Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I'd patent the hell out of it first so I got exclusiveness.

First sell it VERY high, like in the 100k to million mark. Why? People people that had money would pay for it easily.

After a few years, where most rich people would have got cure, now sell it for 10-20k, so still very expensive, but now a lot more people suddenly can afford it.

Then sell it for 5k, now most people can afford and now would need to produce large volume.

After a few more years, now offer the patent up for sell to companies, and in the contract insist on a royalty payment (% of sales) as well so now they can sell for whatever and you can just swim in money.
    That wasnt the question though, how much SHOULD you be able to sell it for. Not how much would you sell it for.

In an ideal world, I would say 10 dollars per pill. The person who makes the cure should be able to get rich from it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Put up funding page online and when my funding hits 100 million I will release the patent and recipe to the public domain for all to have and us globally. With 8 billion people out there and how many would be willing to donate, I would hit that amount pretty quickly I would think and would be enough for me to live basically any life I want with ease and never want for anything again.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonfaxx View Post
    If you (YOU) cured cancer today -- and supposing that the cure costs you $1 per dose to manufacture, in addition to the initial time, effort, and monetary cost of discovering the cure -- what is the maximum amount you should be permitted to charge per dose and why? (Note that the question is not how much WOULD you charge, but how much SHOULD YOU BE PERMITTED to charge.)
    The correct answer would be "As much as the consumer is willing to pay".

Welcome to capitalism.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

$1.10 per dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The correct answer would be "As much as the consumer is willing to pay".

Welcome to capitalism.
    Until you get cancer yourself of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Until you get cancer yourself of course.
    And then cure myself because I'm the owner of the treatment....?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

12.7 million people discover they have cancer each year.
    I'd say $25-50. Very affordable and pretty sure most people would spent thousands to rid themselves of cancer so it seems fair.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'd put the patent in the public domain so any bumfuck pharm company can produce generic versions.
    Good choice. I would have to go with this one, too.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would charge the equivalent of 100$ for it from first-world countries. This is because I would use the money to expand the operation to places that couldn't either afford or learn of the cure. Also, I wouldn't charge children and/or friends and family.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I think 5-10$ would be an ideal price. This would allow you to use the remaining money to live ok while also starting research to cure other diseases like HIV/AIDS, Eboa, Altzheimer, Parkinson etc.

Also, in very rich countries the pill could be sold for more, like 25$. This would be to support a lower price or even free for poor people.

So overall, a good price would be 5-10$ on average.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-01-10 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    I would never expose myself. People have families and don't care for my live, others want power and money. They would drag me into a lab and I would never see the light of day again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfaxx View Post
    If you (YOU) cured cancer today -- and supposing that the cure costs you $1 per dose to manufacture, in addition to the initial time, effort, and monetary cost of discovering the cure -- what is the maximum amount you should be permitted to charge per dose and why? (Note that the question is not how much WOULD you charge, but how much SHOULD YOU BE PERMITTED to charge.)
    You should be "permitted" to charge whatever it's worth someone else to have it. You are taking a perfectly interesting moral and ethical question for an individual and turning it into a rationalization for tyranny.

i would totally

charge based on wealth.

you make 20k a year, you get the sucker for next to nothing

you make 200k a year, you pay a little bit of money prob sub 100 bucks

you make 2m a year, you are going to pay 10k+

you make 20m a year you are going to pay through the nose, at least a few million.

any income over that, i am totally going to charge 50% of your income.

if you are worth over 100 million, 50% of your worth
    if you are worth over a billion 75% of your worth

if you are in the top 100 richest, 90% of your worth.

then i will really show what TRICKLE down is. i would then create the worlds biggest non profit charatable orgnization and both help those who need it and REDISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH BABY!!!

payback for those 600 dollar iphones that should cost a hundered bucks as an example for companies like this, 95% of your worth if you are an top executive.

and the kicker....if you are an exec or a major stock holder in pharma.....99% of your wealth.

i probably would not live past the first month before someone killed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There shouldn't be a limit on it. You discover it, its yours to do with as you please.