Arcane looses it's maintenance phase

Now it's all burn all the time. burn evo burn. who else is excited about this?

Deleted
    Isn't that only when you've got 4set and the legendary hat?

no. its a talent build. if you have 30%+mastery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    Now it's all burn all the time. burn evo burn. who else is excited about this?
    Almost all arcane mages!!! and why what diff have the fire spec combustion(burn phase ) and normal phase ...

no. its a talent build. if you have 30%+mastery
    what build?

1001013 this build. if you have 30%+mastery and all of your relics as Ethereal Sensitivity. you never once have to dump charges with abarr

Deleted
    Holy shit I might resub, arcane was always my favourite spec in terms of aethestics and class fantasy but the preserve phase always kinda confused me.

Now all the spec needs is some half decent spell effects to make it feel satisfying.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something which will be nerfed.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

1001013 this build. if you have 30%+mastery and all of your relics as Ethereal Sensitivity. you never once have to dump charges with abarr
    I had my AM proc chance up to theoretical 50% ... via talent and relic.

I could still go from 100% to 0% on AB casts without a single AM proc.

So 'never once' may be a bit strong

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I had my AM proc chance up to theoretical 50% ... via talent and relic.

I could still go from 100% to 0% on AB casts without a single AM proc.

So 'never once' may be a bit strong
    weeeell, there is also the 2-set, which gives 5% (10 with ab) + the legendary hat that gives another charge of evo.. going to be hard to burn through all that mana :P

So just to clarify (and in case the talent calculators are in the wrong order) we're taking Arcane Familiar (over Amplification), Supernova (over Charged Up), Nether Tempest and Arcane Orb (over Overpowered OR Temporal Flux)?

Sorry if I've got confused, but on all of the calculators I've seen, those are the talents in the slots you've listed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabbadu View Post
    So just to clarify (and in case the talent calculators are in the wrong order) we're taking Arcane Familiar (over Amplification), Supernova (over Charged Up), Nether Tempest and Arcane Orb (over Overpowered OR Temporal Flux)?

Sorry if I've got confused, but on all of the calculators I've seen, those are the talents in the slots you've listed.
    Seems to be the idea is to use as many skills as possible that can proc AM.

Deleted
    We're losing mastery with removal of "Mage Armor" passive (name might be a bit different but you know what I mean, I hope).

Anyway, we're going to be very dependant on Arcane Power cd now and I don't really like the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbadu View Post

Uhm, not really.

From what i have seen, the optimal single target talent build would be:

Amplification
    Charged Up (although Resonance is going to shine as soon as even little AoE is involved)
    Erosion
    Overpowered

Temporal Flux and Arcane Orb seem situationally crazy good though, so i think we'll see them often (the first one on heavy mechanics fight where optimal cd usage is not possible, the latter on heavy AoE oriented fights: coupled with Resonance, we are able to burst for millions of damage with 3 instant gcds).

This is based ONLY on infos i collected and on "feelcraft", nothing mathematically tested

Please could somebody explain to me how this would work? I've played a bit of arcane but not enough to know what's being talked about here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Sounds like something which will be nerfed.
    right. it wouldn't make sense for them to allow a no conserve phase. no reason to invest to much thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Seems to be the idea is to use as many skills as possible that can proc AM.
    This is partially correct. Everything can proc Am but the goal is to add buttons. Which provide mana efficient alternatives to casting Alastair. By adding all these buttons you can stretch out the burn phase long enough for Evo to come off CD. But you need the familiar for the increased management regen. Really only need 30% + mastery. Relics are just a bonus. You want high criteria too. Haste is kinda bad for it. You ultimately want harder hitting casts, not faster casts