Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who was the first nepholem who become Diablo?

Who was the first nepholem who become Diablo? In the last cinematic after killing Diablo, we see a boy, but who are he? A random nepholem???

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Who was the first nepholem who become Diablo? In the last cinematic after killing Diablo, we see a boy, but who are he? A random nepholem???
    That would be prince Albrecht. He journeyed into the Cathedral after diablo called for him through his master Lazarus. The prince is the son of who we know as the skeleton king, leoric the madking.

Interesting enough he isn't actually a nephalem. He was no hero. Had no powers. But he was the right boy to begin the story that unfolded

Actually...

There HASN'T been a Nephalem that became Diablo.

The heroes in Diablo 1 and 2 were not Nephalem. Nephalem only came about at the end of Diablo 2: Lord of Destructions ending when Tyreal destroyed the World Stone. The World Stone basically sealed the powers of Nephalem (turning them into regular powerless people), but when destroyed some started regaining it. Those are the heroes you play in Diablo 3.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Technically, humans are weak Nephalem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still kinda hoping we'll get an expansion, or possibly in D4, where we go against the first Nephalem, the child of Inarius and Lilith.

If the PC's have become this powerful in such a short time... Imagine how powerful the first must be...

His Paragon level must be insane
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    The Nephalem of old are all dead now. We'll visit the Temple of the Firstborn in 2.5, but I doubt it will move forward the story in any way.

My bet is that in D4 the corrupted Nephalem will be the antagonist (like Aidan/Dark Wanderer).

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually...

There HASN'T been a Nephalem that became Diablo.

The heroes in Diablo 1 and 2 were not Nephalem. Nephalem only came about at the end of Diablo 2: Lord of Destructions ending when Tyreal destroyed the World Stone. The World Stone basically sealed the powers of Nephalem (turning them into regular powerless people), but when destroyed some started regaining it. Those are the heroes you play in Diablo 3.
    I was under the impression the Barbarian is the same guy in D3 and D2.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    The Nephalem of old are all dead now. We'll visit the Temple of the Firstborn in 2.5, but I doubt it will move forward the story in any way.

My bet is that in D4 the corrupted Nephalem will be the antagonist (like Aidan/Dark Wanderer).
    I think we will see a bunch more in D3 before D4 comes out, a lot of people are going to buy the Necromancer and I have a feeling that will make them stick with D3 longer. Honestly I would like them to use the rifts as a way to show people what happened in D2 as well, Take the coolest quests of each act in D2 and make them story based rifts.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I suppose it's possible Diablo had many hosts before Albrecht. But we don't know of them AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    He is, but his "Nephalem power" was only unlocked when the Worldstone was shattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

could be, as we meet the cute daughter of adria and the dark wanderer the Titles only have about 25 < years between them. But even then he wouldn't have been a nephalem in D2 as the worldstone suppressed his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He is, but his "Nephalem power" was only unlocked when the Worldstone was shattered.
    Doesn't seem that legit really, Barbarian was already a near invincible super-hero level demon slayer and nothing changed!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It was the original plan. Unfortunately that's no longer the case (D3 and D2 barbs are two different persons) but since some work was already done and never scrapped/redone they feel connected.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Originally they planned to do this, however they cut that out of his story. He is of the same clan I believe, but he isn't the same Barbarian. Which is confusing since he is the same VOICE ACTOR as the one from Diablo 2 (which I am not complaining because I love that guys voice. So fitting for the class).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Yeah it seemed the only reason they really cut it is because it didn't make sense that they had only one returning character. Right now, it's ambiguous enough that you could headcanon it as the same Barbarian, despite the glaring plotholes like why Tyrael and Cain don't recognize you and your past actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It was the original plan. Unfortunately that's no longer the case (D3 and D2 barbs are two different persons) but since some work was already done and never scrapped/redone they feel connected.
    Really? I didn't know they changed that.

Doesn't seem that legit really, Barbarian was already a near invincible super-hero level demon slayer and nothing changed!
    None of the other heroes who defeated Diablo in D1 or D2 needed Nephalem powers *shrug*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Yeah it seemed the only reason they really cut it is because it didn't make sense that they had only one returning character. Right now, it's ambiguous enough that you could headcanon it as the same Barbarian, despite the glaring plotholes like why Tyrael and Cain don't recognize you and your past actions.
    Tyrael is an amnesiac and Cain is senile :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Really? I didn't know they changed that.

None of the other heroes who defeated Diablo in D1 or D2 needed Nephalem powers *shrug*.
    Adding more info: actually in D2 you find the D1 heroes.

The warrior is obviously the Dark Wanderer - which is also Aidan, the other son of King Leoric. The amazon is Blood Raven you find in Act1. The wizard is the SUmmoner you defeat in Act2. Basically all heroes were present and contributed to kill Diablo in D1 (even if you played alone), and all of them were corrupted by its dark power.

The transition between D2 and D3 is more "complicated", also due to the fact the connection initially planned were scrapped and while some stuff remained things like the Barbarian being a different one applies. We know for sure that D2 Necro is Xul (the one in HotS) and he took an apprentice under his wing - Methan, tthe one you fine in different events in Act2.

Also we have the D2 wizard: it's Isendra, the spirit you encounter in act 5 playing the Wizard - specifically the female version, which is canonically Li-Ming (the one in HotS).

I cannot recall other characters, i may have missed out stuff for sure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The whole nephalim stuff is a piece of shit. I don't see a (big) difference strength-wise between the d2 heroes and the d3 heroes. So why the hell the big focus on the player being nephalim?

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    The whole nephalim stuff is a piece of shit. I don't see a (big) difference strength-wise between the d2 heroes and the d3 heroes. So why the hell the big focus on the player being nephalim?
    The Nephalem can achieve infinite power through paragon points. Not sure if that's canon or not but that would be a pretty big deal.

TBH the lore is confusing as hell, since all humans are Nephalem but they decided to use it to address your character specifically, disregarding any other human NPC being talked to. With the Worldstone gone, there should be no reason why anyone's latent power is still locked away. It's just a convenient plot device.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-10 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps in time more and more Nephalem will awaken (and fight each other? - like Bhaalspawn in BG).