Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's even worse for pet tame masters. To truly be the champion they have to transfer to every server once, find the hidden shadow pet tame master of the realm, beat him and then pay another fee for the next server... Mythic raiders are quiet casual compared to the pet tamer scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Meanwhile, in a different corner of the forums

Fucking Blizzard took away all sense of realm community!!!11
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    So what you're saying you want to PUG Mythic progression?
    What are the negatives to opening cross server mythics? maybe after the world first race is done?

I've pugged plenty of mythics. This would certainly help keep raiding alive by allowing people to trial for guilds without transferring as well as fill in for missing raiders. My guild hasn't raided in 5 weeks because of people no showing. I think it's about to die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If you want to raid Mythics you're going to need to sacrifice a lot more than $25. So it's a moot point really.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, if you can't pay $25, then how're the extra hours of play going to not feel like extortion (using OPs logic).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    What mmo's offer free realm transfers?

All those I have previously played, only offered payed transfers.. If any at all.
    Rift has had free xfers for awhile, there was another one...it was much smaller than even Rift though.

OT I dont have this problem, but I do think the concept of servers as segregated communities needs to die.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Most of the Mythic restrictions are just annoying today. I know plenty of people that used to be hardcore raiders or are already done on their server and would easily be able to play in a mythic raid for 1 or 2 nights. But they certainly won't transfer for that..

The people that think it takes absolute no-life-ing to down some bosses in mythic probably have never played it before. 2 Raid evenings a week each 3h is enought do some decent albeit slow progression, even dragging a few of the worse players along. Especially later in the tier cycle it's way easier than most realize. With people practically getting better gear in M+ even more so.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-10 at 08:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Rift has had free xfers for awhile, there was another one...it was much smaller than even Rift though.

OT I dont have this problem, but I do think the concept of servers as segregated communities needs to die.
    I don't think free transfers is the best solution. We'll run into even more problems with the highly populated realms. Everything but Mythic raiding is basically cross realm so they should just do it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't see the future. Back when I transferred off Uther, Blackrock was one of the most heavily populated servers in the list. That all changed when Blizzard a couple years after my transfer offered free transfers from Blackrock to Aussie realms. Hard to predict that.
    Just so you know I was just busting you balls. When on a large pop server all you can do is dream of a less packed in like sardines server, but then the winds change happen and that upper med-high server becomes a ghost town.

Seems a little silly. If you raid mythic, you probably raid closer to your data center for better latency anyway. So cross realm servers will just give you unnecessary ping.

Don't see the point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Meanwhile, in a different corner of the forums

Fucking Blizzard took away all sense of realm community!!!11
    Ever since Blizzard began opening up cross realm options I haven't understood the above complaint. My community "circle" of friends exploded when OpenRaid first became available. The ease with which I connected with like minded people was amazing. That was a breath of fresh air that resulted in me continuing to play the game for two years beyond what I otherwise would have.

Before OpenRaid I had, I don't know, maybe 25ish battlenet friends. After participating in OpenRaid groups that number easily doubled. Finding groups for heroics and alt raids became so ridiculously easy. As the cross realm interactions opened my list grew till it hit the cap, which I think was initially 100, and then at some point the cap was increased and it continued to grow. I never hit what ever the new cap is.

I haven't been subbed to any Blizzard game since December of 2015 but my battlenet friends list is at a healthy 124 right now. That's more people than several of the high end raiding guilds I belonged to. Lack of realm community? Who the fuck cares. I had a strong cross server community that I felt just as tight with, maybe even more so, than I ever did with any server community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just so you know I was just busting you balls. When on a large pop server all you can do is dream of a less packed in like sardines server, but then the winds change happen and that upper med-high server becomes a ghost town.
    I didn't take it that way at all. My tone was meant to be purely conversational.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you are as hardcore of high end raider as you claim to be, reroll a char on a new server.

Mythic will permanently be locked to realms, and will never be x-realm unless the content is deemed old.
    That's a might bold "never". Once upon a time, no group content was cross-realm. The technical barriers were overcome, and now lots of content is cross-realm. What makes you so sure that just because right now Blizzard think it best to keep the hardest level of content single-realm only, they always will?

I can easily imagine guilds become a cross-realm construct, and then the hardest raid content also being cross-realm.

And isn't the "dead server" issue going to be even worse were the cost reduced or even eliminated.
    Easy to complain about something without thinking about the consequences of the "fix".

Transfers are meant to mean something, as in a decision that is not trivial and repeated as soon as it suits you.
    How else would that be achieved ?
    How do people propose keeping it sufficiently inconvenient to prevent hopping to whatever is the popular or convenient realm at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I don't think free transfers is the best solution. We'll run into even more problems with the highly populated realms. Everything but Mythic raiding is basically cross realm so they should just do it.
    There is no need for server that need to be xfered from. With the CRZ tech they could just shift to a mega server. Make it so you can guild with any one regardless of server and then have it function like parties, all members of the guild are drawn to the same shard. Have 4 mega servers, PvP, PvE, RP PvP, RP PvE. Thats it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There is no need for server that need to be xfered from. With the CRZ tech they could just shift to a mega server. Make it so you can guild with any one regardless of server and then have it function like parties, all members of the guild are drawn to the same shard. Have 4 mega servers, PvP, PvE, RP PvP, RP PvE. Thats it.
    My guess is there's too many players to do that still. They shard/merge zones which is working. But the player still needs to reside on a home server. They may be working towards what you describe as sharding is part of making that happen. There's lots of back end work involved as well. We know they can flip a config change and make Mythic work right now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    My guess is there's too many players to do that still. They shard/merge zones which is working. But the player still needs to reside on a home server. They may be working towards what you describe as sharding is part of making that happen. There's lots of back end work involved as well. We know they can flip a config change and make Mythic work right now.
    That may be, I honestly do not have the knowledge to say one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    They've proven they can allow cross realm content in everything except mythic raiding. They cripple the community that wants to do the highest end of PvE content, but if you're not a connected realm or big realm and want to raid progression then pay up because of a choice many years ago.

This is the easiest question that has ever been asked.

The answer is: Because there is money to be made.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The answer is: Because there is money to be made.
    I have a hard time believing there is any other excuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Yes, why not?
    I'm a pug only player because I can't commit to a raiding schedule, but if I ever get a night off then I want to raid. Most of the time, there isn't a group at that time on my server.
    Good luck with progression mythic raiding with pugs, let us know when u down mythic guldan with pugs.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    They really aren't that expensive, not nearly enough to seriously complain about. Especially since soon you'll be able to buy them with gold.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Good luck with progression mythic raiding with pugs, let us know when u down mythic guldan with pugs.
    Not that far behind your dk in terms of raid progress (5/7m, 3/3 hc), nice attitude though mr pro raider. I don't hope to down guldan mythic, but with mythic being xrealm I would be able to raid more often, and I know there are a lot of people in the same boat.
    It probably will never happen, because Blizzard feels it's the only thing seperating the servers.
    Which I agree with, but if they want more people to step into mythic raids, then this is the way to do it. The amount of hc EN pug groups are insane, I'm sure a lot of those would try mythic if it was more accessble.