Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Valeera has been present in WoW at many times over the years. She originated from the comics/books, and was a slave/gladiator same as Varian and fought on his team while he was missing.
    She's been present in a lot of the big patches hanging around other notable alliance figures beside varian at times.
    She's also present a lot in Legion in the Rogue class hall chain and is a rogue champion.
    She is effectively the game's "face of rogues" the same way Chen is for monks, or Malfurion is for druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Peeps also talking about such boring characters here.... Leah? The chick that's only notable for being Deckard Cain's relative, and all she does in D3 is follow you, worry about her uncle, then die. This is why so many of the characters, even main ones, from other franchises are not being used - they're not "epic" in the manner that Blizzard defines. Leah may have been a main character but she was a useless plot device with almost no character or background, was not heroic or epic or even interesting in any manner. Terrible choice to cite for other franchises.
    WoW characters on the other hand are almost always more fleshed out and combat-oriented to begin with, and are well suited to Heroes.

Even a standard, dime-a-dozen Siege Tank unit from Sc2 is more interesting and epic than Leah and justifies becoming a hero (sgt hammer) more than her.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    She is effectively the game's "face of rogues" the same way Chen is for monks, or Malfurion is for druids.
    That is...not much of a comparison. I have literally never seen Valeera in game, so that's certainly not much of a face. OTOH, I've seen Chen and Malf plenty of times. You can get through all of WoW, even getting lore master and stuff, without EVER seeing Valeera, or even knowing she exists, unless you're a rogue, and only then cause she's in your class hall. Whereas is doesn't matter it you're a death knight, a rogue, a paladin, whatever, if you're playing through the game, you WILL cross paths with Chen and Malf.

Deleted
    Valeera is cool but i hope they will make soon imperius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    its cuz she is dressed like a whore
    them's fighting words.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Good guys:
    Aidan (Diablo 1 warrior)
    Don't you already have him? I mean... at least... what used to be his body?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That is...not much of a comparison. I have literally never seen Valeera in game, so that's certainly not much of a face. OTOH, I've seen Chen and Malf plenty of times. You can get through all of WoW, even getting lore master and stuff, without EVER seeing Valeera, or even knowing she exists, unless you're a rogue, and only then cause she's in your class hall. Whereas is doesn't matter it you're a death knight, a rogue, a paladin, whatever, if you're playing through the game, you WILL cross paths with Chen and Malf.
    She's not as prominent as those major lore characters - she is not one of the high, high tier power characters like varian, malf and such. But she is the face of rogues all the same, and there's nobody else considerable for that "title" except perhaps garona - but they chose Valeera for the face of rogue in hearthstone, and now they're choosing her for the "WoW rogue" character type for Heroes.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    She's not as prominent as those major lore characters - she is not one of the high, high tier power characters like varian, malf and such. But she is the face of rogues all the same, and there's nobody else considerable for that "title" except perhaps garona - but they chose Valeera for the face of rogue in hearthstone, and now they're choosing her for the "WoW rogue" character type for Heroes.
    This guy gets it.

Being the face of rogues in Hearthstone arguably makes her the most recognized one in Warcraft. Even Garona's history is unfortunately antequated, and her appearance in the Warcraft movie hardly portrayed her as a Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Being the face of rogues in Hearthstone arguably makes her the most recognized one in Warcraft. Even Garona's history is unfortunately antequated, and her appearance in the Warcraft movie hardly portrayed her as a Rogue.
    Ummm what happends in Warcraft movie, stays in Warcraft movie? I mean, generally many facts and events are not close to prime lore in games.

Deleted
    I think it is time for a new support tbh

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Ummm what happends in Warcraft movie, stays in Warcraft movie? I mean, generally many facts and events are not close to prime lore in games.
    I'm mostly talking about how recognizable the characters are to the fanbase, in general. Garona may have had more (arguably mainstream) exposure through comics and the movie, but I still think Hearthstone reaches out to a much larger audience. Outside of enthusiasts who know the lore, people may not be aware of Garona whereas they might recognize Valeera through Hearthstone.

If I had to explain which hero was being added to Heroes to my casual friends, Valeera is 'that Rogue elf chick in Hearthstone' while Garona ends up being 'that green slave girl from the Warcraft movie'
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-10 at 05:56 PM.

Garona is a Rogue in Legion. The daggers she used to kill King Llane are the sin rogue artifact.

There was going to be a warcraft rogue eventually but Valeera is literally the most boring pick they could have made. I'd rather they invented a new character (preferably a Forsaken) than use her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not Garona? Probably too many orcs already.
    Why not VanCleef? Probably too many humans.

An undead rogue could be cool, Moroes and Lilian Voss come to mind. As for Valeera, the Hearthstone connection is probably the most likely reason. With only 3 primary abilities and 2 ults though, there's a lot of variations that can be made across 3 different rogue specs, as well as thematically appropriate abilities that can be imagined. I'm sure we will see others in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post

An undead rogue could be cool, Moroes and Lilian Voss come to mind. As for Valeera, the Hearthstone connection is probably the most likely reason. With only 3 primary abilities and 2 ults though, there's a lot of variations that can be made across 3 different rogue specs, as well as thematically appropriate abilities that can be imagined. I'm sure we will see others in the future.
    Lilian isn't exactly a rogue though. Dunno what she is, but she's basically brimming with some sort of arcane/shadow power

Moroes would be fun as hell though. Especially with quote interactions with Medivh

*STAB STAB STAB STAB*
    "Oh dear, I've gone and made a mess"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post

Well she is in WoW Legion too inside the Rogue Order Hall and she does stuff.
    For the Horde!

Yeah but there's a billion Rogues in the Order Hall that do stuff... There's so many to pick from in WoW, which is why the Hearthstone connection seems the most relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That's why i love HOTS teasers for new heroes! They are more fun than in LoL.

Btw. Reveal tomorrow?

time to change topic title
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Yeah but there's a billion Rogues in the Order Hall that do stuff... There's so many to pick from in WoW, which is why the Hearthstone connection seems the most relevant.
    She is pretty much the main neutral rogue atm.

If we had to get another warcraft char I wish they would have went with a draenei instead. We have Humans, goblins, gnomes, worgen, trolls, pandaren, night elves, blood elves, orcs, dwarves, foresaken (sylvanas), and tauren. The only playable race left is Draenei.