Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Couldnt possibly be because divorce was highly ridiculed before? Now nobody gives a shit when you divorce, as they should.
    This is certainly not an issue calling for an exlcusive or. There is definitely a lot of misconception about marriage these days and a lot of people just divoce instead of trying because everyone tells them that is easier. The loving relationships that some people aspire to were certainly not forged that way. But that does obviously not mean you have to stay with a terrible person no matter what. A happy medium needs to be found and currently we are far from it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-09 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This is certainly not an issue calling for an exlcusive or. There is definitely a lot of misconception about marriage these days and a lot of people just divoce instead of trying because everyone tells them that is easier. The loving relationships that some people aspire to were certainly not forged that way. But that does obviously not mean you have to stay with a terrible person no matter what. A happy medium needs to be found and currently we are far from it.
    Theres no happy medium. People do as they wish or they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Theres no happy medium. People do as they wish or they dont.
    As a society at whole there is definitely a better place to be found than encouraging everyone to immediately give up or stay with awful people until death does them part.

Of my closest 20 friends, nearly all of them waited until they were married to have sex. And not one of them ever had a drop of alcohol. Same can be said for me. I could also extend that number out to my closest 50 friends, and though I obviously am not as close with them, I could say with confidence that almost all of them did the same. I got married a month before I turned 32 to the most gorgeous woman on the planet. We both waited, and if we could go back, we wouldn't change a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i think in my area its the other way around. I dont know of a single person that never had sex before marriage.
    This pretty much...can't think of anyone I've known who hasn't lost their virginity before marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    They do here, because it's not a sin to do so. Only brainwashed fools believe it is actually a sin.
    I am not judging christianity, just saying what is in the scriptures. Whether you believe that or have your own interpretation on the bible is your own concern :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Adultery, sexual immorality, adultery, sexual immorality, more adultery, more sexual immorality, "if you fuck a virgin you have to marry her or pay her father if he objects to the marriage", more adultery, no sex with prostitutes, even more adultery, more sexual immorality and adultery. None of which are "no sex outside of marriage in general", but apparently what the Church says is in the Bible somehow is in the Bible even if it's not actually there.

I am not judging christianity, just saying what is in the scripture. The interpretation is up to you to understand or believe or not (if that even matters to you), however the meaning and interpretation is quite clear and shared by almost all denominations. Whether people follow those or not is not a proof of sort that the scripture is obscure or unclear about the conduct of a christian. Remember people like Hitler are said to be christians; this does not mean that his behavior is christ like of course.

Remember being christian is ultimatily following the exemple and word of christ. for christians it is an ideal near impossible to reach.

But enough talking, it seems that I am steering feeling I did not intend to.

Very rare. Australians put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    People have sex before marriage more now than they ever have. Divorce sky-rocketing. Depression sky-rocketing. People having NO clue how to have adult relationships sky-rocketing.

But hey! The flesh is weak.
    Speaking from experience, I much prefer being with a woman who knows what she's doing and/or what she wants/likes. Being with someone who doesn't know what they like can lead to awkward situations or just one really boring night.

Even more so if it's a relationship. Knowing what you want from your partner is insanely important. Knowing what she wants from you can make for a really exciting night too.

No one I've ever dated has been that way. Idk a few weeks at most, even before I went to college before having sex really.

Its easier to ask the inverse question

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    About as common as snow storms in hell.
    There was a snowstorm here in atlanta just last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

I have never met a single human being in my life who professed to be "saving themselves" for marriage.

Non existent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i think in my area its the other way around. I dont know of a single person that never had sex before marriage. I think this is a muslim thing?
    he means sex not rape

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-10 at 05:27 PM.

[QUOTE=psyquest;44090722]I dont think so. Practicing christians dont have sex before marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

I just damn near choked on the soda i was drinking after reading that. My first sexual experience was with my neighbor whose father was the local minister. At the Church no less.

Most young "Christians" no longer follow this rule, take your head out of the sand.

I dont have a no sex before marriage rule but I do have "get to know the girl first" one and avoid hook up culture. Seems so sketchy and odd to me to find girls through tindir but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have never met a single human being in my life who professed to be "saving themselves" for marriage.
    Pleased to meet you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I live in a fishing community and it has one of the highest teenage birthrates in Nova Scotia so I'm going with nearly non-existent. Dalhousie even did a study of the area to find out why and the TL;DR results were something like incredibly easy girls, money, and booze.
    My story was also from a Nova Scotian fishing community! And there were a fair few pregnancies from my peers starting around grade 9 or so.

Aw shit I just looked up a Dal study and the county I grew up in is in the red... not surprising.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2017-01-10 at 05:12 AM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I was picky as fuck and din't have sex with someone til I was 23. I eventually just did it because, well, fuck it. Amusingly enough, I met my wife shortly after.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Sounds common but it is not, first hand experience haha. All that is just talk. they start with anal, oral then give in.

I'm in my 40s now...back in the day growing up most of my friends, including myself didn't get laid until we went to university. It wasn't because of the no sex before marriage thing, it was usually lack of girls willing to give it up along with a lack of opportunity. I went to the wrong high school...it was highly academic with a lot of people focused more on studying and getting into university than partying and getting laid...of course people were banging but not anywhere near the level as when I went to university.

I've worked abroad for a number of years and the area I am in now, I don't think anyone guy/girl waits for marriage. It is so damn hit and miss...so I conclude it is just like when I was younger...opportunity is everything.

I haven't lived in a Muslim country, but friends of mine that have always tell me the local girls were always off limits...draw your own conclusions.

The guy who said you have to bang before you marry for compatibility: bullshit. Wait until you have been married 10+ years and have kids. Kids kill your sex life, as does the fact the older you get as a guy the more your dick isn't running your life...well at least for some guys. Guys like Tiger pumping juice probably have the same urges as a 15 year old all the time...