Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Valor points please. However we should keep the current personal loot, just add valor point vendors as a form of RNG protection.
    Agreed. Especially if you can use valor to buy current tier 'normal' raid gear and upgrade that gear with tokens dropped in heroic and mythic raids. Like in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That just means if you get lucky to begin with you keep getting luckier, which is shitty for people who don't get lucky at the start to get that luck-circle started.
    Except those who aren't lucky to begin with will see some benefits of having higher ilvl since their bad luck will be counterbalanced.

To be honest tho, I'd rather they get rid of all those upgrades because it's never a good feeling.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Fuck Titanforging, Legendaries can go to hell and so can Tertiary stats.
    They could bring back item upgrading and add tokens as an upgrade currency. That way getting a titanforge would feel like an actual bonus (free upgrade without spending tokens). I have a hard time grasping why game designers keep reinventing the RNG grind again and again when we've seen again and again that players really like RNG when it feels like an occasional bonus on top of fairly steady gear progress instead of the whole gearing process being a frustrating RNG roll fest.

Personally I'd like it if tier sets were entirely on tokens and the other slots were random, especially trinkets. But that's maybe because I've concinved myself of the RP that tier sets are something that the best armorsmiths, tailors and the like in the realm gathered to craft for the champions that tackle the challenge of the day and it doesn't make sense that the armor set drops in the raid instead of being something that the elite champions get equipped with as they go into the raid...

Deleted
    People seem to think this system would replace personal loot, no. It would work alongside personal loot

Yes please.
    I'd much rather have tokens or "point" to buy gear for than this random system we have now.

I like working for my items and know when I'll get them. The RNG is supposed to add excitement but for me, it only adds frustration.

Deleted
    Badges were nice, especially for when (I myself) was a casual. When I started raiding a lot they lost meaning quickly after raid content was cleared, but they helped with off-specs.
    Also does anyone else hate it that main stats being white and crit/expertise etc. stats were green, but that was removed from items? The layout/coloring, I mean. Somehow it always bugged me much.

This. Fuck Titanforging, Legendaries can go to hell and so can Tertiary stats.
    I personally don't mind the idea of Titanforged and Warforged, but it seems like it's very common when it used to be a very rare reward from raids in MoP but now it's so common that you feel like you need to farm for Titanforged items even if you have a Warforged version.

Yeah, I prefer the tokens. I have toons with tons of higher ilevel relics for specs I haven't even completed the quest for. I had to ask my roommate "does Unholy use fire relics, cuz I have 3 880+ fucking fire relics and only 840 relics for my main spec" he's like, yep. I was like, fucking bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Badges go back to BC. Dungeons give tons of rewards now, they certainly don't need more bebefits. Depending on what you play and your ability dungeons are by far the most rewarding part of the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    They could bring back item upgrading and add tokens as an upgrade currency. That way getting a titanforge would feel like an actual bonus (free upgrade without spending tokens). I have a hard time grasping why game designers keep reinventing the RNG grind again and again when we've seen again and again that players really like RNG when it feels like an occasional bonus on top of fairly steady gear progress instead of the whole gearing process being a frustrating RNG roll fest.
    I would love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Except those who aren't lucky to begin with will see some benefits of having higher ilvl since their bad luck will be counterbalanced.

To be honest tho, I'd rather they get rid of all those upgrades because it's never a good feeling.
    How would the unlucky people benefit? The system you described would basically be:
    Bob gets an 850 titanforged item the moment he hits 110. His WF/TF luck is now increased, so his next TF item rolls 860. The next one rolls 875.
    Joe gets an 810 warforged item from his first WQ. He now has to slowly work his way up, because he didn't get that immediate leap that kept the WF/TF cycle going.

Now sure, if Joe does mythic raiding while Bob just keeps doing WQs, obviously Joe would eventually probably end up with higher ilevel, but that's already the case on live, but at that point you're comparing wildly different people.
    Agreed that it should be removed instead, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the system to that was in ICC it was perfect imo..Plus making my own gear too it was worth something.. And it was raid ready instead of falling so far behind its impossible to catch up without people yelling at you to make your own GRP..

yes, i think badge system was awesome. i would say a compromise between wotlk/cata system would be the best. wotlk had way too many different badges, i think 2 would be enough (just like valor/justice points in cata). best tokens would be from the highest difficulty, daily rhc and weekly quests. worse tokens from everything else (additional rhc runs, lower difficulty raids, older raids), so just like wotlk. with new content, blizzard would convert lesser tokens into gold and valor toknes into lesser tokens (just like cata). so we can only have 2 and not 10 different versions, which was ridiculous

honestly, i dont understand why they removed badge/points system at all, its one of the things i miss in wow another example would be useful reputations and tabards. again a mix of wotlk cata would be the best here. you could farm rep with both tabard in dungeons and doing daily quests. and for rep you should be able to buy gear. with gold, not stupid valor, like they did it in pandaria (yay for double gated gear)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post

also this. blizzard, please. remove that stupid warforged/titanforged/extra socket bullshit already farming bis gear was fun. getting new item doesnt feel that good when i know theres better version of it. feels like i will never be done with gearing up my char, so theres no sense of accomplishment to me

I used to run 5 mans all the time. They were a big part of Wow for me. The last 2 expacs? Haven't run them hardly at all. Why? Because the return for the time spent is abysmal. My rogue just hit 110 last week. I ran 5 dungeons and did not get any upgrades (only 1 piece of gear overall). What a WASTE of time! Same thing last expac. Ran 5-6 dungeons - no gear. Fine, I'll find another way to gear up. If they had valor/justice points, there would be a reason to run them again.
    Just my $.02

FF14 doesn't award tokens in dungeons. It never has done. And no I'd rather not go back to the badge system personally. Imo personal loot is the best damn thing they have introduced to the game.
    Yes it does/did. There called Tomestones and are the same system as valor/jp.

I would love for you to get tokens outside of raiding that can get you base level tier gear.

But sadly this isn't wrath.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I would much prefer a badge type system that provided a more direct approach to gearing to prepare for raids rather than the pure RNG it is now. RNG on which world quests provide an item, RNG to determine which item that is, RNG to determine if that item upgrades, RNG on the emissary quest turn in for the same stuff with the added RNG of it possibly being a legendary. On top of this there's the RNG of item drops from bosses in dungeons, and whether or not they'll upgrade...

It gets incredibly disheartening when none of this goes your way. At least with a badge type system you could know you're at least working towards something and will get it eventually.

FFXIV does it right IMO. Not that WoW does it wrong, but the system in FFXIV just feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes it does/did. There called Tomestones and are the same system as valor/jp.

I would love for you to get tokens outside of raiding that can get you base level tier gear.

But sadly this isn't wrath.
    I know I had a derp moment from tiredness. . But honestly if it came back then I would want to see the trade off be a bit less RNG in gear.

Deleted
    The problem is the current system is Mt RNGfest. Titanforging, Warforging, rolling a socket, rolling tertiary, Legendaries and so on. Honestly back when we had basic Thunderforged and Warforged that was perfect. Chance for to upgrade 6 ilvls. Perfect imo.
    And getting lucky roll in WQ epic feels "meh" because even Myth 7 warforging items wont replace that.
    Its lucky for me, but it also makes stuff pretty boring when you know you wont get "new shiny loot" till next raid tier or another titanforged.

I got ilvl 880 wrists from WQ and probably wont be replacing that before nighthold gul'dan, or lucky rng roll on myth+8 :/

Token system is rather boring though it was fine for wrath but i doubt anyone wants a token system for gear that can be nullified with ease considering the amount of M+ you can do and get gear superfast

Deleted
    Nope, i do like the system like it is now, i can see why it is horrible for a lot of people, but in my case that i am gonna have to be doing a ton of heroics with my alts, the uncontrolled RNG thing, makes doing those heroics more interesting.
    What i would love to see is a token dropping from each last boss of each dungeon, allowing us to reforge one stat of whatever piece we want to reforge, not soulbound, so min maxers can buy it and not whine it is "mandatory"