Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it's a design problem. Objectives in BGs are just not fun, and I don't blame players for not staying behind to defend a flag.

"Stop trying so hard, it's just rbg"

"Stop trying so hard, it's just a bg"

"Stop trying so hard, its just a pug"

"Stop trying so hard, it's just a game"

"Just shut up and have fun"

As an avid moba player & WoW PvPer here's a PSA from the community: If you spin either of the above sentences in any way you're an actual reason we can't have nice things, and you should not play PvP. PvP is a competition, and if you're not in it to compete you should stop ruining other peoples' games. I wish WoW had legit bot BGs so those people can go and 'have fun' without ruining games for the other 9-39 people on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    For me, the main reason for doing a random BG is for the 100k ap from the win. So if we lose, I pretty much see it as a waste of 10 min.

A lot of the time if I see we have a downs team (no one caps the first flag, or we immediately get 4 flag capped, etc) I literally just /afk out at the beginning and do other things and try again in 15min when deserter debuff is gone.
    I do exactly the same thing. It works out well honestly, there is enough stuff to do that I fill the 15 minute deserter buff. I look at it as if I am being efficient with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Some people have fun winning and go to BG's to win?

Who the fuck likes losing anyway? I never get this viewpoint, you sound like someone who calls people "tryhards." Just because I'm playing casually doesn"t mean I have to accept losing.
    This. If all games were meant to be played simply for fun, they wouldn't have a winner and a loser.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I think it's a design problem. Objectives in BGs are just not fun, and I don't blame players for not staying behind to defend a flag.
    Depends on your class. Some stealth classes have fun defending a base in AB because some unsuspecting player will come alone trying to cap.

I've been saying it for a while now that WoW needs a team death match mode for people like the OP. Don't want to be bothered with onbjectives, that's fine, queue up for the "smash faces" BG where the only objective is to reach a number of kills before the other team or get more kills in X amount of time. Seems like a fairly simple solution to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I wish WoW had legit bot BGs so those people can go and 'have fun' without ruining games for the other 9-39 people on their team.
    Hmm, that is not a bad idea honestly. We know they have bots, they have talked about them being used to test things. I wonder what the difference between playing a bot in heroes of the storm versus playing a bot in wow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherV20 View Post
    I've been saying it for a while now that WoW needs a team death match mode for people like the OP. Don't want to be bothered with onbjectives, that's fine, queue up for the "smash faces" BG where the only objective is to reach a number of kills before the other team or get more kills in X amount of time. Seems like a fairly simple solution to me.
    Kotmogu was the answer to this type of request. The objective is literally to kill players as much as possible.

you get more honor for winning. what is the point of this thread

Deleted
    Because winning is exactly what they are for. They are instanced PvP with a clear set of rules and goals. You do not play chess to hit your opponent over the head with the board for no good reason, you do not take a break in the middle of a relay race or start a brawl during a tennis match.

All of these games for the most part have no "high stakes" but they still very much have rules and goals. Unlike any others, people can' chose whom to play with here. Otherwise you'd be the kid nobody wants to play with or the very last pick during sport classes because everyone knows you are just mucking around and sabotaging your own team for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I do exactly the same thing. It works out well honestly, there is enough stuff to do that I fill the 15 minute deserter buff. I look at it as if I am being efficient with my time.
    Another good tip is queuing up as Alliance via merc (if you play Horde). 2m queue vs 8+min queue for Horde and we win just as many games.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Hmm, that is not a bad idea honestly. We know they have bots, they have talked about them being used to test things. I wonder what the difference between playing a bot in heroes of the storm versus playing a bot in wow?

- - - Updated - - -

Kotmogu was the answer to this type of request. The objective is literally to kill players as much as possible.
    Kotmogu still has additional objectives, I don't think you can ignore the orbs to just kill people and win. I meant a BG for purely farming KBs, an actual TDM.

I can't stand having people on my team that don't care about losing.

Deleted
    Because winning is fun and losing isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to go back to vanilla style BGS where each BG had its own token system. Remember that? needing AV, AB, WSG tokens to buy the PVP mounts... man I was so happy getting my black war sabre/tiger! Heck even getting the AV stormpike charger and tabard!

Deleted
    Because i`m proud member of the Horde
    Also Battlegrounds are strategic fields if you just want to crush sculls around go in the Skrimish arenas its perfect place for ppl like you

Of course there are people that take RBG's way too serious. But "too serious" and "wanting to win" are VERY different.

When I lose a RBG I don't get my panties in a knot - half the time it's shitty comp anyway. But I'd still much prefer to win.

It's more exciting, more rewarding, and IS the objective.

No one can force you to do the objective, sure. But bitching that other people are essentially suggesting you play it as intended is hilariously ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I like to have fun. This is exactly the crap I hear from the ragers in BGs.
    "I like to have fun" is the excuse I see shitty players use for throwing matches and outright trolling(I've seen this in OW, HotS, LoL, and WoW). I like to have fun, I also like to win.

The other part of it is the rewards for losing are significantly worse than those for winning. Don't go into any competitive environment if you're not there to compete, it is just rude. Yes, quick play/random BGs/quick match are all competitive, you're playing against and with humans. Stick to bot matches and solo content if you don't want to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any content you do in a group (group content) should be done with 1 goal in mind: completing it as fast as possible in the way it's ment to be done to make it more enjoyable for everyone.
    If you rather play the way you want download a single player game or go to places you don't interfere in group related content.
    People like you are te reason LFG, LFR and Battlegrounds are the worst places to be. It might sound harsh but that's how MULTIplayer games are.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

There's a lot of people not understanding that I like to win too. I'm not deliberately trolling these people. I'm just pissed off because every 2nd BG I enter I end up with one of these dickheads that order people around and throw a hissy fit when things go wrong.

There's no reason for all this anger in BGs. Games are meant for fun, and THEY are the ones ruining experiences for other because of how hostile the community can be. Wish there was a way around it other than "get a thicker skin", but alas.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Winning is kinda the point of the BG and you get way more rewards if you do. Of course some people over react and go over board. Some people also go in and just waste everybody else's time and make it next to impossible to win or compete.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This is the reason why rnd bgs should give you rewards based on your personal score for that specific bg.
    You played objectives and try to win that bg, higher rewards. You spent most of your time killing some low hp/poor classes and got yourself multiple times killed, lower rewards.

It's totaly simple. Flags defended/attacked, dmg on gates in those bgs, flags captured/secured, time with the orb,etc.
    Kills should nearly count nothing.

It's about time those "i wanna bash only ppl" mentaly stops. I can't count how often, in the previous expansion, i saw some DK/Warri/etc who always picked some fresh max lvl/no gear char, killed him and was killed by 1-2 "normal player". When you have more from that type it can win the bg also,but most of the time you have 2-4 ppl who camp 1-2 lowgeared while the rest dominates the others.