Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    This happened to me this week.

I had a 3 man premade group in my party running Utgarde Keep. Nobody said anything the whole run (usual leveling run without wipes) and right before the last boss they started votekicking the other random rogue we had.

Well, even with me voting no to that their 3 votes is enough for kicking him and after he was out they votekicked me and proceeded to kill the boss with 3 people.

So, me and the other random guy lost 20 minutes of our time running the dungeon and not get reward at the end without being able to do anything against it?

This also happened today to one of my guild mates and I got curious if this is a more widespread issue than people realize.

I opened a support ticket asking what Blizzard's stance to this situation is and got this response:

Seems they don't care at all what happens with the system and nobody will be punished by abusing it.
    You're full of shit. A 3-man premade needs the 4th person's vote to kick anybody to prevent this kind of abuse.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're full of shit. A 3-man premade needs the 4th person's vote to kick anybody to prevent this kind of abuse.
    Where do you people get this idea? It's like you've never run any dungeons. Plenty of us have seen vote kicks go up, vote no, then have the affected player get kicked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Where do you people get this idea? It's like you've never run any dungeons. Plenty of us have seen vote kicks go up, vote no, then have the affected player get kicked anyway.
    I vote no about 99.5% of the time and they still get kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't there a minute cooldown between voting for kicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    It takes majority vote to kick somebody

BUT

If it's a premade, people in the premade count as one vote if they vote unanimously.

If it's a random group, 3 votes to kick somebody.

Premade? Takes all votes.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    It takes majority vote to kick somebody

BUT

If it's a premade, people in the premade count as one vote if they vote unanimously.

If it's a random group, 3 votes to kick somebody.

Premade? Takes all votes.
    Where is your proof/source of this? Because it obviously goes against what me and others have experienced in-game. While we can never be 100% sure if a group is premade or not, it's pretty damn likely when 3 players are from the same guild.

Deleted
    Well this happens sometimes, some people on the Internet are douchebags. This is generally why I try to avoid joining "half-guild groups" in the finder - they normally ninja/screw you for loot.

But I doubt this is very widespread - and since you were doing leveling content I can't really understand why anyone would do this - loot is not important, the speed of the dungeons matters more (so it's good to keep the group intact, things die faster).

It sucks - but hey ho, move on and get a next group.. life is short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me last week. Kicked before last boss in a lv 45 dungeon.

I've had this happen to me too. Healing on an alt one of the troll dungeons in Cata (they took very, very long especially for non-raiders), kicked before last boss. They said "sorry friend needs this boss" and immediately kicked me. It was infuriating cause I carried those scrubs and saved them from many wipes.

The solution has always been extremely clear to me: allow premades to have ONE VOTE. If it is 3 people, average their vote and make it count as 1.

The only situation this would be a problem in is for 4-man premades as they would be unable to kick the 5th person. Tough luck. Moreso, this would allow groups to kick toxic premades, up to 3-mans.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2017-01-10 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've had this happen to me too. Healing on an alt one of the troll dungeons in Cata (they took very, very long especially for non-raiders), kicked before last boss. They said "sorry friend needs this boss" and immediately kicked me. It was infuriating cause I carried those scrubs and saved them from many wipes.
    Boy would they have been disappointed when they couldn't invite their mate :P LFD does not allow you to invite specific players

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The solution has always been extremely clear to me: allow premades to have ONE VOTE. If it is 3 people, average their vote and make it count as 1.

The only situation this would be a problem in is for 4-man premades as they would be unable to kick the 5th person. Tough luck. Moreso, this would allow groups to kick toxic premades, up to 3-mans.
    Despite what others in the topic have been saying, I always believed this was the case. 3-man premade requires the 4th person to kick. If the party is all random, it takes 3. Of course, I have no source for this, but I do seem to recall failing a vote kick in a 3-man premade before.

Deleted
    Frustrating yes.. Never saw it like this before but
    I was kicked for doing only 200k dps in a heroic on my toon
    I was kicked on my main Holy pala for doing dps instead of doing my job "you need to heal, not do dmg"
    I was kicked b/c I didn't want to wait for an 5 min offline player as tank in a heroic
    I was kicked b/c I asked the group to do the AlchemyQs in VotW

Some people are just jerks : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    You get the dice buff that gives extra hp and dmg but that's about it. Who cares about that when running low level dungeons when stuff dies in 20 seconds anyways?
    Thought it gave more, I don't tend to notice.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I was recently kicked from a group when we were doing great on time, my health never went below 35%, and I never failed to pick up any adds. I wonder if this is what happened to me. I was shocked since no one said anything and it seemed to me like everything was smooth sailing. Healer's mana was never low and everything. Kicking the tank never seems like a good idea though. It was strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Here's what you do when in a group with a trio of toxic guild buddies - you vote to kick one of them and in the reason you type 'This (insert your class here) sucks..'

They immediately hit yes and vote kick one of their own people, then you laugh at them and say later losers and the other two leave group, embarrassed at being aholes AND idiots.

this works for me like 90% of the time or more.

Feelsgoodbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I was recently kicked from a group when we were doing great on time, my health never went below 35%, and I never failed to pick up any adds. I wonder if this is what happened to me. I was shocked since no one said anything and it seemed to me like everything was smooth sailing. Healer's mana was never low and everything. Kicking the tank never seems like a good idea though. It was strange.
    Could happen in some groups if you start pulling unnecessary trash. I personally don't mind this too much and vote 'no' when I see it happen.

Btw:
    3 man premade: vote kick someone outside your premade requires 4 votes
    4 man premade: successful vote kick on the 5th person incurs a long vote kick cooldown time.
    5 man premade: No vote kicks, party leader can remove anyone (and change loot rules).

Play with friends or pug at your own risks.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Btw:
    3 man premade: vote kick someone outside your premade requires 4 votes
    4 man premade: successful vote kick on the 5th person incurs a long vote kick cooldown time.
    5 man premade: No vote kicks, party leader can remove anyone (and change loot rules).
    Again I'm gonna ask for proof of this.

If anyone knows of an add-on that can warn that a group is premade (by looking at buffs or guild tags) that would be nice. I know it's very, very, super duper easy to do that yourself, but I often forget until things go bad. Usually I have no problems in max-level dungeons only leveling ones.

people with no clue as to what is gained by kicking someone else right before the last boss have ZERO irl winning mats

Deleted
    wowhead(dot)com/news=182937.4/upcoming-changes-to-dungeon-finder-and-vote-kick

Proof for the changes to the vote kick system. But remember: if you queue for a second dungeon you will count as 5 people pre-made and can be removed by using the uninvite button
    So yes: the story is not true