Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All out DPS specs buffed except marks?

Did not exactly go through them all to check, but for the lot that I did, it seems all or most DPS specs got a general buff to their abilities.

But Marksmanship did not? What does this say about us? Will we be at where we were previously? High on Spread Cleave, low on ST?

From what I can gather we did not get any "major" buffs, mostly just making the absolute crap picks not as crap. Granted they don't say what they did buff other than "most of their spells/abilities" Still this has me thinking.

Anyone with more general knowledge on the matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Patchnotes are currently just 98% complete, so nobody can tell you anything without guessing right now.

Edit: MM was performing above SV and BM, so them having greater buffs makes sense if it's the case
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniwa View Post
    Patchnotes are currently just 98% complete, so nobody can tell you anything without guessing right now.

Edit: MM was performing above SV and BM, so them having greater buffs makes sense if it's the case

Not really talking about only the Hunter specs, literally ALL other DPS specs got a general buff from the looks of it. Just seems odd how Marks is the only one who did not get a "The damage done by most *** abilities has been increased by X%" If I am reading the notes correctly, every single DPS spec got a general buff to most of their abilities except MM. Sure the Notes are 98% completed as they say, but this would be something foolish to leave off of MM considering every other DPS spec got that in the notes.

Will this putt us behind most players considering what we did get was not all that much of a change compared to most classes getting a general wide 5-20ish% buffs to most of their abilities?
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-01-10 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    MM is in ruins for half of NH.

Deleted
    bit bullshit that fire got buffed 27% and we got nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotishdwarf View Post
    Not really because they are not getting flat buffed 27% from what they do on 7.1 they are getting hurt elsewhere.. which required the big % increase

Frost Dk didn't get % buffs to abilities either

Not defending what Blizzard is doing has done to MM tho.. luckily I play BM cause I never liked MM playstyle in Legion ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Not really talking about only the Hunter specs, literally ALL other DPS specs got a general buff from the looks of it. Just seems odd how Marks is the only one who did not get a "The damage done by most *** abilities has been increased by X%" If I am reading the notes correctly, every single DPS spec got a general buff to most of their abilities except MM. Sure the Notes are 98% completed as they say, but this would be something foolish to leave off of MM considering every other DPS spec got that in the notes.

Will this putt us behind most players considering what we did get was not all that much of a change compared to most classes getting a general wide 5-20ish% buffs to most of their abilities?
    If I remember correctly, those percentages of damage-increase equals the "ptr-aura" every class got for them selves while tuning. Meaning that 27% damage increase isn't just a pure buff. It just means some skills for the mages would have had higher percentage without that increase.

Edit: Snooty beat me to it

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, those percentages of damage-increase equals the "ptr-aura" every class got for them selves while tuning. Meaning that 27% damage increase isn't just a pure buff. It just means some skills for the mages would have had higher percentage without that increase.

Edit: Snooty beat me to it
    yes but now fire mages are better off compared to live when they were already good

10+ Year Old Account
    yes but now fire mages are better off compared to live when they were already good
    tbh, all I really see as a buff for fire is the 27%, along with the buff to the underperforming talents. And some nerfs to combustion etc. Along with losing crit compared to current live, I dont see them as very buffed. (Dont kill me if they turn out to be monsters after patch, I might of course be wrong).

They buffed fire's overall damage and nerfed the hell out of combustion, it probably won't be an overall increase, but will make them less bursty.

Deleted
    tbh, all I really see as a buff for fire is the 27%, along with the buff to the underperforming talents. And some nerfs to combustion etc. Along with losing crit compared to current live, I dont see them as very buffed. (Dont kill me if they turn out to be monsters after patch, I might of course be wrong).
    I've just been reading their forums, many saying they run a new build that does 20k more than live ST. If is the case just seems very unfair given they can also do sick AoE

A lot of the generic buffs to other classes are compensating for things. For example, Ret is getting a 12% buff that's intended to compensate for the removal of Greater Blessing of Might (8-10% of our damage) and the nerfing of our legendaries.

Wish there was some way of protecting morons from reading patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    Wish there was some way of protecting morons from reading patch notes.
    Agreed. It's staggering just how many people can see a number with no fucking clue of the context behind them, quite magical isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Did not exactly go through them all to check, but for the lot that I did, it seems all or most DPS specs got a general buff to their abilities.

But Marksmanship did not? What does this say about us? Will we be at where we were previously? High on Spread Cleave, low on ST?

From what I can gather we did not get any "major" buffs, mostly just making the absolute crap picks not as crap. Granted they don't say what they did buff other than "most of their spells/abilities" Still this has me thinking.

Anyone with more general knowledge on the matter?
    by the times they started using auras, they already had messed quite a bit with MM, the aura does not infact affect all spells, only a few. you got buffs to aimed shot, marked shot, arcane shot in there and vulnerable as far as i can tell, was being capped at 180% extra damage the closer you were to the end of the debuff (this is not on the front page thou, wonder if it was changed). Vulnerable was redone and the spec is going to play a tad different now, but from what i've seen from ppl posting around here, your ST was buffed.

i'm not an expert on MM, just what i've been reading around here, and for the most part MM folks aren't too happy with the changes, but flat out saying that all the specs were buffed and MM wasn't is quite selective reading... blizz did nerf your set bonus for 50% and you still end up with the highest gain from all the sets :P

You might want to wait a tad for the changes to be live, and everyone is testing and simming it correctly.

Edit: for spelling
    Last edited by Hatch; 2017-01-10 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    by the times they started using auras, they already had messed quite a bit with MM, the aura does not infact affect all spells, only a few. you got buffs to aimed shot, marked shot, arcane shot in there and vulnerable as far as i can tell, was being capped at 180% extra damage the closer you were to the end of the debuff (this is not on the front page thou, wonder if it was changed). Vulnerable was redone and the spec is going to play a tad different now, but from what i've seen from ppl posting around here, your ST was buffed.

i'm not an expert on MM, just what i've been reading around here, and for the most part MM folks aren't too happy with the changes, but flat out saying that all the specs were buffed and MM wasn't is quite selective reading... blizz did nerf your set bonus for 50% and you still end up with the highest gain from all the sets :P

You might want to wait a tad for the changes to be live, and everyone is testing and simming it correctly.

Edit: for spelling
    We end up with one of the lower 4 sets, according to the spreadsheet sits at 7.2%, less than most on the same token.

you got nerfed again? or was the spreadsheet wrong at the start? i remember seing a 25% at the start and then a 17.5%. Let me go check again

Edit: Yeah just checked again and MM is at 7.4%... still all the sets on that spreadsheet are around 5% to 10% increases, with a couple of outliers, they were never gonna be all equal.
    Last edited by Hatch; 2017-01-10 at 03:10 PM.

you got nerfed again? or was the spreadsheet wrong at the start? i remember seing a 25% at the start and then a 17.5%. Let me go check again
    Nerfed again, down to 15% from 50%. That's a radical change.

Deleted

Edit: Yeah just checked again and MM is at 7.4%... still all the sets on that spreadsheet are around 5% to 10% increases, with a couple of outliers, they were never gonna be all equal.
    the problem being 4 set might be so shit, we take non tier over it

Noone got "buffed". With the nerfs to secondary stats and our crit, the hunter specs are at exactly the same place or even nerfed slightly. Buffing unused talents is just getting them on par damage wise with talents we already used. So now we all have more options to do the exact same dmg we were doing before( maybe even a bit less ). There are no "buffs"