Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    So mocking any disability in a movie or tv show for laughs should not done? We should call out these shows and demand an apology?
    This is totally not funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    So mocking any disability in a movie or tv show for laughs should not done? We should call out these shows and demand an apology?
    As she points out in her speech those people arent trying to hold national office, in fact the highest office in the land.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Yes? Is this a trick question? I'm not sure why you think this is a bad thing.

Anyway, your argument is irrelevant to this situation. If you mock someone with a disability by mimicking a disability for the purpose of belittling that person, you are an asshole and need to apologize. This applies to every single person on the planet, from Clem the garbage guy to the President himself. The fact that you don't understand this is mind-boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    He was not doing it to a disabled person. He has not done it to a person in the past. The people that he has done it to in the past were not disabled.
    The fact of the matter is many people don't like him because he tells it like it is. He is not afraid of being politically incorrect and the politically correct crowd just can't stand it. It is part of what won him the election. Geographically, over half of America is sick and tired of PC being shoved down their throats.
    First, your first paragraph is hilarious. "He has not done it before, and the people he did it to before weren't disabled." Can't go three sentences without contradicting yourself. Would you like to try again?

And he tells it like it is, apparently, unless he meant something else or was lying outright. Plenty of people ready to Trumpsplain on his behalf on this forum.
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-01-10 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    As she points out in her speech those people arent trying to hold national office, in fact the highest office in the land.
    We have had worse hold office.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Yes? Is this a trick question? I'm not sure why you think this is a bad thing.

Anyway, your argument is irrelevant to this situation. If you mock someone with a disability by mimicking a disability for the purpose of belittling that person, you are an asshole and need to apologize. This applies to every single person on the planet, from Clem the garbage guy to the President himself. The fact that you don't understand this is mind-boggling.
    I am just trying to establish what the standard is, because nobody gets upset when Hollywood does it for laughs. Now that they have someone to drag across the coals they are gonna stand up and feign outrage?

Deleted
    Not really. He can legally hold office and he passed the vote, aka wining. Being the president doesn't mean you need to be a good person or even a good guy, means you need to get job done. Same as in any job. People are nice at work because they need to or because of their character. The fact that some parts of America, Hollywood represented a lot, is butthurt about Trump wining just shows how much they are out of touch of reality.

Sides in the presidental race was like: "

- 90% of dem's -> Hillary won't lose to Trump, Trump can't win
    - 10% of dem's -> Hillary is bad but meah better than Trump

- 70% of rep -> Trump won't win, Hillary won't let him
    - 30% of rep -> Trump will win, praise kek

Dem's are the butthurt bunch, for the rest of us Trump wining is just a surprise, maybe a good one.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2017-01-10 at 09:24 PM.

We have had worse hold office.

I am just trying to establish what the standard is, because nobody gets upset when Hollywood does it for laughs. Now that they have someone to drag across the coals they are gonna stand up and feign outrage?
    Really? Nobody gets upset? Citation needed, I think.

And again, this is false equivalency. If a movie targeted a critic, say, and mocked that critic's disability for the purpose of diminishing his criticism of the movie's producer, then you'd have an equal situation. Saying it was 'just for laughs' when Trump did it is a massive lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Not really. He can legally hold office and he passed the vote, aka wining. Being the president doesn't mean you need to be a good person or even a good guy, means you need to get job done. Same as in any job. People are nice at work because they need to or because of their character. The fact that some parts of America, Hollywood represented a lot, is butthurt about Trump wining just shows how much they are out of touch of reality.

Sides in the presidental race was like: "

- 90% of dem's -> Hillary won't lose to Trump, Trump can't win
    - 10% of dem's -> Hillary is bad but meah better than Trump

- 70% of rep -> Trump won't win, Hillary won't let him
    - 30% of rep -> Trump will win, praise kek

Dem's are the butthurt bunch, for the rest of us Trump wining is just a surprise, maybe a good one.
    She didnt say he couldnt be president this is the most obtuse possible understanding you could derive. Her opinion was that the president should be held to a higher standard not that he had t be. Yes your gross orange skinned smalled handed pussy grabbing hero is president. Thats not for dispute. How he should behave himself is another matter entirely.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The takeaway is that the "leader of the free world" is publicly taking potshots at anybody who disagrees with him. It's disgusting and shameful.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that Conservatives are mad that she wasn't being PC. Why is always the anti-pc crowd that gets mad about someone not being PC?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Oh yes, she abuses a situation to attack people..
    Says the guy who mentioned liberals 11 times in his last 25 posts.

You guys really don't get it.
    Most of the world hates Trump because he acts like that to people.
    You didn't refute that Meryl Streep just wanted to attack Trump, not that she cared about disable people. She is trash.

And why does it matter the number of times I mention liberals? Is there a quota or something?

You don't speak for most of the world. You don't know how most of the world thinks. The "world" is not the Hollywood elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    You didn't refute that Meryl Streep just wanted to attack Trump, not that she cared about disable people. She is trash.

And why does it matter the number of times I mention liberals? Is there a quota or something?

You don't speak for most of the world. You don't know how most of the world thinks. The "world" is not the Hollywood elite.
    Really though, most world leaders dislike him as well.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Really? Nobody gets upset? Citation needed, I think.
    Not sure I can provide citations of something that doesnt exist. "Me, MySelf and Irene", "There's SOmething about Mary" and on and on.

And again, this is false equivalency. If a movie targeted a critic, say, and mocked that critic's disability for the purpose of diminishing his criticism of the movie's producer, then you'd have an equal situation. Saying it was 'just for laughs' when Trump did it is a massive lie.
    If Trump didnt do it for laughs then why did he do it? Mind you, his impression for everyone is the same. So its funny when he does it about Ted Cruz, but not for the reporter because he happens to be handicapped?

She didnt say he couldnt be president this is the most obtuse possible understanding you could derive. Her opinion was that the president should be held to a higher standard not that he had t be. Yes your gross orange skinned smalled handed pussy grabbing hero is president. Thats not for dispute. How he should behave himself is another matter entirely.
    He should be held to a higher standard. However lets face it, Trump is not the first and wont be the last person to bring shame on the office. He hasnt even taken oath of office yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Really though, most world leaders dislike him as well.
    Who are these world leaders you speak off? The countries that matter either are neutral to Trump, or amicable.

If Trump didnt do it for laughs then why did he do it? Mind you, his impression for everyone is the same. So its funny when he does it about Ted Cruz, but not for the reporter because he happens to be handicapped?
    He did it to belittle the person he's mocking. Are you insane? Are you not paying attention? How obvious does it have to be?

It's not funny when he does it to Cruz, because it's mimicking the way disabled people move. If you think that's funny, you're either a dick or you're twelve years old. The fact that he did it to someone with an actual disability just makes it worse.

His own country dislikes him.
    Typical leaders only have approval ratings that low right before they disband the government.
    His own country voted him into office.

Oh yes, people are trash if they share their opinion in a speech.
    And so what? What if she wanted to attack him? Who wouldn't want to attack Trump for any of the countless despicable things he has said or done?
    She is self-righteous hypocrite, that's the point. She used a person's disability for political purposes, not because she cares about the disabled (she doesn't, otherwise she would have condemned the racist attack on that handicapped white teenager), but because she wanted to attack the president elect in a circle jerk of hollywood eliteness and smugness.

Really? Even your own country hates him.
    And Pew did research on it.
    http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/...rope-and-asia/
    As for a comparison: http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/08/05/...und-the-world/
    Even Putin ranks higher than Trump in Europe.
    Polls lost their credibility. They are clearly biased and do not reflect reality.

It was an oddly specific thing to speak about, given the breadth of other issues involved with the person whom she was speaking of.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Which is quite reasonable if trump talks about mexican rapists.
    Are you saying there are no mexican rapists then? Unlike every other country in the world, there's no rapists in Mexico. Right.

Talking about mexican rapists is not racism. Because they do exist. Just like there are rapists born in the USA, in Canada, in Germany, in Japan, in pretty much every country out there at one point or another.

"Grabbing by the pussy" is just dominant?
    It is what it is, I suppose it can be interpreted in differnt ways, but considering it's consentual ("and they let you do it"), I don't think it's any of anyone's business to judge especially considering it's so out of context. Still an idiotic, out of place and tasteless thing to say even if he was not running for president, but it doesn't make him a sexist misogynist patriarchal rapist.

Yes, like your post. You are just creating alt right propaganda.
    Very funny considering the fact you actually defended everything he said.
    Shocking, attacking my post by using one more of those buzzwords.

It's hardly that, considering:
    A) I'm not really involved in politics, probably less interested in it than I should, and I don't benefit from it any more than any other citizen in my country (which happens not to be the USA).
    B) I'm not anywhere near alt right, in fact I'm closer to Libertarian Left than I am to alt right. I'm just not an extremist and I am strongly agaisnt the authoritarianism and totalitarianism the regressive left pushes.
    C) I'm not defending Trump's view or pushing his or his party's ideologies or politics. I am merely taking what is said about him with skepticism and rationality, and challenging those claims that happen to be agaisnt him.

And no, he is not reasonable. He is manipulative.
    Yes, just like pretty much nearly every other politician, from both parties. I guess that means they are all unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Does the involvement of controlled substances make it any more a sexual crime?

According to the statements and the wiki the Qualuude that Polanski and Greimer shared seemed to be consensual -- the sex act itself seems more of he said/she said but the only actual crime Polanski was found guilty of is sex with a minor. Those teachers were found guilty of much more...yet what they did is OK to those like yourself?
    The victim of Polanski said otherwise.

GEIMER: And I was like, yes, I need to go home because I'm not feeling well. And then that progressed to, you know, eventually why don't you come in here an lay down into a very dark room and that's when I really realized, you know, what his intentions were.

KING: Did he forcibly rape you?

GEIMER: You know, I said no. I didn't fight him off. I said like, no, no, I don't want to go in there, no. I don't want to do this, no. And then I didn't know what else to do. We were alone. And I didn't want to -- I didn't know what would happen if I made a scene.

I was just scared and after giving some resistance figured, well, I guess I'll get to go home after this.

KING: So you completed the sexual act.

GEIMER: Right.

KING: It was just straight sex, nothing else?

GEIMER: It was all kinds of...

KING: Did you ask you to do other things?

GEIMER: He did things and I didn't do anything.

KING: So he did but you didn't.

GEIMER: Right.

-----

But why believe the victim, right? /s

And, I didn't see your edited post until later, but care to name names of Trump supporters? I don't really remember too many users on here aside from the memefied ones or mods, and the ones I do remember aren't there from what I glanced through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I applaud Ms Streep for her speech at the golden globes, , you could tell it was from the heart and with a lot of passion behind it.
    The world needs more people standing up to that psychopathic megalomaniac.
    What is more telling, is that instead of doing something about the way he is perceived, he instantly went on an attack on Twitter about her abilities as an actress.
    Dear trump, you cannot run an entire nation in under 140 characters, delete your account already.
    Oh and before I get "typical Hillary supporter" never supported her, just wouldn't support this tango reject either

Yeah, I'm with you on this--his tirade against her was very tasteless even by his standards (Non-standards?). She has always been classy and her speech was great that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Nihilianth doesn't know what approval ratings are.
    The only numbers that matter to me are the ones from the electoral college. They are concrete and meaningful.

"Help, someone dissed God-Failure Trump! Let's bash and smear them!"
    Shit, you guys are pathetic.
    I think it's more pathetic trying to defend a hypocrite Hollywood celebrity. If she doesn't care about handicapped people, what makes you think she will two fucks about you and what you think?

The modern day alt-righter: "Facts loss their credibility. They are clearly biased and do not reflect how I feel."
    Get yourself together people.
    Trying to pass opinion polls as facts makes you looks delusional and naive. I think you are living in this alternate reality where polls got everything right, Trump lost by a landslide, and Madam President was on the cover of Time's magazine.