Thread: Our tier nerfed

Wink Our tier nerfed

Apparently we were too good on ptr so our tier 4 piece bonus just got nerfed from 10 rp down to 8. Meanwhile, ret's got buffed even more. ROFL! Okay blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    Apparently we were too good on ptr so our tier 4 piece bonus just got nerfed from 10 rp down to 8. Meanwhile, ret's got buffed even more. ROFL! Okay blizzard.
    Gotta get people to play holy colossus smash drudgery somehow. I mained a paladin since vanilla, and I just can't deal with another year+ of feeling like my sword is made of Nerf outside of a brief window. Inquis was bad, Judgement-Smash is worse. Almost as bad as vanilla ret.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

I'm not hating on Ret or anything but with how strong they are among other melee classes (purely from a damage aspect) I am pretty surprised at the buffs they get.

That said our tier adjustment isn't a huge deal.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I'm not hating on Ret or anything but with how strong they are among other melee classes (purely from a damage aspect) I am pretty surprised at the buffs they get.

I don't play ret but we have one in our guild, if you learn to play it above average, they are extremely strong.

They are definitely underrated.

They do have a large problem though, they have extremely strong legendaries which cause you to need those legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

You can blame the guy that made the sims saying who had strong set bonus'. Frost DK wasn't as powerful as others but it was strong, I don't agree with the nerf but I understand why it was due to the value it gave with BoS

Deleted
    I doubt frosties will even notice the nerf...unless they're bos...and possibly not even then

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    You can blame the guy that made the sims saying who had strong set bonus'. Frost DK wasn't as powerful as others but it was strong, I don't agree with the nerf but I understand why it was due to the value it gave with BoS
    If it was nerfed because it made BoS too strong, then nerf some of the BoS talents a bit, not the set bonus that is used by other builds.

And even if it isn't a big nerf at all and we won't notice it, that isn't the point. The point is they take a spec that isn't that strong, a set bonus that compared to others isn't that strong, nerf it and then proceed to buff a spec that is not just already stronger than us but also have better set bonuses.

I wish some of you wouldn't keep accepting this crap, this blatant favoritism to certain specs while its clear that they hate death knights and/or don't care about them.

You seem to have absolutely no idea on how tiny the impact of that change actually is...
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    You seem to have absolutely no idea on how tiny the impact of that change actually is...
    You apparently didn't read the entirety of my post. The point isn't that it got over nerfed but that it got nerfed at all. Especially when other classes who are already stronger, with stronger bonuses got buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    If the impact is so tiny what is the point in nerfing it in the first place? Frost Dk's won't be topping any meters in Nighthold. Why change something that will only result in a DPS, although minor, decrease.

I'm not sure what is going on with Blizzard design Philosophy around Frost DK's. The under perform because they scale badly. So they buff them for the next tier. Then they start over performing. So they nerf them so they perform average, but because they scale so poorly they end the tier under performing so they buff them for the next tier and so on.

It's completely asinine. You just need to look at the crap they pulled with Frost Dk's in HFC to see how pathetically incompetent blizzard are. That made me really mad and I haven't touched frost in 4 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post

I don't play Ret but it's not really a buff they are getting.

Greater Blessing of Might is being removed if I remember correctly and that currently makes up about 10% of their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Greater Blessing of Might is being removed if I remember correctly and that currently makes up about 10% of their damage.
    Well there was the 12% aura increase while most melee specs got definitely less and with the legendary it might still be a slight buff.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-07 at 01:13 PM.

I received an 890 memento of angerboda in a maw of souls last night. It's pretty obvious what is going on here, Blizzard is trying to buy me off. But I shant be silenced!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    If the impact is so tiny what is the point in nerfing it in the first place? Frost Dk's won't be topping any meters in Nighthold. Why change something that will only result in a DPS, although minor, decrease.
    The frost set bonuses simply were too strong compared to most other bonuses. The set items usually give 5-8% dps, frost however got 11% from the set bonuses.
    So even with the slight nerf the bonuses are still better than for most other classes.

is frost still looking better than unholy though? unholy is especially annoying in mythic+ since no tank is gonna stop every time to let you dps in your dnd.

If it was nerfed because it made BoS too strong, then nerf some of the BoS talents a bit, not the set bonus that is used by other builds.

And even if it isn't a big nerf at all and we won't notice it, that isn't the point. The point is they take a spec that isn't that strong, a set bonus that compared to others isn't that strong, nerf it and then proceed to buff a spec that is not just already stronger than us but also have better set bonuses.

I wish some of you wouldn't keep accepting this crap, this blatant favoritism to certain specs while its clear that they hate death knights and/or don't care about them.
    Lmao DKs have been decent in every patch since 3.0. In wrath they had ups and downs but they were great the whole expac. But the main things they have been fun since release... So yeah. Ret has been retardly OP at times, but it has been really really fucking boring a lot to. I hated playing ret in cata. Inquis wasn't much better in MoP. And now JudgmentSmash ret is just shit to play. Sure it can do huge numbers, and it has Cashbringer. But fuck it sucks the big one to play. And it was so good in WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspatula View Post
    is frost still looking better than unholy though? unholy is especially annoying in mythic+ since no tank is gonna stop every time to let you dps in your dnd.
    Frost is strictly better in M+ if you aren't frost in M+ you are doing it wrong. M+ is one of those things where you bring the player not the spec, the player is gonna do what it takes to be better. You need a good comp to get past higher keystones. Frost can fit in any of them. Blood can fit in any of them. Some classes are sort of pidgeonholed into one role in M+

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well there was the 12% aura increase while most melee specs got definitely less and with the legendary it might still be a slight buff.
    I´ve seen people complaining about the 12% ret buff about 100 times now, but really people should stop posting about classes that they dont have a clue about. Rets lost 10-12% dmg from the removal of Blessing of Might. The dmg buff is only there to counter the ability loss.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    I´ve seen people complaining about the 12% ret buff about 100 times now, but really people should stop posting about classes that they dont have a clue about. Rets lost 10-12% dmg from the removal of Blessing of Might. The dmg buff is only there to counter the ability loss.
    No idea what you want. I stated it might work out as a slight buff in the end with the new legendary and possibly convergence of fate - given that I very rarely see 10% or above from bom I don't think that's unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Rets lost 10-12% dmg from the removal of Blessing of Might. The dmg buff is only there to counter the ability loss.
    Looking at the ToV/EN logs of our Ret pala it's more like 9-10%. Not sure if they also got some Leg nerfes...
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Deleted
    I know that majority is not that old, but...

Im gonna be complete honest with you.

You have been checking realmpop.com etc. right? Youve seen the most played classes? Thats paladins.

Obviously, they don't want to piss off thier biggest crowd.

With that said, i rather enjoy beating a ret on the meters, than playing ret and beating everyone.