Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendaries are an independent roll, that constantly gets changed because of the misery timer. The other loot inside is meaningless but seems to change when you change specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Well as you have 8 legendaries the chance to get a 9th is in the millions at the moment and I think its obvious unless this is a bragging post "look I has 8 legendaries".

Either way if its so big of a problem for you mate do the obvious don't play tonight and tomorrow. Still no need for so much consideration.

As for why I replied? I reply to posts esp to point out strange things like in your case.

You could simply do old content for 2 days. There, problem solved. Again. But hey feel free to theorycraft even more.
    Did i ever state one character?

These are forums and on forums you can ask questions, mostly those who have something valid to contribute will reply and people will discuss. Why does this irk you so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the loot spec is what counts NOT the spec you are in.
    And your average joe, most likly never has to change loot spec, but just has it to default, which means it just follows your current spec..

So, yeah, ofc changing your loot spec, is what in the end tells the game what spec you need loot for.. but I think it's pretty fair to assume, that the majority of people, actually don't use that feature all that much.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    All World Quests will be re-generated with this patch. You will retain your existing slate of Emissaries, but any current World Quests may disappear or have a different reward after the patch.

Patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes. I am talking about the tables in the background that determine loot, not the ones observable ingame.
    You think someone would do that manually when it's the same work to make a table for it?

Do you work public sector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You think someone would do that manually when it's the same work to make a table for it?

Do you work public sector?
    No, as I said earlier, I'm a doctor. And I'd assume that not all departments do the same work. The dungeon journal probably falls into the field of the UI part of the development team, and they'd access the database for loot created by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, as I said earlier, I'm a doctor. And I'd assume that not all departments do the same work. The dungeon journal probably falls into the field of the UI part of the development team, and they'd access the database for loot created by other teams.
    Yknow ghostcrawler has covered directly how this works and explained that, surprisingly, teams will ask others if they can get X things done for them that fall within their realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yknow ghostcrawler has covered directly how this works and explained that, surprisingly, teams will ask others if they can get X things done for them that fall within their realms
    I am aware of that. Of course they tightly work together, and help each other out, But I'd still assume that each team has a speciality and is assigned a certain amount of work, and they only go to other teams if they need help, or have their hands full. I doubt they do it willy nilly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I only need rep for the Vrykul guys in Stormhiem and then Wardens rep.
    I'll see if I need to get more rep, but only doing reserved for now.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Thats because you LOOT spec was resto all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

that couldnt be tried on ptr so noone knows that (yet) - wait till tomorrow when us make the test for eu
    Why would you quote me, to say exactly what I said ?

I was replying to someone who said they heard of people getting items from there cache which was the spec they were in at quest turn in, not opening. So I replied letting them know its based on what their spec is set at.

I know how to spec works, but for my shaman I wasn't changing spec in the drop down at all, its been set to 'use current spec' (As spec selection doesn't mean anything on world quests and I was always resto in dungeons/raids/LFR etc). So I turned my quest in still as elemental, and opened later on as resto and received resto items still.

Deleted
    I have given you the solution x2 posts now but you seem to want to pick up an argument with me. Don't play and you won't get any legendaries. Its very simple I wonder how you can't get it.

What kind of other solution would you like to hear then?

a) Do the quests don't open the chests
    b) Do the dungeons and pray no legendary drops
    c) Don't do anything legion related.

Imo we didn't need 8 pages or a new thread regarding this very simple issue. Which is my opinion on the topic of discussion I don't opine on who you are like you do.

So once again so you can understand it.

Play legion content and you may get another legendary. Don't play and you won't get one.

Either way its patch night so no need to blow everything out of proportion mate
    Why are you still replying? All you have given is "who cares, why make a thread about it" which is rather pointless. Turns out i was right with what i was wondering and not doing the emissary quests until reset is the best idea if you want more chance at one of the new legendaries as they wont reset on patch day*

But no, i should listen to your pointless reply saying who cares. I'm not picking an argument or blowing anything out of proportion, or do you define that as anyone who doesn't agree with you and follow your opinion on what counts as a worthy thread...

Once again so you can understand it.

The thread served it's purpose, if you don't think a thread is worthy of being a thread then don't feel the need to troll it.

Deleted
    When you quote someone its always nice to see what they have written.

I have offered you the solution you chose but you are so full of yourself you couldn't care to open your eyes and read two lines below your nose level.

But I guess if you have such trouble reading then yeah you surely needed advice to choose if to do or not to do some quests for two days.

As for why I am still replying? Because you quote me. Haven't you learned forum etiquette yet?

P.S. I have offered you the solution: "DONT DO LEGION CONTENT UNTIL PATCH" since my first post apparently thats "trolling" to you and then you decided to not do legion content as a solution. Makes sense?
    Seriously you're just continuing to miss the point of this thread entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 35 chests, 36 with today's emissary. I won them all as enhancement but gonna open them as ele when the patch hits, hope it works.

Deleted
    I guess the point of the thread is to harrass me at this point? Because we have already replied to your question. The fact that its a silly question and your problem could have been solved by extremely simple actions like logging out, logging in and idling, logging in and doing old content etc still evades you.

At this point its not my problem. I have offered you a solution you took it and never aknowledged me for telling you the solution but instead you called me a troll. Your solution was offered don't you have anything better to do in your life than harrass people on the internet?
    If you're not trolling then you must just a bit slow. You started trolling/harassing with your " this is a pointless thread " comment but if you feel better trying to say it's me then sure thing buddy. Your "solution" was wrong and pointless as it didn't address my original point. Saying play or don't is not helpful when my question was shall i save my emissary quests until weds so i have 3 to do on reset for more chance on the new legendarys.

It was answered that they will most likely they will reset to 3/3 on patch day anyway so that made my original point moot but then a blue post said that they wouldn't reset to 3/3 and you would have whatever emissary quest you would of had so saving them until patch would in fact give more chance on new legendarys.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Deleted
    "This is a pointless thread" is just my opinion. You shouldn't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions. I also offered you multiple solutions multiple times. It is obvious now that your thread was NOT made to address an actual problem but for reasons that are becoming obvious the more you insult and harrass me. I will just ignore you are not worth my time.
    Ok Troll...

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-10 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt stockpiling cache's will get you any new legendaries and the old vs new caches have a different loot id
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Your loot spec changes when you change spec.
    No, it doesnt. If you have it ever set to resto you can change to whatever spec you want and it always will stay resto. that beautiful change was made in wod i belive.
    your loot spec only changes if you are someone who has set it to current spec.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-01-10 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    As per the title.

Afaik the loot from the emissary cache is generated the moment you get the cache so doing the quests and saving the cache is a no go.
    Unless there are different rules on the ptr, this is false.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromatus View Post
    Unless there are different rules on the ptr, this is false.
    How would you know? They wipe characters between PTR's. So unless you had a character on the PTR saving up boxes and you opened them when a new patch hit you can't replicate this. If you copied a character quest rewards are randomized again because it's a new character, new database, new history.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    So any US resident able to confirm or deny getting new legendaries from caches?