Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meken View Post
    Am I crazy, or is there still no detailed notes for "The damage done by most Balance spells has been increased."?
    4%. Thats all you need to know

Balance
    The damage done by most Balance spells has been increased by 4%.
    Echoing Stars (Artifact Trait) damage increased by 20%.
    Fury of Elune damage increased by 17%.
    Mastery: Starlight now increases Empowerment effects by 18% (was 16%), and per-Mastery amount increased accordingly.
    Rapid Innervation now gives 10% haste (was 20%).
    Shooting Stars damage increased by 31%.
    Soul of the Forest now increases Empowerments by 20% (was 15%) and reduces Starfall cost by 20 (was 10).
    Stellar Drift increases Starfall damage by 60% (was 20%).
    Stellar Flare cost reduced to 10 astral power (was 15), direct damage increased by 25% and damage over time increased by 23%.
    Warrior of Elune now affect 3 Lunar Strikes (was 2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now, that's 600ish more damage/ tick for Echoing Stars.
    We're good for AoE finally!
    M+ feel my wrath!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Well now, that's 600ish more damage/ tick for Echoing Stars.
    We're good for AoE finally!
    M+ feel my wrath!!!!!
    and the mastery buffs, starfall damage, and the shooting stars damage. (cos you gotta spec full aoe now. SS/SD, who knows, you mgiht even pick WoE once in a while)

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    and the mastery buffs, starfall damage, and the shooting stars damage. (cos you gotta spec full aoe now. SS/SD, who knows, you mgiht even pick WoE once in a while)
    What you using for monitoring dots on targets in PvP ? Im not sure if this default blizz UI fucksup and stop showing dots overtime or people are dispelled so fast. And did they revert TAB targeting mechanic in that patch?

most other classes got buffed more,
    in the "most of your spells/abilities do increased dmg",
    like for example:
    Dhunters
    havoc 10%.
    vengeance 9%.

hunters
    Beast Mastery 9%.
    Survival 12%.

mages
    fire 27%.
    Arcane 12%.
    frost 12%.

monk
    windwalker 8%

paladin
    retribution 12%

priest
    shadow 25%

rogues
    assasination 7%
    outlaw 16%
    subtlety 9%

shamans
    enhancement 16%

warrior
    arms 5%
    fury 5%

Blizzard people really think warriors and rogues need those buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post

When you keep the other changes to the specs in mind, no, they didn't get buffed more. In fact, most specs shouldn't be doing significantly more or less damage than 7.1.

in the "most of your spells/abilities do increased dmg",
    like for example:
    Dhunters
    havoc 10%.
    vengeance 9%.

hunters
    Beast Mastery 9%.
    Survival 12%.

mages
    fire 27%.
    Arcane 12%.
    frost 12%.

monk
    windwalker 8%

paladin
    retribution 12%

priest
    shadow 25%

rogues
    assasination 7%
    outlaw 16%
    subtlety 9%

shamans
    enhancement 16%

warrior
    arms 5%
    fury 5%

Its easy to complain when all you do is look at buffs and not nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Its easy to complain when all you do is look at buffs and not nerfs
    I dont think I was complaining.
    I find it interesting that for example firemages get 27%, and spriests 25%, even with their abilities/talents nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    What you using for monitoring dots on targets in PvP ? Im not sure if this default blizz UI fucksup and stop showing dots overtime or people are dispelled so fast. And did they revert TAB targeting mechanic in that patch?
    just elvui with nameplates showing buffs. plenty of ways to remove buff right now, using dying stars talent a lot.

I dont think I was complaining.
    I find it interesting that for example firemages get 27%, and spriests 25%, even with their abilities/talents nerfs.
    How is it interesting? Did you see their nerfs?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you make it seem like getting into m+ groups is hard.
    it is unless you are going with guild group. in pug people will go with a 885 mage any day of the week over your 899 balance. it is my personal experience.

and you throwing out the 899 53 bis lengendaries, supposed to impress me?

what cc do we have? a 1 min cool down interrupt, don't tell me it silences when 95% of the mobs are immune to silence. i would gladly take counterspell over solar beam. when blance can't even do the gold challenge due to the interrupt, devs don't see the problem? and you are justifying their action?

ele shaman, warlock, spriest all have 30s ranged aoe stun, what do we have? 50 sec melee range single target stun! yes, mage don't have stun, but they have dragon breath baseline which serves as a hard interrupt that works similarly as typhoon, yet there are mobs immune to typhoon but not to dragon breath, and not to mention typhoon doesn't trigger the ring. we have nothing to trigger the ring except mass entanglement.Then again, i would't complain if we have a living bomb like skill that does 4 mil burst aoe dps.

it's ok for ion to claim specs have different strengths and weakness, but what that fool doesn't realize is, we don't fucking have strength. and players like you in the top does nothing to voice the concerns other than indulging the devs and bashing the common boomkin player when every bit of their complain is valid. the mentality is pathetic at best.
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-01-10 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    it is unless you are going with guild group. in pug people will go with a 885 mage any day of the week over your 899 balance. it is my personal experience.
    and you throwing out the 889 53 bis lengendaries, supposed to impress me? i have 891 equipped, 54, and ring and wrist, yet everything feels problematic to me.

what cc do we have? a 1 min cool down interrupt, don't tell me it silences when 95% of the mobs are immune to silence. i would gladly take counterspell over solar beam. when blance can't even do the gold challenge due to the interrupt, devs don't see the problem? and you are justifying their action?

ele shaman, warlock, spriest all have 30s ranged aoe stun, what do we have? 50 sec melee range single target stun! yes, mage don't have stun, but they have dragon breath baseline which serves as a hard interrupt that works similarly as typhoon, yet there are mobs immune to typhoon but not to dragon breath, and not to mention typhoon doesn't trigger the ring. we have nothing to trigger the ring except mass entanglement.Then again, i would't complain if we have a living bomb like skill that does 4 mil burst aoe dps.

it's ok for ion to claim specs have different strengths and weakness, but what that fool doesn't realize is, we don't fucking have strength. and players like you in the top does nothing to voice the concerns other than indulging the devs and bashing the common boomkin player when every bit of their complain is valid. the mentality is pathetic at best.
    There is no point in even talking to people like you who try to convince others that boomkins have no strength and are the worst class in the game.

Also, using proving ground as proof that a class is bad in 2017 LUL. We do have something to trigger the ring, we have solar beam. Do you even read patch notes? Complaining about mythic+, something people do casual and in no way should have any balancing towards it. It is like saying boomkins are bad in pvp so they need buffs in pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    Agreed. I haven't seen anything asides from negativeness, or acting like a smartass to other people complaining (Not that some of his points are wrong) but yeah this is really sad. Instead of trying to analyze what's right and what's wrong with the spec you can see him posting all of this "just see the buffs and ignore the debuffs" ironically and not only.

After all, he is secure behind his team and he is at 899 with full paragon, all 3 bis legendaries, so he can talk down all he wants to. Quality posting I guess.

OT: I think some more AoE Buffing could make up any sort of legendary (or useless -for now- spell buffs) nerfs. Let's give it some time and see how the patch will hit tonight.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no point in even talking to people like you who try to convince others that boomkins have no strength and are the worst class in the game.

Also, using proving ground as proof that a class is bad in 2017 LUL. We do have something to trigger the ring, we have solar beam. Do you even read patch notes? Complaining about mythic+, something people do casual and in no way should have any balancing towards it. It is like saying boomkins are bad in pvp so they need buffs in pve.
    can you even read? you have a 1 min solar beam that trigger the ring when others have triggered it twice, how great, no problem at all. M+ is a major part and selling point of the expansion, when lots of bis items comes from m+ and ap grind and legendary grind are most done in m+, and you are saying no balancing should be focus on m+?

even that were true(which can't be further apart form reality), what strength do we have in raiding? is it multi dotting? is it burst aoe? is it single target? name one

why don't you just admit you are clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    just elvui with nameplates showing buffs. plenty of ways to remove buff right now, using dying stars talent a lot.
    Elvui have probably own... Tried Moonkin pvp and it felt awfuly gcd locked with constant dot remove->apply, so i wondered if its design or broken name plates.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    When you keep the other changes to the specs in mind, no, they didn't get buffed more. In fact, most specs shouldn't be doing significantly more or less damage than 7.1.
    which means we will still be in deep shit, and that's ok with you i guess?

Deleted
    All specs got the aura buff to counteract the secondary stat "squish". That shouldn't really matter.

What I am wondering about and haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the buffs to our alternative talent setups. I am quite new to boomkin and still not 100% sure about my reroll, but from what I have read in the Boomkin "compendium" - Fury of Elune was already very competitive, and now it is getting buffed. Considering the many cleave/add encounters in NH, isn't that ever more appealing?

And Stellar flare? Solid buff and the environment to use it.

It all seems great to me, but maybe I am missing something. Pls enlighten me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking Stellar Flare= minus 15 sec of incarnation and the haste that comes with them...

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Picking Stellar Flare= minus 15 sec of incarnation and the haste that comes with them...
    M&S also gives 3% haste for CA instead of 1% for Inc. It's worse burst, but you make up for that with better sustained supposedly.