Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrypticSoul View Post
    Her speech was one of elitist snobbery looking down on middle America.

Being a famous actor/athlete/personality does not make you a political scholar; you don't get bonus points to your argument because you can fake cry when needed.
    But it's enough to become the president of the USA.

Being a famous actor/athlete/personality does not make you a political scholar; you don't get bonus points to your argument because you can fake cry when needed.

Barely? He stole Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania ffs.

This election wasn't even close.
    You are right, being a famous actor/personality does not make you a political scholar, judging by Donalds inability to even remember what Republican doctrine is.

And you are right, the election wasn't even close, 3 million more votes to Hillary, and lots of electoral points going to the Runner up President elect.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account

Being a famous actor/athlete/personality does not make you a political scholar.
    How do you respond to this? Like okay celebrity credentials dont count but educated scholarship does? When the fuck did that happen? Your telling me youd listen to some.ivory tower liberal intellectual?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Celebrity idolatry in America is a borderline mental illness.

Bottom line, a celebrity is no more qualified to speak about politics than the average person. Probably even less so due to their life of privilege

lol he won the EC by a collective less than 100k votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Bottom line, a celebrity is no more qualified to speak about politics than the average person. Probably even less so due to their life of privilege
    In your opinion then what would make someone more qualified to speak about politics? Education? Experience? Plenty of folks with those gave unfavorable opinions about trump.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Did you even watch the speech? it had nothing to do with "looking down on middle america"

As for "barely" it was what 80k votes in 3 states that won him the EC, yes that is barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

I have to agree. It is borderline mental illness. There seems to be two types of people in America when it comes to celebrities. The first worships them--and they are very uncommon--being mostly teens and young adults. The second absolutely despises them. Ironically they commonly immediately just jump to your second paragraph.

So many people here are talking about the holier than thou attitude despite jumping to the conclusion that celebrities, athletes, etc. are all idiots..

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So no one should have an opinion or stand up for something? Should that only be left to special political people alone?
    No, you misunderstand.
    Everyone should state sheggaro's opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, you misunderstand.
    Everyone should state sheggaro's opinion.
    Oooh I get it now.
    "I'm sheggaro, everyone else is wrong but me and you should listen to me and no one else"

Now I understand, this is easy
    #boycottchina

Love this exchange between Meghan McCain and Billy Eichner. Gotta say I agree with Meghan wholeheartedly on this. never heard of Billy Eichner, but he sounds like a dick.

http://time.com/4628982/billy-eichne...n-globes-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Despite him doing as such being recorded on video. Right.
    You left out the rest of what I said.
    This is the way Trump mocks people.
    It had nothing to do with a disability.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    And Trump should stick to what he's good at. Being squeezed out of a rich woman's vagina.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd really have to be lost up your partisan asshole to believe that.

Or you didn't listen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

just some washed up old bitch pretending to stand for something before she has her maids make her dinner at 8.50 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    just some washed up old bitch pretending to stand for something before she has her maids make her dinner at 8.50 an hour.
    What does using such derogatory words for someone that was basically talking about kindness, positive things, do for you? Because the way I see it, you just proved her words correct, you are putting out negativity into the world, while she is asking for us all to be a little kinder and more thoughtful to others.

That look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in your colon
    Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then give a hickey to Meryl Streep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I think it's commendable that they use their platform to speak their mind believing that it will do good.

But I think it's stupid how much weight people attribute to the opinions of rich actors living in a bubble. They should speak their mind, they should also have their opinion scrutinized like everyone else fronting political views in the public arena.
    Considering the leftist propaganda gave them such high numbers in California, yeah thats the reason they do it.
    A few months before election there was no tv show, public ceremony or concert that didn't set aside a few minutes to throw shit at trump. Thats how you get the "majority vote".

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    So she is not a citizen then? She is not right to express her opinion? And dont give that crap about she should not do that at an award ceremony. Ofcourse she and anyone that wants and can do it should be allowed to. Otherwise you could start by remove the legal bribery you have in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Stick to acting, I don't need the Hollywood elite with more money than most preaching to me about politics. They are so far out of touch with the common person it's comical when they try to speak to the masses. Poor victimized actors lumping themselves with the media, foreigner and the press. Cry me a river Meryl.

Hahahaha the irony, you do know that Trump is richer(or so he says) then most actors/actresses And somehow people think they cannot trust the "Hollywood elite" But Trump really understand the struggles of the common man.

ilulz for realz

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Here's a transcript of the speech -- Can you point out where she was saying how to run the country?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Maybe you think the press doesn't need protection from a certain someone who said he was going to "open up libel laws" if anyone said anything bad against him is changing the country?
    internet, you take this so literally. ok fine, maybe she didnt specifically say how to run the country, but the implication is there. People where im from are so tired of hearing some rich person ACTING like they know what our lives are like in the middle. thats how Trump got in. Blame hollywood, blame maryl streep.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    The only important thing to take away from this is that the president reacts in the exact same way I would expect a 12 year old to do.