Poll: What will your primary spec be in Nighthold?

Deleted

What primary spec will you play in Nighthold?

Since it actually looks like people will be switching specs in the raiding atmosphere, I'm curious what everyone is going to choose.
    Personally, I'm starting as Fire (Flamestrike) primary, Arcane secondary.

Once Flamestrike gets fixed, I might switch it around: Arcane primary, Fire (Pyro) secondary.
    Reasoning being that I have the Bracers, making it somewhat comparative to Arcane/Frost without legendary.

ST or 2 target cleave = Frost

AOE 4+ = Fire

I don't have legendaries for Fire or Frost = Arcane

I don't fit in anywhere above = pick your favorite color.

Either fire or Arcane, prob gonna start with fire since i have bracers/belt combo then swap to arcane later as i have only bracers for it.

not a mage player, but can someone explain the new flamestrike rotation build and why is it better then pyroblast?

Deleted
    On PTR the talent flame patch got a 100% buff which made spamming flamestrike do more dps than the normal pyro rotation because those patches stack. However it only works on fights where the boss never moves and the 100% dmg to flamepatch buff didnt make it into the real patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by aegeahg View Post
    On PTR the talent flame patch got a 100% buff which made spamming flamestrike do more dps than the normal pyro rotation because those patches stack. However it only works on fights where the boss never moves and the 100% dmg to flamepatch buff didnt make it into the real patch notes.
    so the flametrike build isnt viable anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by aegeahg View Post
    There is a lot of things missing in the patch notes. They didn't have the combustion nerf up for 4 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Well most of its viability came for getting the gear in nighthold as well. And stuff not moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    If it ever threatened to be properly viable it would be nerfed immediately as that is now how the spell is supposed to be used. It would be foolish to gear around a flamestrike build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If it ever threatened to be properly viable it would be nerfed immediately as that is now how the spell is supposed to be used. It would be foolish to gear around a flamestrike build.
    Gearing around is definitely a bad idea, but it was already pushing very high numbers with "normal" fire gear. I'm on EU so I can't check yet, but I haven't heard confirmation of whether it made it in or not.

Deleted
    Good luck with Fire (Flamestrike) - there is no way this will stay.

Will stay fire unless another spec is way better

Staying arcane. It's much more reliable damage without quickening, even if more boring.

Deleted
    An unintended ST flamestrike rotation? Again? Didn't they just kill that shortly before legion release?

.. this patch.

Fire

I can't stand arcane, it would have to be 20% better than fire and frost for me to consider it.