How do you m+ as an afflock?

So I have been using Sow the seeds with SC and essentially spam seeds of corruption when I have a shard. Throw up agony and corruption (I'm running AC) with Drain soul. But most mobs die by the time Agony reaches 10 stacks which shows up as gimped up dps on trash.

Boss damage I'm fine. However higher m+ you need good trash dps too. Should I just play destro or stick with afflock till better gear. I ran with 2 BM hunters.

Personally I don't use Sow very often anymore unless I am running with a Tank that can pull half the instance. I use Siphon Life as my go-to for that talent tier.

Writhe in Agony should be the go-to talent over Drain Soul. Drain Soul is good for sniping Soul Shards off low health mobs but the damage from WiA is just so good, plus when 7.1.5 hits Drain Soul is baseline again. You shouldn't really need to apply corruption, on 3 or more targets I tend to throw a Seed out and put Agony and Siphon life on it, by the time I have put Agony and Siphon life on the mobs I want them on the Seed has popped and put Corruption on everything so I get right to applying UA. Absolute Corruption means I never worry about Corruption, it's just there doing it's thing :P

I have until recently used Soul Conduit as I prefer getting some shards back to compensate for slow shard gen, however I recently got the legendary helm and I've noticed I can sometimes get over capped on shards, so now I'm trying Phantom Singularity to try to not over cap shards and fill out a bit more AoE seen as I don't use Sow.

This is just my own play, I haven't watched any vids from pros or anything so I'm open to other suggestions...

3 1 1 2 1 1 3
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    3 1 1 2 1 1 3
    I started to hear a waltz in my head because of this and imagined an afflock playing to it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    3 1 1 2 1 1 3
    Ah yea Contagion build, I dislike it overall. Just not for me. It's UA and getting it on everything plus all other dots etc. I could give it a try again I suppose though.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The downside of Singularity is that it's range is huge and it will almost inevitably pull extra mobs in the tighter packed dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I started to hear a waltz in my head because of this and imagined an afflock playing to it.
    Now that you mentioned, I could only think of Death the Kid from soul eater because simetry
    Thanks for the heads up!

Been running writhe/AC/sow/service/SC, just always make sure to have 5 shards and 10+ souls for bosses.
    For me sacrifice always does lackluster damage when i try it.

Deleted
    2132313 In my opinion, been running it for most of the time and pulling way ahead on most classes even in 15-16´s when fights are really long on tyrannical and can still maintain 500-650 k dps on bosses (atm 886/54 traits). And you pull good AoE aswell, just agony everything on the run and maintain your agony on most targets as much as u can while spamming SoC. SoC and Soulflame deals massive dmg and u maintain a stabile income of soulshards with your agony on the mobs. Make sure to save up Souls and 5x shards for bosses. You get your aoe fear as an "interrupt" on all mobs while running big packs. Explain to your tank that u want big pulls and lots of small adds involved in pulls if possible for maximum outcome of your soul flame dmg. Same on boss fights, if there´s a possibility (like in dht dresaron) that u can maintain your wrath of consumption by pulling an extra dragon from time to time its really awesome. Depending on instance i end up in total around 550 -800 k dps overall after a m+ and thats more than alot of classes. Now tho in 7.1.5 I would go Malefic grasp instead of Writhe of Agony tho.
    Last edited by mmocc78a12fad6; 2017-01-11 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never use Sow, I just rely on mass-Corruption, spread Agony a few times and Siphon Life if they're bigger mobs and UA spam w/ my fingers crossed for Conduit procs to deal with groups sub +8. Keys above that, I usually just spread corruption and tunnel a caster, priority mob, etc.

Come to think of it, I don't really use Phantom Singularity much either, unless I'm questing and pulling ~10+ enemies and an elite, which is basically the only way I quest these days.

Is Sow actually any good; Like, the explosion, is it that powerful? Even after the recent change to the talent? Never farted around with it before. I love Siphon Life too much.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    [...]Is Sow actually any good; Like, the explosion, is it that powerful? [...]
    On a small packs 3-6 mobs it isn't impressive, but if you have a tank doing really big pulls it's good. Imagine a freshly leveled lock (826 ilvl) doing >900k dps while pulling all the trash before 1st boss in MoS. That good. Not sure how the recent changes will affects it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diwineq View Post
    Wall of text.
    /Wave!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emy View Post
    /Wave!!!
    Haha /wave indeed! Time to sleep after nightshift if possible after seeing the new numbers, been testing some in lfr this morning xP Damn, love it !

And yes, STS or SH is the way to go in M+ atm together with MG and the rest in my previous post. Just amazing!
    Last edited by mmocc78a12fad6; 2017-01-11 at 09:20 AM.