Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Also, personally I really like the new RoP - it has to be timed properly or your dps goes out the window, with 2 charges and the large size of it making it a really nice change of pace.

While the old one was terrible, I think the new one is much better than IF for PvE (more fun for me anyway).
    The new RoP? I was not around during Christmas, but RoP just got nerfed from +50% dmg to +40%, right? Or did they chance anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    I chose mirror images only one time during wod just for fun and never looked back, so i have actually no idea how they behave. Do they move if i move? If the boss is out of range, do they just stand there and do nothing? If i recall correctly they do not benefit from buffs i get right? I have no access to the game for a few hours and am curious what to expect tomorrow.
    They do move with you and function pretty well. I do not believe they benefit from your buffs, but I have not used them in Legion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    The new RoP? I was not around during Christmas, but RoP just got nerfed from +50% dmg to +40%, right? Or did they chance anything else?
    He is referring to the "new" Legion RoP, as compared to the 3 minutes standard crap we have had to endure in previous iterations.

Back on topic, i think Fire will essentially be pretty good. All its strenghts have remained, burst potential has been lowered but sustained damage out of cds has been significantly increased. Baseline AoE and cleave capabilties have been left untouched, which is kinda suprising to me...

hmm just simmed with belt and meteor+flame patch talent, gave me a 20k dps boost overall. Now i'm really confused about our rotation, do we hard cast flamestrike as part of ST now? Pyro is no longer a thing? Pls enlighten..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Now we just need to nerf Living Bomb and buff AoE from other sources - I think that spell is way to powerful in its current iteration. This could also be achieved by buffing UM to actually do dmg instead of being a wet noodle.
    No need to nerf LB; flame patch is already stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Loekes View Post
    No, multiple people report doing more dps than on live.
    Difference is you now take meteor instead of kindling.
    The new nightly 7.1.5 simcraft build gives my current char 425K > 440K
    if i take meteor it goes to 472K...

i like meteor, good that its gonna be viable again

Ill do lots of target dummy testing though.
    It's not just doing more dps than live that matters, how much better did our other specs get is the bigger question!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Wow blizz actually let the flamestrike spec go live.....their incompetence so far in Legion has been pretty astonishing to say the least.
    Except the Flame Patch buff didn't go live - their goes your compentence

If anyone wants to know how bad blizzard is at balancing just look at elemental shaman patch notes. Buffing the damage of icefury by literally FIVE and pretty much all their other spells as well. To multiply the dmg of a spell by 5 that means you were not even in the ballpark before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    It's not just doing more dps than live that matters, how much better did our other specs get is the bigger question!

- - - Updated - - -

Except the Flame Patch buff didn't go live - their goes your compentence
    Maybe you're right....just went on a dummy and did 400k+ with the flamestrike spam spec so its definitely a viable way to play although not as strong as it was on PTR. Was doing about the same or slightly more with the standard single target spec tho.

Do you hard cast your flame strike at 3.5secs?

I tried it in a Heroic daily, wow it's terrible, everything died so fast that cast time is just not cutting it. Even on bosses, it was sub par, it doesn't proc Heating up which means I still have to rely on fireballs.

Unless i'm doing something wrong, FS build seems suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Do you hard cast your flame strike at 3.5secs?

I tried it in a Heroic daily, wow it's terrible, everything died so fast that cast time is just not cutting it. Even on bosses, it was sub par, it doesn't proc Heating up which means I still have to rely on fireballs.

Unless i'm doing something wrong, FS build seems suspect.
    Well to be fair flame patch won't do a lot when stuff dies quick.....and upon further simming, LB/kindling still sims higher for me than flame patch/meteor in multi target. I'm not ashamed to say I spoke too soon in my initial statement -_-

soooooo just did a full heroic EN clear as fire and had my highest parses on every single fight sans Xavius which actually went down like 70k (didn't get a dream phase but still seemed odd). Fire doesn't seem dead whatsoever but I defintely need to fine tune the rotation and get rid of the muscle memory of trying to use ice floes/flame on

I just did a normal EN run, and I agree... Fire seems oddly "buffed"...? I used Mirror images, Meteor and conflag; forgot to purchase a tome to switch to the different talents to try out.

I have the bracers, and without icefloes it was a bit jarring at certain parts of the boss fights

Kept pressing the wrong button for Flame on

I didn't even use MI. I kept RoP but will probably be switching to MI as I see that is indeed simming higher. I think the only thing I changed was kindling to meteor and my meteor usage was horrible at best since I wasn't used to it

Mi and Combustion lines up perfectly hence why I dropped Kindling for Meteor. CiS is still a bit iffy for me to use.

It feels somewhat like almost every class had their dps scaled back a bit as well. Now I'm afraid that Blizzard will hot fix nerf the Fire spec again.

Deleted
    Hi guys a quick question... what do you guys this are the talents to use with fire in raids and m+? My mage is 880 but havent been following really much the changes in 7.1.5... i just read the icy veins guide, is that correct? Thank you!

I'm testing Flame Patch tonight on Mythic + and comparing it with Living bomb. If the Flame Patch changes actually made it to live then it's pretty OP.

Meteor seems to be a no brainer for Mythic + if you don't like CiS.

Conflag all the way.

I am curious to see people test out different talents during raids and see their results in dps. I have yet to try out meteor and flame patch as they appear to do better dmg. Definitely will need to test on M+ tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sosaria View Post
    Mi and Combustion lines up perfectly hence why I dropped Kindling for Meteor. CiS is still a bit iffy for me to use.

It feels somewhat like almost every class had their dps scaled back a bit as well. Now I'm afraid that Blizzard will hot fix nerf the Fire spec again.
    Seriously doubt it...single target we are still middle of the pack. AOE still very strong. Basically position hasn't improved much we're just using different talents now.

Deleted
    The sky isn't falling? Really? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/10#difficulty=4

Yes, it is. And the ground is littered with OPed Shadow Priests. I can't believe I dumped my Spriest to play a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Onimod View Post
    The sky isn't falling? Really? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/10#difficulty=4

Yes, it is. And the ground is littered with OPed Shadow Priests. I can't believe I dumped my Spriest to play a Mage.
    #Balanced.