Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    clueness. LOL. Tell me why METHOD wins Blizzcon 2016?

- - - Updated - - -

clueness. LOL. Tell me why METHOD wins Blizzcon 2016?
    it's the pvp team of method , not the actual pve raiding team.
    99% of the best pvpers in the game don't step foot in raids , i know cuz i'm one of them.
    So next time you start spreading lies when you have no clue do some research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Too dumb. PVE is basis of PVP. Even Warcraft 3 and dota have tons of PVE contents.

PVP is the destination of PVE. All good PVP players are PVEers
    Its the other way around all good pvers are pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Comparing something relatively easy (but very time consuming) such farming M+ to high arena rating... Yeah...
    You are not forced dear PVP'ers to finish heroic/mythic raid to enter arenas/battlegrounds so please stop using 'earn X in 3V3 to enter Nighthold' argument.
    You didn't get the point, so I will rephrase it for you:

Go and spend as much time in BGs in order to enter Nighthold as it takes a PVPer to get from artifact power 34 to 54. If you don't want to do that, call yourself a "whiny entitled bastard who is too lazy to put in the effort and wants everything on a silver platter".

Quote Originally Posted by tasos10 View Post
    99% of the best pvpers in the game don't step foot in raids , i know cuz i'm one of them.
    lege re taso kapsoura

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tasos10 View Post
    Wrong. 90% of the Gladiators on my server also raid Mythic.

Deleted
    I used to support Legion PvP. Then came the season rewards fiasco, and I stopped playing. I was looking to maybe come back with 7.1.5, but I just read this change. How can the devs at Blizzard be so out of touch with their game? How can a change as retarded as this go through?

I'm just out of words. This thread expresses really well what the PVP community is thinking: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofpvp/...nts_and_above/

People seem to be mistaking an advantage for progressing one character over alts etc as a barrier to entry.

54 traits isnt nessecairy for either pve or pvp but it does give an advantage, its no more agregious in pvp than it is pve.

I think this change would have been totally fine if there was some warning given, the short notice for this if anything is the larger problem.

Worth noting that 35 traits and up can be obtained in almost a week from worldquests alone at this point, especially with AK catchup to 20 being buyable for alts. Lets be real, not many people really enjoy world questing, straight up refusing to do them because you dislike the idea of doing some very minor max level non pvp content is beyond idiotic.

There are two pretty large underlying design decisions that have been consistent throughout the expansion so far, some even stated by designers at one point or another but cba to find the exact quotes.

Alts aren't meant to be as powerful as your main
    Do everything if you want your character to be as strong as possible

Personally as someone that isn't a serial fotm reroller I don't really see the issue with this, while ilvl did make a difference in pvp the ilvl treadmill came to a pretty early and abrupt end and further progression isn't necessarily a bad thing. Which all in all is why my only problem with the change is that it's been sprung out of the blue and while consistent with the design of legion as a whole does go against earlier developer quotes in regards to specifically pvp.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2017-01-10 at 11:38 AM.
    Feral Meme machine

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's the whole reason you posted - to point out that I am complaining too much?
    No actually it was to point out the flaw in your argument, a flaw that should be obvious to you because the solution is implicit in what you wrote. It's in the line I started with: "do the stuff you like doing and don't do the stuff you don't like doing".

The rest is me just trying to help you realise why you're making yourself upset. You choose how you want to take that.

It seems to me you're fixating too much on some theoretical idea of how quickly you can obtain AP by doing different things as some holy grail which proves the new change is bad. I am saying go out and do the stuff you like doing, see how you progress and then make a rational assessment, instead of simply assuming that you're screwed now if you don't do M+

Even if focusing purely on M+ does return more AP per hour than say focusing on RBG and rated arena (which is already a questionable assertion when you start to take real world considerations into account) I am not convinced that it's by sufficient margin to justify the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I rather get an AP token every honor level instead of alternating with 200 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

No, stamina is up to 34, 35-54 is 5%-15% damage or healing or 10%-29% armor scaling upwards
    Stamina goes up from 35-54 as well, even though it's specifically stated that it isn't supposed to. Surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No actually it was to point out the flaw in your argument, a flaw that should be obvious to you because the solution is implicit in what you wrote. It's in the line I started with: "do the stuff you like doing and don't do the stuff you don't like doing".

The rest is me just trying to help you realise why you're making yourself upset. You choose how you want to take that.

It seems to me you're fixating too much on some theoretical idea of how quickly you can obtain AP by doing different things as some holy grail which proves the new change is bad. I am saying go out and do the stuff you like doing, see how you progress and then make a rational assessment, instead of simply assuming that you're screwed now if you don't do M+

Even if focusing purely on M+ does return more AP per hour than say focusing on RBG and rated arena (which is already a questionable assertion when you start to take real world considerations into account) I am not convinced that it's by sufficient margin to justify the fuss.
    I kind of understand that "the solution" with your criteria is to stop doing PVP. The whole thread kind of understands that, that's why people are angry.

Your last two paragraphs are beside the point. The important things are:

(1) at what level the artifact of my chars and chars of other PVPers are now - it's 34 for me and for tons of PVPing top, including PVPing streamers, you can ask others in the thread as well (added to make it crystal clear: it's 34 BECAUSE Blizzard said "you don't need more than 34" and so we've been putting AP into offspecs for PVE / soloing), and

(2) how long does it take to get to 54 which is the new cap - it's months.

The end. The change makes me spend months to catch up in stats to raiders. On each char. In the FUCKING PVP, which is bread and butter to me and just a side attraction to them. Gee, thanks, Blizz.

I am not sure what's so hot about pretending that you have some kind of an answer to the universe when it boils down to trivial crap and useless uninformed suggestions. "I am not convinced bla bla bla" - who cares about what you are convinced regarding? Really. If you have something useful to say, say it. If all you have is idiotic abstract pontification, get out.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-01-10 at 11:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    Its the other way around all good pvers are pvpers
    Yes. Especially for AV/WPVP

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure how I feel about this yet, I'll have to try things out in game.

It's bother-some because I had no idea this was going to be happening...was it in the patch notes?
    -I've been putting AP into my warriors off spec since I've been at 35 and only use arms for PvP.

Damage has already been pretty crazy so far this xpac, feel like this might take things to a new level of broken.
    -Although healing specs getting their 35+ trait may counter-act this.

This doesn't hurt alts too much (imo) because they're adding the AK catch up this patch which we can just jump to lvl 20 on alts.
    -however is it very clear they want everyone to have to constantly pursue AP, even pvpers

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm in an large AV guild. It is also a mythic raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I'm not quite sure how I feel about this yet, I'll have to try things out in game.

It's bother-some because I had no idea this was going to be happening...was it in the patch notes?
    -I've been putting AP into my warriors off spec since I've been at 35 and only use arms for PvP.

Damage has already been pretty crazy so far this xpac, feel like this might take things to a new level of broken.
    -Although healing specs getting their 35+ trait may counter-act this.

This doesn't hurt alts too much (imo) because they're adding the AK catch up this patch which we can just jump to lvl 20 on alts.
    -however is it very clear they want everyone to have to constantly pursue AP, even pvpers
    Valid concerns however i think its worth noting that level 35 is approx 6.8m ap iirc (might be slightly off but its around there)
    Assuming you get both offspecs to 35, you are only about 4 traits, or 2% behind on your main weapon to where you would otherwise be which is pretty minor tbh.

Basically if offspecs are the reason your behind then you would be pretty far behind everyone else that went hard in one weapon to grind ap anyway.
    Feral Meme machine

7+ Year Old Account
    AP grinding is LEVELING. And it isn't PVE.

ROFLMAO

Balanced. Finely tuned. And much more even.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Valid concerns however i think its worth noting that level 35 is approx 6.8m ap iirc (might be slightly off but its around there)
    Assuming you get both offspecs to 35, you are only about 4 traits, or 2% behind on your main weapon to where you would otherwise be which is pretty minor tbh.

Basically if offspecs are the reason your behind then you would be pretty far behind everyone else that went hard in one weapon to grind ap anyway.
    Yes I am aware it's not too HUGE of a difference yet, and I do have fun tanking as prot so it's not a waste putting points into that tree, in my eyes.

However because I enjoy 3s and my team pushes weekly it would've been nice to have a heads up, I would've definitely spent more time getting AP rather than doing xmog runs or generally dicking around (for lack of a better term) in game the past few weeks.

I'm not really complaining or too concerned, just mentioning would've been nice to have a heads up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    How dare people who put more time into their specs get an advantage over me! I pay the same price they pay, everyone should be exactly equal in terms of progress! This is an outrage! How dare they get an advantage for spending more time on me on PvE! I'm not able to do that because of personal reasons! That means they shouldn't be able to get an advantage! PvE shouldn't influence PvP! I'm upset about this because I don't spend as much time on this game as someone else!
    your just one of those internet trolls?? really? if not your just an ignorant little brat plz really stream when you are trying to get 2400+ PLEASE id pay to see that happening! then come and tell us about mindless mobs chasing you around ..... now go to your father and tell him to buy you more hearthstone cards ..... uum excuse me i meant wow game time .... and get the fuck out of the forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Yes I am aware it's not too HUGE of a difference yet, and I do have fun tanking as prot so it's not a waste putting points into that tree, in my eyes.

However because I enjoy 3s and my team pushes weekly it would've been nice to have a heads up, I would've definitely spent more time getting AP rather than doing xmog runs or generally dicking around (for lack of a better term) in game the past few weeks.

I'm not really complaining or too concerned, just mentioning would've been nice to have a heads up.
    Absolutley agree, i'm pretty neutral about it, admittedly i'm not a huge pvper and haven't really done arenas since mop but I think further character progression isn't a bad thing, but for the more serious pvpers out there I think the overbearing issue is the lack of time given to respond to such a large change.
    Feral Meme machine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Absolutley agree, i'm pretty neutral about it, admittedly i'm not a huge pvper and haven't really done arenas since mop but I think further character progression isn't a bad thing, but for the more serious pvpers out there I think the overbearing issue is the lack of time given to respond to such a large change.
    Yeah and I'm pretty sure once I get up to 40+, AND with the warrior damage buffs, I may just start 2 shotting people. Lolz