Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Thanks LORE. CANT WAIT THIS NEW DEV TEAM TO REMOVE ARENA!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-remove-ARENA
    Dude, stop spamming other threads with your silly suggestions. This isn't feature lobbying forum. What's wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    They know this patch will not be well received tomorrow and a lot of info is missing from the patch notes.
    Is there a lot of information missing from the patch notes? Or are people taking data mined information to heart, something which has countlessly advised against for years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It seems blizzard is hiring inexperienced employees in general, you kinda notice it in their GM service lately, all rookies.
    You mean to say that Blizzard is doing the opposite of what people constantly bitch about, as in they're hiring people with little experience and aren't holding incredibly high and challenging standards to get hired at their company? Sounds like something that's far from being a problem.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-01-10 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Personally I'm a bit sceptical.
    So what else is new.

It's the CM team that's being restructured due to Rygarius leaving a while ago. Look up from your gloom and doom threads once in a while and smell the coffee(bird).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    So much random speculation and blame without any understanding of how the company works.

Same old WoW "community".
    Its probably because many of us have gone thru similar "restructuring" and haven't had any of the issues they continue to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Is there a lot of information missing from the patch notes? Or are people taking data mined information to heart, something which has countlessly advised against for years now?
    Earlier when I looked at my class on the Official Site it said "Some stuff was buffed." Then you have typo's freaking people out, something that was suppose to be a 15% buff/nerf is reading 45% and a whole lot of other stupid stuff. Thats just from my spec, and if thats already messed up how much else is messed up.

good maybe they can restructure some new class designers cause shit is whack

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So what else is new.

It's the CM team that's being restructured due to Rygarius leaving a while ago. Look up from your gloom and doom threads once in a while and smell the coffee(bird).
    That was what, 6+ months ago? lol.

Idk why people give Blizz so much shit. They literally do a stream where they answer questions for a few hours, and they tweet all the time. Most gaming companies give 0 fucks what the players think after the game is bought. And even the patch notes in their current state are so much better than for many other games (ever seen Dark Souls patch notes?). The only people who do a better job at communicating are the other devs in the Overwatch team imo. Also you people forget that months are nothing in a big company. I'm starting to work at a big well known company soon and it takes almost 2 months just to get all the paperwork done to hire ONE employee. Everything needs to get approved by a superior of someone, that can take forever.

Secondary stat changes is the big one.

Unless they had a change of heart with that?
    what secondary stat change? the one thats been well documented since before the ptr even went up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont read that as dev team restructuring but as the CM team. Could just be me thought
    Well yeah, he's talking about patch notes. This is nothing to do with the devs but the way the community team operates. Talk about jumping to conclusions xD
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Patch notes compilation should be top of the list...not teaching the new hires how to make coffee.....
    In your company maybe, theres a reason why blizzard itself sells billions each year and you don't. Priorities are correct. Who cares if you got your feelings hurt because you felt Blizzard didn't talk to you as much as you would have liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zer00z View Post
    I'd just like to back this up, I'm a software dev IRL and new hires aren't even productive for their first 12mo
    You must work shit people/Company.

Just because a number of dev teams suck with customer communication does not mean all are. Also in general game patch notes are not shit among the industry. Dark Souls is largely because it is Dark Souls. Keeping players in the dark to figure shit on their own is part of the theme.

It is not uncommon that devs miss things in their patch notes including Blizzard. Many times it is because the team that made the change did so at last minute without proper lead time for the one compiling the notes or a screw up in communication of which changes was actually hitting live. This time however the fingers was pointed to restructuring which raises a flag at what restructuring.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly was wrong with the Notes?

Or is this just the usual spastics looking for things to complain about because they thrive on being whingy tools?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    They don't have people typing patch notes. They have each individual in each team send a condensed version of what they've done within 7.1.5 and then send it to their leads, who then compile the whole list and sends it to a CM, who then format everything together.

The reason why the patch notes didn't come earlier is not because of incompetence but because the restructuration is probably eating all their time. Patch notes are secondary in this case.
    Is this really their process? As someone who does this sort of thing for a living, this knowledge hurts me

Stop whining. Get a job and work for a full year. Get some perspective.

No, you haven't. Unless you have worked for/currently work at Blizzard, you have not gone through a company restructure from them. Similar is not equal to the same. Companies run things differently, and unless you work for them at that level, anything else is random speculation and conjecture.

So no, my earlier statement stands.

Secondly, unless you have worked for a major brand with multiple successful AAA IPs, that not only serves as a developer, but also a publisher with a major customer service section (phone operated and internet operated direct service), of which in the computer entertainment industry there are like, perhaps a handful, than anything else is just speculation as to how they might do things internally.
    Naa nothing as fancy as that, just an Area Retails Sales Manager for a major cellular company. So I have seen my share of it over the years and why I can say I have seen restructures that weren't as fucked up nor would I announce it as an excuse to anyone. Besides your are just speculating that I don't have any experience over the years in downsizing, merging, restructuring.

Pretty much. Don't forget though, they all have incredible amounts of experience in this kind of thing, because they wrote a brief note once in school explaining how they did something, thus they are experts.
    Yup, when I sent in my expense report I just wrote, "I bought some stuff" and then I just added some random numbers and gibberish. But your totally right, just tell the playerbase to chill an wait for the official patch notes, then just right nothing or random garbage when the time comes, totally professional. But hey, joe Smoe, left in July, its his fault we can't gather the data and type it out, its not like we didn't annouce the patch was going live a week prior lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people here who doesn't know how blizzard operates yet look at their workplace and think that blizzard works the same way.

I couldn't see anything wrong with patch notes tho, mostly since everything was already published before patch notes came out
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont read that as dev team restructuring but as the CM team. Could just be me thought
    Patch notes are not rocket science. They put out two excuses today, that someone was sick, and now it's restructuring. Uh huh.

My personal theory is Celestalon is so toxic to anyone below him nobody will do it, they had to promote someone so he's forced to do it. An ego as toxic and as big as his, i wouldn't be surprised they have to make up excuses to cover for him. His team is the one who fucked up this time, too - which would turn a nasty person even nastier.

I don't care if you don't agree, it's my theory. If we had a betting pool, I'd bet on him leaving the company within a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch notes aren't anything special, they really aren't.
    Then why are you spending so much energy trying to make excuses for them not getting a simple task done?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that why everybody here thinks they could do a better job at everything and anything?
    I'm actually fully confident that several people on mmo-champion could do a better job at class design than the people currently in charge. Hell, there are certainly many people here with a tertiary level of education, and there are at least a few with game design experience. ANY of that is more than what Celestalon has. And currently you get such unbelievable, drastic errors in class design that defy all common sense that I am SURE that any of them could do a better job.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also chuckling at the person saying because a CM/Dev has no university degree, obviously he is incompetent. Because of course, none of the game developers who are almost at mythical status in the industry have anything less than a PhD *snigger*.
    Usual children thinking because they have a Bachelors in wank management they are some kind of genius.

Or of course, that because they did some work for a shitty start up making a wanking app for perverts that flopped, they know almost everything about how a multi-billion dollar company which has to worry daily about share price works in all its intricate detail.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Bill Gates/Steve Jobs used to come here in there heyday and took notes on how to make/run a successful computer company.
    A PhD is quite a bit more than just any degree, so that's a pretty dumb example. They should at least have a bachelors in SOMETHING. Believe it or not, game design is actually taught at universities. If not that, at least a bachelor in Information Systems. If you are going to be a lead designer for the largest MMO out there, damn right you better have a degree. Not only that, you better have prior game design experience. Celestalon has NEITHER and it shows.

Yes, you can succeed without tertiary education. That is FAR LESS LIKELY than success WITH tertiary education and don't even try to sugar coat that. We rolled the dice with Celestalon and lost.

[QUOTE=styil;44109420]https://twitter.com/devolore/status/818592380022423553future patch notes will be "MUCH better".QUOTE]

it has only been 12 years of patch notes, i am sure they can get the quality up eventually.