Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have ~36 traits in Mistweaver 35 in WW and 35 in Brewmaster because I was told that in PVP 34 was the cap. Why the sudden change 1 day before the patch ? Are they retarded ? I leveled 3 more chars to 110 to catchup on AK/AP and go PVP with them, guess that's out of the question. Why put in the gay fuck gating and grinding in the game while you try and present it as "balanced" as possible in terms of PVP ?

I know why: because they want to keep you invested in the game for as much as fucking possible that's why. "Always have something to do", artificially prolonging the life of this RNG shit fiasco expansion. Too bad about the story and the flawless launch. I had fun in this expansion from launch up until the beginning of december so that's ~ 3 months. For 90 days and ~18 days played it's good value ($ wise) but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

ROFLMAO

Balanced. Finely tuned. And much more even.
    Yeah it sucks. WoW game designers once again confirmed that they do not care about their previous promises and decisions... Thats why we should stop blindly believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by sofos87 View Post
    your just one of those internet trolls?? really? if not your just an ignorant little brat plz really stream when you are trying to get 2400+ PLEASE id pay to see that happening! then come and tell us about mindless mobs chasing you around ..... now go to your father and tell him to buy you more hearthstone cards ..... uum excuse me i meant wow game time .... and get the fuck out of the forums...
    Another 'get X rating or you are not worthy playing this game or post on MMOchamp' argument. How awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Wrong. 90% of the Gladiators on my server also raid Mythic.
    talking about r1 players

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I still don't see how winning 500 BGs is hard. I've done that on at least 3 of my characters according to armory statistics (probably more since I played a lot of BGs in vanilla/TBC.

PvPers can also get 54 traits with effort. Not as fast as those who do mythic +, sure, but nothing stops you from doing that. You can still get artifact power by doing PvP.
    Yeah you've done that over a time span of 10 or so years. 500 bgs takes months and months of dedicated play to complete. Would you want to be held out of Nighthold for months on months end because you're not properly attuned?00

Someone did some math (not sure if correct) but it would apparently take 4k arena wins to get to 54 traits. That my friend is not something you do in a couple of weeks, as any PvPer will tell you.

This does again pull the legs out under from PvP in regards to participation. No one will want to start playing because they'll be so far behind also alts are an absolute no go.

The only people in favor of this are retards who can't see longer than their nose.

A 15% damage and stamina deficit (the power gap will be even greater because of low ilvl and no honor talents) for 3-4 months or so on new characters kills PvP. No one will want to take part in that. "You weren't there at the start of expansion or you took a break? Well too bad for you".

Deleted
    I like how people keep bringing progression and dedication up as if tons of people won't already have +15% more damage than everyone else once the patch is out simply because of the fact that they were lucky enough to play the same spec in PvE and PvP.

We were given no warning for any of this, everyone who cared about PvP knew they could keep their weapon at 34 and focus on another for PvE. Hell, many Subtlety Rogues intentionally kept theirs at 33 because Shadow Nova ruined the whole spec (although they're finally fixing that).

And then the patch hits and all of a sudden you're 15% behind everyone else not because you put less time into the game, but literally just because you don't happen to play a spec that's equally viable in PvP and PvE. Do you understand how much 15% is? Every single person who didn't happen to keep dumping AP into their PvP spec for no reason (since all they needed was 34) might as well give up entirely this season. "Oh but you can just grind it". No. There are people starting the patch ALREADY AT 15% due to no factor but luck. You will not get 15% before the end of the season unless you boost MoS keys all day like a maniac. You will be massively objectively inferior to everyone else for at least a month or two. And this isn't the kind of inferiority you have in PvE where your raid leader might yell at you a bit for doing 30k less DPS than others. People using the "progression" argument don't understand because they don't give two shits about PvP (like the guy who keeps going on about how arena needs to be removed) and occasionally queue for BGs with the same spec they raid with not knowing that's not what most PvP players do.

ROFLMAO

Balanced. Finely tuned. And much more even.
    This... what the hell Blizzard. Whats this 180 on design philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post

Someone did some math (not sure if correct) but it would apparently take 4k arena wins to get to 54 traits. That my friend is not something you do in a couple of weeks, as any PvPer will tell you.
    If i remember correctly 2v2 at 25AK rewards 26,000 for the first win and 13,000 thereafter. So yes you would need 4000+ wins to get the 65,000,000 artifact power needed to max out the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    ...brought to you by Brian Holinka.

His latest tweet:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/817942936688046080

I can believe he drank all that dry before committing the change.

Probably had some weed as well.

I guess I am a casual pve er as I didnt realize they WERENT active in pvp >.> I dont think it will change much of anything. Still easy enough to outplay people damage boost or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    I guess I am a casual pve er as I didnt realize they WERENT active in pvp >.> I dont think it will change much of anything. Still easy enough to outplay people damage boost or not.
    because you are a casual pver you have no clue how things work , therefore you are wrong

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have something useful to say, say it. If all you have is idiotic abstract pontification, get out.
    Hypocrite.

"I do not know a lot of physics, but I am pretty sure that the Earth is flat. Just common sense."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Hypocrite.
    You evidently don't know what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Think this was the first time they reversed their decision. I remember at the start of Warlords they stated "Warlords of Draenor will not have flying" which lead to a massive outcry by the community and guess what occurred in 6.2 flying.

I kinda like this change to pvp. Simplifying it means "you put the time into the artifact you get rewarded for all of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually these changes are done to appease PVE players.

PVP players want gear progression to return of the most part.
    remember in MoP when PvE players had to do 2 bgs to complete the legendary cloak questchain? remember the backlash that PvErs didnt want to do PvP? Now PvPers have to the same thing but a million times worse.

All this fuss about not even 10% dmg difference between 35 and 54? Holy shit, PvP was far more balanced towards higher itemlevel players in the past...

Deleted
    Outplay? Almost everything that made pvpers able to outplay someone gotten pruned, heck even spriest lost something that had its uses in PvP, mind sear which they removed and baked into mind flay (you can't use it on an ally anymore to knock people out of stealth).

...brought to you by Brian Holinka.

His latest tweet:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/817942936688046080

I can believe he drank all that dry before committing the change.

Probably had some weed as well.
    It just gets worse and worse... AJ is gonna have a field day with this one. Dear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    All this fuss about not even 10% dmg difference between 35 and 54? Holy shit, PvP was far more balanced towards higher itemlevel players in the past...
    It's 15%. You can't even count.

It's 15%. You can't even count.
    He said between, 14.5-5 is 9.5 maths is hard yo.
    Feral Meme machine

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    He said between, 14.5-5 is 9.5 maths is hard yo.
    The relevant difference is between 54 and 34, not between 54 and 35. But sure, right, the difference between 54 and 35 is "not even 10%", that changes everything.