Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys, does anyone knows whats the best relic trait to go with this build? Is there any sim of it?

My guess is Chaos Strike=>Eye Beam, but from there i have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Does the demo/EB build use throw glaive in the rotation at all? Also, do DH need to pool (outside of popping meta) resources? For instance, how do you use chaos strike? 1 x, then DB to build fury until you have it then again? Or build to near max and use it all on Chaos Strike?
    It does not use throwglave, you spam the crap outa chaos strike and you pool soul fragments just before EB comes off CD. read the rotation info on the 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by Raptrap View Post
    Guys, does anyone knows whats the best relic trait to go with this build? Is there any sim of it?

My guess is Chaos Strike=>Eye Beam, but from there i have no clue.
    the answer this is in the 1st post.

I have the legendary helm and was considering trying out this build for funsies.

I have a few doubts and questions about it though.

First, the whole "stuck on nemesis because momentum can use soul frags at a bad time." Seems pretty rough. In 7.1.5+, momentum is still going to be the talent choice to go with the vast majority of the time. Momentum is probably going to pull ahead when you have more than one add to hit for like 5% of the time. That means almost all of the nighthold fights (I believe there are 2? single target fights in NH) and all mythic +, momentum is still going to be the talent of choice. How difficult is the build to make work with momentum? Do you just have to pop eyebeam sometimes without a momentum buff if you don't get the timing perfect so you're not consuming souls while eyebeam is off CD?

Also, for single target, whats the point of the build if it performs slightly worse than the standard build? Just the leech?

Like the op not a fan of momentum, it's not ideal for places like tov very excited about this build looks like alot of fun plus I think it will increase our usefulNess in raids because healers won't have to pay attention to us as much

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I have the legendary helm and was considering trying out this build for funsies.

I have a few doubts and questions about it though.

How difficult is the build to make work with momentum? Do you just have to pop eyebeam sometimes without a momentum buff if you don't get the timing perfect so you're not consuming souls while eyebeam is off CD?
    I've done some testing with this build on PTR soloing mythic Arcway. I've found that there is virtually no synergy between the 8-second Demon Form and a 4-second Momentum window. It is beyond clunky...Momentum felt like it was active at all the wrong moments. Very frustrating and anxeiety inducing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    I've done some testing with this build on PTR soloing mythic Arcway. I've found that there is virtually no synergy between the 8-second Demon Form and a 4-second Momentum window. It is beyond clunky...Momentum felt like it was active at all the wrong moments. Very frustrating and anxeiety inducing IMO.
    Activate momentum inside demonic window, done. Fel rush is micro GCD retreat is no GCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Activate momentum inside demonic window, done. Fel rush is micro GCD retreat is no GCD.
    The sims for Demonic seem to show momentum being a major DPS loss compared to Nemesis so it doesnt seem worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    The sims for Demonic seem to show momentum being a major DPS loss compared to Nemesis so it doesnt seem worth it
    I mean you're playing demonic in the first place, which is going to be a major dps loss as far as raids are concerned from what it looks like.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I mean you're playing demonic in the first place, which is going to be a major dps loss as far as raids are concerned from what it looks like.
    Thats not necessarily true. Zarania's sims have 1310311, 3310311, 2210311, 2220311, and 3330333 all being competitive and close to each other.

Last I saw before they got taken down 3330333 was significantly below in both ST & aoe fights - as in 10% lower.

NOONE serious is going to run a 10% dps loss unless you're doing some special job where you can go off by yourself without healers.

That being said there were a lot of changes tonight and we don't know what's legit yet.

Last I saw before they got taken down 3330333 was significantly below in both ST & aoe fights - as in 10% lower.

NOONE serious is going to run a 10% dps loss unless you're doing some special job where you can go off by yourself without healers.

That being said there were a lot of changes tonight and we don't know what's legit yet.
    The note he left taking them down is that last minute ptr note changes are forcing a sim update. Lets see what impact the changes have on the numbers

Yup, sorry about having to take them down but I knew if I left them up it would be...problematic.

Then you're gimping an already gimped uptime on momentum by saving it for demonic window. At that point, just take Nemesis.

All of the builds were were all simming within 30k. 3310333 Is the build I was pushing but Chaos cleave just got a major nerf. went from being 25% bonus to 10% bonus damage/cleave. I'm gonna try it on live tomorrow as well as 3320333, 3320233 and 3310233

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Then you're gimping an already gimped uptime on momentum by saving it for demonic window. At that point, just take Nemesis.
    that's fine for single target but demonic only really competitive for aoe, and you're sure as shit not going to use nemesis in aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    All of the builds were were all simming within 30k. 3310333 Is the build I was pushing but Chaos cleave just got a major nerf. went from being 25% bonus to 10% bonus damage/cleave. I'm gonna try it on live tomorrow as well as 3320333, 3320233 and 3310233
    Please keep us updated, as someone with raddons I am very interested in a viable eyebeam build!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    Please keep us updated, as someone with raddons I am very interested in a viable eyebeam build!
    Well for me at least, the dream is now dead - with the CC nerf I lose around 35k. For now at least, a 2220321 build sims at 512k. Best demonic build is 482k, with 3320333
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    Last I saw was more like 60k, and 30k is still OVER 5% behind. That's awful.

Neither DB or momentum are really mandatory anymore, there are better builds that don't run either in raids that aren't demonic (which seems godly for dungeons don't get me wrong, but doesn't look like it will have enough performance for raids)

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    looks like the nerf to chaos cleave was fairly bad. first blood is performing better for me. though I have no dps legendaries.