Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Faith is confidence or trust in a person or thing; or the observance of an obligation from loyalty; or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement or it may refer to a particular system of religious belief,[1] such as in which faith is confidence based on some perceived degree of warrant.[2][3] The term 'faith' has numerous connotations and is used in different ways, often depending on context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith

Define "particular system". Maybe faith in science? You know how atiesm works?

My IQ dropped.
    Why would it drop? You asserted science is based on faith. Do you think the science that causes us to converse right now is based on faith?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    This is, in fact, pretty much the exact opposite of what science is. Well done.
    Alright.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

There you go, my "only atiests are compatible with science" friend.

PS: Atiesm is only a religion.

Welcome to the club neighbour!

Deleted
    Science is pretty explicitly based on faith, with people who demand proof being viewed as worse than those who can just accept it without doubt as per their own holy scientist. Cut the "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME" crap. Religion is empirical. Science is generally fundamentally opposed to that.

Fixed it for you.

See, there is no difference. Same answers, people are trying to fit in stuff they actually don't know what it is. I also see fundamentally screwed athiests here, who likes to use "science" as thier only shield(because of lack in any form of knowledge). It could also be a religious person. Same thing.

/All this comes from a sciencist(your prophet). Ciao.
    Do you even know what science is?
    Ever heard of the scientific method?

If you truly think that religion and science are the same, than you propably don't understant both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Okay, how is that relevant to what I wrote? Should we not discuss potential problems with Islam because you were pushed down a flight of stairs? I get pretty angry when people stifle debate by screaming xenophobia/racism and it leads to rapes and murders.

We must be open to debate, there must be no sacred cows that cannot be debated in our society.
    You said to remove emotions and add actual damage it causes. I gave you an example of what happened to me and a lot of immigrants because of xenophobic rhetoric. If you want to ignore it, all power to you. Maybe when the ignore limit is exceeded, you'll see past your own nose.

I am not the one saying that anything you said isn't relevant. I am replying directly to what you are saying, not trying to silence you by saying what you said is irrelevant. A little self awareness please...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would it drop? You asserted science is based on faith. Do you think the science that causes us to converse right now is based on faith?
    You think faith is made after relgions, but not that faith existed when the first human were born.

It dropped again.

How can you be human without having faith in what you are doing or believe in?

Faith is confidence or trust in a person or thing; or the observance of an obligation from loyalty; or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement or it may refer to a particular system of religious belief,[1] such as in which faith is confidence based on some perceived degree of warrant.[2][3] The term 'faith' has numerous connotations and is used in different ways, often depending on context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith

Define "particular system". Maybe faith in science? You know how atiesm works?

My IQ dropped.
    Even IF science was based on faith(which it is not), it still runs on evidence. religions don't. If there is no evidence for something, then you have to accept it's bullshit until you can actually prove your beliefs. And I doubt your IQ dropped, since you don't seem to have a very high IQ to begin with.

Deleted
    Do the same study with jewish students training to be teachers and prepar yourself to be called antisemitic when you find out approximatively the same results. ...
    But hey, it's never gonna happen. Just the fact of making studies about this with jews will make them call you antisemitic. ....

Here it's about muslims so nothing's wrong. Its OK to shit on them for whatever reason nowadays

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    Do you even know what science is?
    Ever heard of the scientific method?

If you truly think that religion and science are the same, than you propably don't understant both of them.
    Scientific method? ROFL.

Have you head of people who are doing the "scientific method"who also in the same time can believe in a god?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are using words that describes a xenophobic person. Who are not letting you debate? Who is angry?

As you can see, and I did see it coming. You can't argue with a person, who are afraid.
    Nothing I wrote describes a xenophobic person.

I want debate, if what is highlighted in the OP is a potential issue, then legislation can pretty easily be put in place to stop it becoming an actual issue.

When the likes of you try to claim xenophobia, which is a well worn tactic to stifle debate, then we don't have the opportunity to talk through how we can head off any potential issues and then they can become problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright.

You are born an atheist... it has nothing to do at all with science. Believing in God is not a default position, not one that is innate. The field you need to attack is not science, it's psychology and theology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Do the same study with jewish students training to be teachers and prepar yourself to be called antisemitic when you find out approximatively the same results. ...
    But hey, it's never gonna happen. Just the fact of making studies about this with jews will make them call you antisemitic. ....

Here it's about muslims so nothing's wrong. Its OK to shit on them for whatever reason nowadays
    Bravo! Finally somebody with perspective. I seriously felt alone.

1000+

Deleted
    Alright.

This is a good example of why you are so confused, somebody talks about science and you link something about atheism, like as if atheism has anything to do with science...

Deleted

I want debate, if what is highlighted in the OP is a potential issue, then legislation can pretty easily be put in place to stop it becoming an actual issue.

When the likes of you try to claim xenophobia, which is a well worn tactic to stifle debate, then we don't have the opportunity to talk through how we can head off any potential issues and then they can become problems.
    YOU CANT DEBATE ANYTHING.

Its like debating with a nazi or a communist. Don't you understand.

You have to get rid of a your political views for a second, meet people as they are(if you want to talk about them as they are - i understand that you want to talk "freely" - go ahead and be objective).

Deleted
    Scientific method? ROFL.

Have you head of people who are doing the "scientific method"who also in the same time can believe in a god?
    Yes I heard of them, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If they are Muslims who are dedicated to their religion, of course they would. I see nothing wrong with this because evolution should not be taught in schools ether, or creationism. Schools should stick to academics, which do not border on one's beliefs when it comes to religion or non religious.
    The problem is that evolution is legitimate science, and because some religions happen to be offended by it doesn't mean that students shouldn't be taught actual science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

You ask what can be done to prevent it?
    The same thing that can be done about every other group that is known to deny evolution, you want a cure for muslims find a cure for christians first, and if that cure helps apply it to the muslims. Focusing on muslims but ignoring all other groups seems completely pointless, unless there you have a reason why you want to focus on muslims.
    Well if you use this terminology of cure and sickness, you are kind of setting this up to anything but neutral. But following this argument we already got a cure for christians and apllied it successfully, because in Europe the age of enlightenment and what followed happend. This is a process already completed. No cure works for every patient, but please take a look at the numbers, they represent exactly that.

How can we, as a society and within the means of constitutional law, without unduely impeding on the individuals right to exercise freedom of religion and without the state intruding into individuals lives, a) (force) start this process for the groups require it and b) (forcefully) accelerate it to a speed that makes it possible to undergo that transformation in less than one generation to prevent the problem attitudes of anti-science anti-evolution from seeping into the ranks of near-future educators?
    This is especially concerning since we observe these attitudes in particular subgroups of people that have now lived in Germany for 3 generations, thus making this NOT a matter of aclimatisation or temporary attitudes that can be expected to disappear within a generation.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-01-10 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

If you want to debate, so others don't shut down the conversation, do it by actually involving your self in the conversation, instead of repeating that it's irrelevant. How many Christian students don't believe in evolution? How many Jews don't? Is the issue not believing evolution or Muslims not believing evolution? Because it seems like you keep repeating xenophobia is a distraction, instead of responding to a guy active in this thread denying evolution, who I doubt is Muslim... so, what is the issue?

Deleted
    This is a good example of why you are so confused, somebody talks about science and you link something about atheism, like as if atheism has anything to do with science...
    Well, here is the funny thing.

People who are not reading(or reading manipulative newspapers), tends to relay thier idenity on 1 thing. Science. If they ask them about thier relgion guess what, atiesm.

Im talking about how stupid people are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You said to remove emotions and add actual damage it causes. I gave you an example of what happened to me and a lot of immigrants because of xenophobic rhetoric. If you want to ignore it, all power to you. Maybe when the ignore limit is exceeded, you'll see past your own nose.

I am not the one saying that anything you said isn't relevant. I am replying directly to what you are saying, not trying to silence you by saying what you said is irrelevant. A little self awareness please...
    At no point have I condoned xenophobic rhetoric, so how is any of this relevant to me? I have said that nothing should be beyond scrutiny, as allowing scutiny means that we can enact pragmatic policy to deal with problems.

If they don't accept evolution as scientific fact just fail them.