I would rather see mastery being divided by how many targets a spell affects, so for Vivify, 1/3 of the mastery healing can be applied to every person healed and for EF 1/18th per hit (or even better have master proc three times over the 3 secs and each bolt gets 1/6th of the benefit). Soothing Mist should definitely proc mastery every X/sec (or a small percentage of Mastery at every proc). Overall, I think it would be better if mastery directly impacts all spells instead of only some of them and only on one target at a time. Healing numbers and the power of mastery would have to adjusted accordingly of course but such a change would make mastery more consistent and useful in all situations.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-01-09 at 05:44 PM.

BTW, it's a bit ironic that our new legendary is giving us Uplift as the effect isn't it?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    BTW, it's a bit ironic that our new legendary is giving us Uplift as the effect isn't it?
    not really. it's complete garbage. if anything it's a meme item.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL minigame arena is DEAD. Can't wait blizzard removed it and no idoits will say MW is GOOD any more

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    not really. it's complete garbage. if anything it's a meme item.
    Is it? I mean, at least it's finally one with Crit/Vers for stats.

Granted Sheilun's Gift would need a much quicker cast and we'd need 3 charges of renewing mist for this to be effective lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't think MW will be good 7.1.5. I feel MW will suck as 5.4 or HPriest in 6.2 in the end of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Don't think MW will be good 7.1.5. I feel MW will suck as 5.4 or HPriest in 6.2 in the end of Legion
    it's not anywhere close to as bad as those situations. 5.4 MW only sucked in 25 man (tbh though 25 man was the adult version of raiding). 6.2 Holy Priest was worse than MW is currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Is it? I mean, at least it's finally one with Crit/Vers for stats.

Granted Sheilun's Gift would need a much quicker cast and we'd need 3 charges of renewing mist for this to be effective lol.
    yes, it's awful. stick to prydaz / bracers / trinket. if you have any other legendary, i'm truly sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it's not anywhere close to as bad as those situations. 5.4 MW only sucked in 25 man (tbh though 25 man was the adult version of raiding). 6.2 Holy Priest was worse than MW is currently.

yes, it's awful. stick to prydaz / bracers / trinket. if you have any other legendary, i'm truly sorry.
    Worst... monk is now officially my alt, and I have Sephuz + Belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    i would rather see mastery being divided by how many targets a spell affects, so for vivify, 1/3 of the mastery healing can be applied to every person healed and for ef 1/18th per hit (or even better have master proc three times over the 3 secs and each bolt gets 1/6th of the benefit). Soothing mist should definitely proc mastery every x/sec (or a small percentage of mastery at every proc). Overall, i think it would be better if mastery directly impacts all spells instead of only some of them and only on one target at a time. Healing numbers and the power of mastery would have to adjusted accordingly of course but such a change would make mastery more consistent and useful in all situations.
    g i f t o f t h e s e r p e n t

Mistweaver

Mastery: Gust of Mists healing increased by 30%.

Rising Sun Kick mana cost is now 2% of base mana (was 2.25%).

Song of Chi-Ji cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).

Diffuse Magic cooldown is now 90 seconds (was 120 seconds).

Zen Pulse damage and healing increased to 220% of spell power (was 200%).

Mistwalk healing increased to 420% of spell power (was 350%).
    I wonder if that makes Mistwalk a good choice for M+ dungeons. I have never really tried it before so i know nothing about it.

Also is that mastery buff O.o
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-01-10 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    g i f t o f t h e s e r p e n t
    but no need for people to run over balls, plus a higher heal than the balls ever did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garg View Post
    but no need for people to run over balls, plus a higher heal than the balls ever did.
    You are WRONG. I have argued this point for 2 years. Balls weren't the issue of GotS. The problem is its number just sucks from theory. Stop this meme
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-01-10 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are WRONG. I have argued this point for 2 years. Balls weren't the issue of GotS. The problem is its number just sucks from theory. Stop this meme
    A lot of the issue was the balls yes

Deleted
    With buff to prayer of healing its now vivify with 2 targets more 0.5 slower cast with their mastery being good for the same mana.

Are you kidding? Would you rather have an extra, guaranteed heal on people, or a chance to spawn a ball that no one runs into devauling the entire stat, that hits like a drop of water in the ocean whenever someone did manage to walk their way through one? Adding RNG out of our control on top of RNG to summon these orbs was a horrible idea. Cool in theory, and alleviated when the option to detonate them was introduced (mana cost notwithstanding), but that still depended on positioning of other players, which is something no one else had to bother with.

Just because you argued two years about it doesn't mean you're right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    I wonder if that makes Mistwalk a good choice for M+ dungeons. I have never really tried it before so i know nothing about it.

Also is that mastery buff O.o
    Zen Pulse heals for more starting at three targets and has a lower cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    Zen Pulse heals for more starting at three targets and has a lower cooldown.
    Thats true, but Zen Pulse also has the restriction that it only has one charge and the target you are healing has to be in about melee range of three+ mobs.

Mistwalk on the other hand has 2 charges, so within a GCD you can do 840% SP healing which is great (just somewhat short of EnV healing which takes 6 secs without haste). It is basically the instant burst healing that we MW lack and it arguably has a lot less restrictions than Zen Pulse. Again, I have not really tried it so it may just look good on paper and terrible in practice, but I think will give it a try now and see what happens.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-01-10 at 04:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garg View Post
    Are you kidding? Would you rather have an extra, guaranteed heal on people, or a chance to spawn a ball that no one runs into devauling the entire stat, that hits like a drop of water in the ocean whenever someone did manage to walk their way through one? Adding RNG out of our control on top of RNG to summon these orbs was a horrible idea. Cool in theory, and alleviated when the option to detonate them was introduced (mana cost notwithstanding), but that still depended on positioning of other players, which is something no one else had to bother with.
    Gust of Mist depends on spells either. They are both BAD.

Gift of the serpent sucks never because of positions. I did simulation and the orb pick rate is around 80%. The fact is too hard NOT to pick a ball.

The true issue is the spawn rate, which depends on different spells. For example, A revival for a 20% mastery should spawn nearly 100 orbs in theory while according to the spreadsheet, it only spawns 8 spheres.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-01-10 at 06:11 PM.

i would ask our NA friends to see if the new RoP works in raids.

specifically CCable mobs (xavius p2 adds, iglynoth blobs etc)