Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post
    Have you considered playing a different class? Rogue nerfs are bad for all rogues. I have no plans to play Sub and I was still frustrated that Blizzard nerfed it the way they did without fixing its inherent energy regen problem. These weird band-aid fixes didn't work for Outlaw, and I doubt they'll work here other than making it more difficult to sync up Vendetta with our other CDs.
    ive been a rogue for 12 years, not gonna start rerolling now

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ive been a rogue for 12 years, not gonna start rerolling now
    Ah, my mistake. From your oddly celebratory troll post, I assumed that you weren't very attached to the class as a whole.

It will be interesting to see with the set bonuses if Envenom passes Rupture on damage contribution at some point. Envenom relics may even become competitive.

the nerf is so big that now we are in a situation where every relic is worse than the previous (without counting the energy regen btw)
    but with a nerf to 9/8/7 the situation of "exponential" growth remained.
    unlucky situation T_T

btw the amout of overstimation about lining up CDs is ridiculous

Deleted
    So no answer from blizzard about this? not even a mention about a major change to the class?

For now, have to try sim what relics to use, as it look the 3rd relic (4 sec) need to be replaced but I guess its time to change al 3. With MP being the way to go is MA (master alcemist) for extra Ag dmg a way to go possibly?

Servers are up, I can confirm this is live.

Why didn't they just nerf the fucking boots? Fuck Blizzard. This expansion is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

We'll definitely need some work done to sim this out then. I imagine they are still quite valuable, but definitely less so, especially the third relic being only 4 seconds. I imagine based on my incredible napkin math that we may want to use two relics and a rupture/master alchemist relic to maximize uptime with the boots, but I have no actual math/sims to validate that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Why didn't they just nerf the fucking boots? Fuck Blizzard. This expansion is a joke.
    why nerf boots? even in single target with now old 3MA and convergences of fates they are only 1K dps above the wrists

Deleted
    oh god... will wait tomorrow for patch being live in EU to see if 3MA without boots (unlucky... got insigna sephuz & valeera) will be a bad news, else gonna have to pray for getting some relics drop this week :@

Servers are up. Can confirm the change is live.

Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenes View Post
    oh god... will wait tomorrow for patch being live in EU to see if 3MA without boots (unlucky... got insigna sephuz & valeera) will be a bad news, else gonna have to pray for getting some relics drop this week :@
    \

How many relics did we watch pass us by because we had no idea they were nerfing this? I have a few in my bank but still, I'm fairly upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    \

How many relics did we watch pass us by because we had no idea they were nerfing this? I have a few in my bank but still, I'm fairly upset.
    Yeah. Nerfs like this, especially since we took a drop in ilvl to use these relics, need to be given advance warning. Yet again, Blizzard handle our class with no fucking elegance whatsoever.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

What if you have the 3 MA relics and the Boots? it still works?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomtouch View Post
    What if you have the 3 MA relics and the Boots? it still works?
    No reason it wouldn't. It just comes up less often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    \

damn true, got a +55 rupture yesterday on elereth MM tho, but it would only be a change from a +51... and i still have a +43 for almost 3 months now -.-

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    No reason it wouldn't. It just comes up less often.
    Alright thanks, ima keep em up then hehe

Still, I suppose you can wait 24 more seconds to line up the second one with Vanish. But instead of nerfing the Boots, which for example I do not have (and I have 4 legendaries) they nerfed the relic. And let's say I am ok with the nerf, they DID NOT SAID ANYTHING FOR THE WHOLE FKING TIME. I tossed or passed over a ton of 870+ rupture dmg relics and they sneak on the patch day..without even documenting it?

It's not about the nerf, it's about not saying anything. It's not such a minor nerf when you fuck up 2 or 3 relics. But I know the solution. We just need 3x unsubscribed relics now.

Deleted
    waiting 24 seconds to line up are u srs?

NEW:
    0:00 -> vendetta+vanish
    1:30 -> vendetta
    2:00 -> vanish
    3:00 ->vendetta
    4:00 -> vanish
    4:30 -> vendetta
    6:00 -> vendetta+vanish

OLD:
    0:00 vendetta+vanish
    1:00 vendetta
    2:00 vendetta+vanish
    3:00 vendetta
    4:00 vendetta+vanish
    5:00 vendetta
    6:00 vendetta+vanish

For Agonizing builds -

Lining up Vendetta with Vanish isn't really a big deal since Rupture was normalized and DS was nerfed. Since Kingsbane works with Vendetta now, and MP is competitive, you want your Vendetta to either stay 1:30 (no relics/boots/elisande trinket), or you want to try and get it down to 45. I don't think there's a middle ground. Gul'dan's trinket "Draught of Souls" was reduced to a 1:20 cooldown now as well (from 2 minutes), which is even more reason to try and line it up this way.

Envenom/Rupture relics should be pretty interchangeable with tier, with Envenom being slightly better if you have enough mastery.
    Last edited by Pinch; 2017-01-10 at 06:10 PM.

at least with boots now 3MA-2MA-1MA sims appear to be roughly the same