Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I'm not even gonna look but I'm pretty sure its Joe from ariz.
    You wouldn't be alone but swing and a miss. Suprised me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Also, if they were building something like the Great Wall of China the manual unskilled labor might help. But I would assume this wall would be something that would take skilled labor in putting up large secure fencing/walls, not just putting blocks of stone in place.
    Funny, I'd have thought building a wall that lasts thousands of years out of stone and mortar in 200 BC. was a lot more skillful that attaching prefab wall sections together in 2000 AD.

But certainly it's up for debate
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he finally got kicked out of office.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You wouldn't be alone but swing and a miss. Suprised me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, I'd have thought building a wall that lasts thousands of years out of stone and mortar in 200 BC. was a lot more skillful that attaching prefab wall sections together in 2000 AD.

But certainly it's up for debate

Can't happen because that criminal lost his 2016 election, right now he is just a bitter old white men that thinks back to the good old days when he himself didn't have to follow the law and could get away with it.

I don't think inmates are qualified to build walls, make them break rocks into gravel instead. Also give them any horrible job no one wants to do instead of hardworking illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Can't happen because that criminal lost his 2016 election, right now he is just a bitter old white men that thinks back to the good old days when he himself didn't have to follow the law and could get away with it.
    Yes, my more precise thoughts were "Didn't that guy get sacked/lose his job; how is he back running a prison?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    http://www.infowars.com/sheriff-offe...p-border-wall/

Good, it's about time prisoners start being useful instead of being useless behind bars.
    You know about your prison industrial complex is a thing right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Man fears time, but time fears the pyramids
    arab proverb
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. Ancient USA proverb...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    you dont know anything about statistics, right?
    You know that's not how statistics work right? Pseudo statistics maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No, the article says (I quote):

" pitching a plan to create a nationwide consortium of sheriffs who agree to make inmate labor available to respond to the aftermath of hurricanes and natural disasters — and for ambitious national building projects. One possible application would be to provide labor for the construction of a border wall."

That means, the SHERIFF wants to offer the prisoners TO construction projects. He is not giving the prisoners the opportunity to say "no". That is slave labour.
    No it wouldn't be slavery labor. They're prisoners.

So this sheriff wants to take jobs away from the construction sector.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you dont know anything about how stats works (in the sample size and how samples works)
    I think we've had this discussion with you running in circles a little while ago
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying slavery didn't exist, they were all just prisoners? Hardly surprising from somebody who feels they are "confederate by soul", given that lot tried to secede so that they could continue keeping slaves when it looked like the government in DC was going to move to ban it.

If you force people to work against their will, in particular if they are not being paid (but this is not a requirement) then you are using slave labour. You know, I'm pretty sure there is something in the constitution about that being a "bad thing".
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-01-09 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Not slavery. When you're in prison for a felony you do whatever they tell you.
    Which is slavery.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have forfeited your rights to be an unproductive member of society when you commit a crime and go to prison. At that point, your without liberties and at the mercy of the state. If they say your digging ditches or picking up trash, your digging ditches or picking up trash. The alternative is you can sit in the segregation and not interact with anything in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Which is slavery.
    Which is not slavery

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So you are saying slavery didn't exist, they were all just prisoners? Hardly surprising from somebody who feels they are "confederate by soul", given that lot tried to secede so that they could continue keeping slaves when it looked like the government in DC was going to move to ban it.

If you force people to work against their will, in particular if they are not being paid (but this is not a requirement) then you are using slave labour. You know, I'm pretty sure there is something in the constitution about that being a "bad thing".
    Alot of them were prisoners yes. No that's not why we wanted to secede. We wanted to cause we were taxes unfairly and for states rights. The aggressive north had slaves at that time too and even during the war which is pretty hypocritical I would say. It had no thing to do with slaves.

Not slavery. When you're in prison for a felony you do whatever they tell you.
    Luckily, US citizens are so unlikely to ever get into prison. Oh wait... everyone and their mothers have done time over there.
    Another hint: Once you have that wall in place (which is not so likely in itself) you will all want it gone. I can already hear the moaning about the horrendous amounts of tax money such a project would devour year after year without end. Not that it would even serve a purpose at all, people always find ways.
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2017-01-09 at 09:24 PM.

Which is not slavery

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of them were prisoners yes.
    Let me get this straight. You are saying that a lot of the slaves kept in the USA were not actually slaves?

Man, that history revidism must be hard work, have you got a prisoner that you aren't paying but totally isn't a slave to help you do it? That's a lot of history to rewrite on your own.

Deleted
    Which is not slavery
    The american system is almost borderline slavery. The american prison system is a already made as a business, sentences are made bigger for smaller stuff, so they can work, and building a wall would just be that. What is slavery if not this?

The diffenition of slavery is :
    1. The condition in which one person is owned as property by another and is under the owner's control, especially in involuntary servitude.
    -> Which it would be, the people are forced to work at something they have no desision over, if you have no say, you are pretty much being owned as property.
    AND
    2. A condition of hard work and subjection: wage slavery. -> also the case, it will be hard work, bad working contistion, and you get payed little to nothing in the american prison system for your hard work

american have one of the highest mass incarceration, if they actually went back to do this kind of hard labor is pretty much modern slavery like North korea and the likes uses

10+ Year Old Account
    The american system is almost borderline slavery. The american prison system is a already made as a business, sentences are made bigger for smaller stuff, so they can work, and building a wall would just be that. What is slavery if not this?

The diffenition of slavery is :
    1. The condition in which one person is owned as property by another and is under the owner's control, especially in involuntary servitude.
    -> Which it would be, the people are forced to work at something they have no desision over, if you have no say, you are pretty much being owned as property.
    AND
    2. A condition of hard work and subjection: wage slavery. -> also the case, it will be hard work, bad working contistion, and you get payed little to nothing in the american prison system for your hard work

american have one of the highest mass incarceration, if they actually went back to do this kind of hard labor is pretty much modern slavery like North korea and the likes uses
    Which none of that applies to prisoners. So not slavery then?

Deleted
    Which none of that applies to prisoners. So not slavery then?
    What does not apply then? i do would like to see you type anything more then "nah" For i feel like i argued that i think it is. So where am i wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does not apply then? i do would like to see you type anything more then "nah" For i feel like i argued that i think it is. So where am i wrong.
    About all of it. You're implying it applies to prisoners to this rule which doesnt. The moment they commit a crime they lose their rights as human beings and rightfully so. So it doesn't really apply to them.

Deleted
    About all of it. You're implying it applies to prisoners to this rule which doesnt. The moment they commit a crime they lose their rights as human beings and rightfully so. So it doesn't really apply to them.
    I can work with this statement. So. What Human right act leds you to belive this? If not a lawfull Desicion on your behaf, then what ethics Belives leads you to this? For i dont think there is anything ethics decision to Think because A person have done anything wrong they are no longer Humans.
    So if not law, ethics what about psychology then? i can only assume you dont have a Humanistic psychology vision? What about Social constructionism then? nope.. Even the most old of Psychology Freud would say treating people as Nothing because of a mistake is a bit.. out of order..

I mean, If we talk about Lose right as human. most contries. America or Sweden as your location say, have signed the human rights act of 1948 so..