Ring of Collapsing Futures - Fury

How good is this at 865 with no socket? I am 881 and wondering if this is worth downgrading for to gain the effect? Any experience with this ring would be great. Thanks

This is a Arms ring. Not Fury. You want Jeweled Signet of Melandrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    This is a Arms ring. Not Fury. You want Jeweled Signet of Melandrus.
    And Collapsing Futures too if you dont have the legendary ring or a high ilvl or with socket ring with high haste without crit

I've just had shit luck getting melandrus. I have lege ring already.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    And Collapsing Futures too if you dont have the legendary ring or a high ilvl or with socket ring with high haste without crit
    No, that is a mastery heavy ring. You do not use it over a haste heavy ring that you can get. The on use effect is only really effective with Arms because it scales with our mastery, our CS debuff, and BC, and lines up perfectly with BC uses. It is bottom tier for Fury.

No, that is a mastery heavy ring. You do not use it over a haste heavy ring that you can get. The on use effect is only really effective with Arms because it scales with our mastery, our CS debuff, and BC, and lines up perfectly with BC uses. It is bottom tier for Fury.
    you cant take this as an absolute rule, comparing to many other rings the collapsing fut is good becouse the on use alone account for near 1% damage

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    you cant take this as an absolute rule, comparing to many other rings the collapsing fut is good becouse the on use alone account for near 1% damage
    I didnt say absolute, I said when compared to a haste heavy ring, its crap. The haste you gain from the haste heavy ring will far outweigh the micro damage you get from the ring. It is the same reason that Jeweled signet of Melandrus is crap for Arms, the 10% auto attack damage isnt worth losing the mastery of another ring.

Thanks for the good info. I have a 875 Haste heavy/Mastery ring. I will use that until Jeweled signet finally drops. I assume even a 850ish signet is better than a 875 haste heavy ring? I've read in other places that even 840 is bis for fury over NH rings. I wonder how accurate that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Thanks for the good info. I have a 875 Haste heavy/Mastery ring. I will use that until Jeweled signet finally drops. I assume even a 850ish signet is better than a 875 haste heavy ring? I've read in other places that even 840 is bis for fury over NH rings. I wonder how accurate that is.
    10% AA damage is a huge gain for fury. Boosts your dmg very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    auto-atack damage is around 15% of a fight damage, 10% increse in it means around 1,5% of your total dps, the ring is awesome becouse it scale very well

The ring does 0.7% to 1.5% of damage for fury on personal experience,get better use out of higher ilvl well-statted rings

I didnt say absolute, I said when compared to a haste heavy ring, its crap. The haste you gain from the haste heavy ring will far outweigh the micro damage you get from the ring. It is the same reason that Jeweled signet of Melandrus is crap for Arms, the 10% auto attack damage isnt worth losing the mastery of another ring.
    Mastery rises to be just as good for Fury as Haste is, sometimes even better so this idea is misguided. While Collapsing isn't as strong for Fury as it is for Arms (thanks to the continual issue of CS being way too powerful of an effect), it's still quite strong adding an extra 1-2% damage, which is a lot more than you'll get from a handful of extra stats, even well budgeted ones. While 1% doesn't sound like much, 1% out of 400k (4k) is a lot more than the 500-1.5k increase you'll get from slightly higher stat budget.

After patch next week this may change slightly as item budget is adjusted, but the competition would have to have a large (40+) ilvl gap with optimized stats (Haste+Mastery) to be better than the use effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Mastery rises to be just as good for Fury as Haste is, sometimes even better so this idea is misguided. While Collapsing isn't as strong for Fury as it is for Arms (thanks to the continual issue of CS being way too powerful of an effect), it's still quite strong adding an extra 1-2% damage, which is a lot more than you'll get from a handful of extra stats, even well budgeted ones. While 1% doesn't sound like much, 1% out of 400k (4k) is a lot more than the 500-1.5k increase you'll get from slightly higher stat budget.

After patch next week this may change slightly as item budget is adjusted, but the competition would have to have a large (40+) ilvl gap with optimized stats (Haste+Mastery) to be better than the use effect.
    Ive simmed with up to 44% haste and not seen mastery come close to eclipsing haste. And with the stat crunch coming up the 50% is not going to be reachable especially with 4 set in nh.

the on use is similar to the fishbrul. You have to have an amazing ring to be worth swapping it out. Melandrus or execute ring for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

No. You are missing what I have said. Ok, he has a better ring, wants to know if it is worth downgrading to the ring with no socket at 865. I stated its not a fury ring, and if you have a ring that is better and pure haste or heavy haste, you want to use that over this. Jeweled signet of Melandrus also increases Arms damage by 1-2% but not a single Arms warrior is using it. Because the stats matter farm more.

I'm using the Legendary ring now and I managed to get my hands on a Jeweled Signet of Melandrus 850 ilvl (no socket unfortunately). I'm using the ring over an 870 Haste/Mastery Ring. I assume that will be ideal until more information is uncovered about the NH Rings.

No. You are missing what I have said. Ok, he has a better ring, wants to know if it is worth downgrading to the ring with no socket at 865. I stated its not a fury ring, and if you have a ring that is better and pure haste or heavy haste, you want to use that over this. Jeweled signet of Melandrus also increases Arms damage by 1-2% but not a single Arms warrior is using it. Because the stats matter farm more.
    I didn't miss what was said, but you have a misunderstanding of the way the specs work.

Arms Wars don't use Melandrus because the effect is outweighed by their stat gain of better itemized gear; Arms also has a greater relative gain from their top stat than Fury does, so its an unequal comparison. Fury doesn't care as much about stats, because while they have "best" and "worst" stats, there is a much smaller gap between their values than Arms.

You can say it's "not a Fury ring" as much as you want, but it's not significantly worse for Fury than Arms, and works just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wbbfan View Post
    Ive simmed with up to 44% haste and not seen mastery come close to eclipsing haste. And with the stat crunch coming up the 50% is not going to be reachable especially with 4 set in nh.

the on use is similar to the fishbrul. You have to have an amazing ring to be worth swapping it out. Melandrus or execute ring for example.
    I dunno what sims you're running, but they're wrong.