players:

Never change community.
    PvP players wanted progression THROUGH PVP. Just like PvE players get progression through PvE.

This change is basically telling PvP'ers to mindlessly grind AP (farm raids/mythics, shit that has NOTHING to do with PvP) more than ever, in order to be competitive. It also severely discourages respeccing and alts in PvP which are crucial aspects for adapting to big changes. Basically tie yourself to 1 spec on 1 character for the rest of Legion, and if you want to try PvP as something else then eat shit.

Would PvE'ers be happy if they were forced to complete 1000 Arena matches in order to upgrade their legendaries, or enter Nighthold? Of course not. They would lose their shit, and rightly so.

Needing a rank 35 artifact to be competitive in PvP was already fucking stupid. But now someone with 54 traits is going to have a +14.5% damage/healing advantage and 14% more health over someone with 35. This kind of shit has no place in instanced PvP.

Understand now?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2017-01-10 at 04:04 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Crying over a change that can be summed as "he who dedicated more time on a char will have an advantage over those who didn't".
    Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Crying over a change that can be summed as "he who dedicated more time on a char will have an advantage over those who didn't".
    Really?
    Read my post above yours.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Really?
    Why don't we make you win five hundred rated BGs as part of the Nighthold attunement? Dedicated players should be rewarded, right?

Anyone know if this will affect rated pvp !?

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    Why don't we make you win five hundred rated BGs as part of the Nighthold attunement? Dedicated players should be rewarded, right?
    This. /10chars

Really?
    Leave that to world PvP, not ranked. The most that should be progressed through PvP are cosmetic rewards (titles, mounts, transmogs, pets, etc).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    PvP players wanted progression THROUGH PVP. Just like PvE players get progression through PvE.

This change is basically telling PvP'ers to mindlessly grind AP (farm raids/mythics, shit that has NOTHING to do with PvP) more than ever, in order to be competitive. It also severely discourages respeccing and alts in PvP which are crucial aspects for adapting to big changes. Basically tie yourself to 1 spec on 1 character for the rest of Legion, and if you want to try PvP as something else then eat shit.

Would PvE'ers be happy if they were forced to complete 1000 Arena matches in order to upgrade their legendaries, or enter Nighthold? Of course not. They would lose their shit, and rightly so.

Needing a rank 35 artifact to be competitive in PvP was already fucking stupid. But now someone with 54 traits is going to have a +14.5% damage/healing advantage and 14% more health over someone with 35. This kind of shit has no place in instanced PvP.

Understand now?
    You are way too logical and knowledgable about the game for those retards to understand.

Wasting your time mate :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Understand now?
    There is one big thing you are missing though: equating raiding with "PvE content."

There's a massive difference between raiding and WQs or low level M+ farming. Which is why it's disliked by so many raiders.

The vast majority of raiders want to show up and raid. That's it.

I'd say PvP has as much in common with WQs as Raiding has with WQs.

So welcome to the suffering party. Glad you can join us. (Though hopefully this pvp change will at least start dialogue on this which has basically been completely ignored by Blizz. Partially due to holidays).
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2017-01-10 at 06:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Looks like we were completely lied to from Day 1 about this. Holinka I recall specifically tweeted that traits only up to 34 would work. Many PvPers just leveled or started leveling all specs to 34 then. Now this happenened. What a spit in the face of so many people.