Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Their main goal this xpac has been to roll out more patches. Realistically, this is going to mean imperfect releases.

I actually have a bit more faith in 7.2 being Legion's first big change patch. I feel that that one will be the patch to address many of the plaguing issues (such as RNG legendaries) in the game and it'll come out fairly solid in a few months. Do note, I state this as somebody who has been really really let down by Legion.

Also, I can see why some would break based on some of the posts in that thread you posted. You can't win with the WoW community.
    Iterative design means more patches and more times where things might not make perfect sense but don't fret, there will be another patch and those things will be looked at and corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on earth is this the worst patch? I think it's been made very clear by now that it's a minor patch with minor additions/changes. Wait for 7.2.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    How on earth is this the worst patch? I think it's been made very clear by now that it's a minor patch with minor additions/changes. Wait for 7.2.
    Minor? How in the world is this patch MINOR? Have you seen some of the things they are doing? 70% of classes are getting overhauls along with huge Secondary Stat nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    Yeah, totally. On top of balance being a joke all expansion they basically just removed PvP for everyone but people who spam M+ all day with one single "minor" patch.
    What are you talking about? Balance is totally fine.

Also, eh? They didn't remove PVP! You just haven't tried hard enough to earn that badass season 2 gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Its their fucking job. And they failed at it.
    How can you fail at something that's continuously being iterated. By that logic, evolution is a fail, science is a fail, language is a fail, art is a fail, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Minor? How in the world is this patch MINOR? Have you seen some of the things they are doing? 70% of classes are getting overhauls along with huge Secondary Stat nerfs.
    You really should stop with the hyperbole. It's not healthy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    You really should stop with the hyperbole. It's not healthy for you.
    This patch has huge changes including the undocumented changes to secondary stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This patch has huge changes including the undocumented changes to secondary stats.
    I already covered that for you, but you conveniently ignored it. You want the documentation? Here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/secondary-sta...in-patch-7-1-5

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...wledge-DLC-561

I already covered that for you, but you conveniently ignored it. You want the documentation? Here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/secondary-sta...in-patch-7-1-5

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...wledge-DLC-561
    No.

It is not in the official notes.

Try again.

Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to be angry about?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It helped with the problem of AK. You can't deny, that having that 15 as soon as you hit lvl 110 is going to help AP gain by a huge margain. Yes the problem with legendaries is still there, but the problem is not bigger. All legendaries gained after 7.1.5 will be "upgraded" so you can actuallly say that the gap is going to shortend faster, since many old and new players are gonna get an upgraded item at about the same time.
    No....to upgrade legendaries you still need do content and if you don't have a legendary you are already falling behind....

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Is WoW your life?

No? Then nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It is not in the official notes.

Try again.
    Oh, I didn't know blue posts weren't official. MY BAD.

Also, welcome to my ignore list with the 7 other people, try to stay warm.

EDIT: Plus, it was mentioned in the OFFICIAL "Patch 7.1.5 Survival Guide"
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-01-10 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post

I will not pass judgement on you since you don't know, but I feel a great disappointment in people trying to keep others in the dark of what is coming tomorrow....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I didn't know blue posts weren't official. MY BAD.
    Then it should be in the final patch notes. When players log in tomorrow and look at reduced secondary stats...that isn't a credible "defense".

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's the POINT of PTR. it's a way to test things. You cannot seriously expect them to nail changes the first time on everything and are you really complaining that they're trying things? REALLY?
    Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But the impression I get, though, is that they... are not masters of balance, let's say. If they made a couple changes here and there, sweeping or not, and settled with that, I'd have a lot more confidence. Again, not complaining, just voicing that I get the impression they have no idea how to balance these bracers. Which leads me to think maybe they have the same problems with class balance in general.

And hey, I'm not that guy. I've always figured they knew what they were doing. But the progression of changes for this particular item (among other things) has left me thinking a bit differently.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Patch Notes

Recent CM Exchange

Patch Notes Discussion on Official Forums

It's becoming more and more transparent as each week goes by how much the wow team is struggling. The patch notes are the cherry on the top of a disastrous patch rollout. It's disappointing to such a lack of polish compared to previous patches and it all seems quite rushed.

There has been numerous changes across specs with spells being buffed/nerfed and then said changes being reverted indicating a lack of direction and improvement processes in place to ensure classes are balanced and fun.

There has been many significant changes that have been implemented on the PTR servers and are now missing (or potentially undocumented) in the patch notes.

The recent exchange between Ornyx and the community (Ornyx - "Thanks for your level-headedness, despite being downvoted for no reason. Most of us aren't in til 10 a.m., by the way, and we have some key figures sick today - not that I should need to share this.") is completely unprofessional.

As seen on various wow discussion platforms (MMO Champ, Official wow forums, Discord channels, Wowhead, twitter) many people are just as disappointed as I am and frustrated by the mixed communications after blizzard made a big point of being more transparent with the community.

Oh well maybe patch 7.2 will fix it.
    Is there anything in the patch notes that people NEED to see even a day earlier than normal? Anyone who cares that much about them knows basically what is coming, anyone who doesn't know that probably doesn't actually care.

I'd rather have a company that acts friendly, and some transparency than your version of professionalism.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Even the patch notes are incomplete....

This is lazy and sloppy on Blizzard all around
    Nothing like scrolling down to my class to read "We buffed some stuff," Even the Community managers struggle to do their simple job.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But the impression I get, though, is that they... are not masters of balance, let's say. If they made a couple changes here and there, sweeping or not, and settled with that, I'd have a lot more confidence. Again, not complaining, just voicing that I get the impression they have no idea how to balance these bracers. Which leads me to think maybe they have the same problems with class balance in general.
    You are being very kind...I will be more blunt.

Players and player created simulations are better at determining DPS simulations than the WoW devs tools and the WoW devswhich are privy to internal data that players do not have.

WoW devs say player simulations are "wrong" and yet their simulations are so sporadic you are seeing massive differences between entire specs and classes when it comes to DPS this late into the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The patch hasn't even been released yet. Let's stay away from ridiculous hyperbolic threads like this.

Closing.