Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Experts worried after Hundreds of neo-Nazis have 'gone underground' in Germany

LONDON — There were 600 arrest warrants for neo-Nazis outstanding in Germany last month, Deutsche Welle reports.

Some 454 arrest warrants for were issued in 2016 alone for people who "have been deemed on account of relevant police information to belong to the category 'crime motivated by the political right.'" Ninety-two of them are being sought for politically motivated crimes.

Those people have "gone underground" which, according to Matthias Quent, a researcher into right-wing extremism who spoke to DW, increases the risk of creating new right-wing extremist terrorist structures.

"The discourse is incredibly uninhibited," he told DW. "If the perception is that the state is no longer capable of protecting its borders, or its people, from terrorism, there is an increase in the perceived legitimacy of forming one's own organisations, of resorting to violence oneself, of arming oneself."

German government: Far-right extremists have grown 8%

After years of decline, the number of people who are thought to be far-right extremists in Germany grew nearly 8% from 21,000 in 2014 to 22,600 in 2015, according to Interior Ministry data released in June last year.

In its annual report, the Interior Ministry added that the "intensity of right-wing extremist militancy" was observed in spring 2015 — and it has only got more pronounced since then, with in resurgence of threats against journalists and politicians.

This date coincides with the start of a mass arrival of asylum seekers in Germany. Attacks against refugee centres have grown and in October 2015, Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker — a supporter of Chancellor Angela Merkel's "welcome-policy" toward refugees — was stabbed in the neck by an anti-immigration protester.

A man takes part in a demonstration in the east German city of Bautzen, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016 after clashes between far-right protesters and migrants this week. Slogan reads 'natural hardness - born in the east (of Germany)'. A man takes part in a demonstration in the east German city of Bautzen, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016 after clashes between far-right protesters and migrants this week. Slogan reads 'natural hardness - born in the east (of Germany)'. AP Photo/Jens Meyer

During his trial, it emerged that the attacker, known as Frank S, had previously been active in far-right movements in Germany, and participated in a demonstration in honour of Adolf Hitler's Deputy Führer, Rudolf Hess.
    'Exorbitant increase in right-wing violence'

The Interior Ministry report mentions an "exorbitant increase in right-wing extremist violence," and highlights that the high number of refugees coming into the country encouraged a now wide-spread connectivity between right-wing extremists.

The increase is a Europe-wide phenomenon — and the movement is not just an underground one. Everywhere in the EU, far-right parties have seen a huge resurgence in support bringing it to levels not seen sine World War Two.

In the Netherlands, Geert Wilders — head of the Party for Freedom — was just convicted by a Dutch court for hate speech. He is expected to come very close to power in the next elections in March.

In France, Marine Le Pen, head of the far-right Front National, is set to easily make it to the second round of the French presidential elections in May. And in Germany the anti-immigrant party, Alternative für Deutschland, has made huge strides in the last regional elections and is currently polling at around 15 percent.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/hundr...germany-2017-1

Doesn't look good but I sure hope that the authorities are able to get a handle on this situation. One possible step for the time being should be increased security at high risk targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile another group that shall remain nameless is already underground and regularly commits mass killings in the EU.

Can't talk about them though. Its racist to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Meanwhile another group that shall remain nameless is already underground and regularly commits mass killings in the EU.

I don't follow. This is a top news story today so why can't we discuss it?

Deleted

Pretty much this to be honest. If you read the article it says that when people feel their government is unable to protect them, they're more likely to be right wing radicals. And the truth is that European governments can't really protect their citizens due to the Wilkommenskultur that took place in Germany. Once the terrorists are in Europe, they can travel from one side of the continent to the other in hours, completely unhindered.

That's the problem with the Freedom of Movement - It's brilliant on the face of it but in reality it just doesn't hold up. Yet anyone who says this is apparently a racist lunatic. And why I personally voted to leave the EU in our referendum here in the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    He's talking about Islamic terrorists travelling to Europe with refugees from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Eritrea, etc.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I approve of this ownage post. Get rekt OP, beta

It is almost like kicking in people's door and arresting them for wrong think has consequences.

Congratulations Germany rather then engaging your population and trying to compromise you are pushing them into hiding. All they have done is made them stronger with their actions. At the rate its going the tables will be turned sooner then later.

It only took one post to turn this into an anti-muslim thread. Good work people. Let's leave those heroic neo-nazis alone and instead attack the refugees.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It only took one post to turn this into an anti-muslim thread. Good work people. Let's leave those heroic neo-nazis alone and instead attack the refugees.
    Just today I heard on the radio while driving to work that there's more people applying for self defense courses, obtaining weapon permissions, buying defensive tools like pepper sprays and so on than ever in German history. I might know the reasons for that, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I mention refugees?

Did I defend neo-nazis?

In fact I did neither of those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Just today I heard on the radio while driving to work that there's more people applying for self defense courses, obtaining weapon permissions, buying defensive tools like pepper sprays and so on than ever in German history. I might know the reasons for that, do you?
    A rise in hate crimes has no doubt driven many minorities to take self defense courses. It's the same thing here.

Thise who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

The german government only loses when it forces its political enemies into hiding.

I push buttons is just being racist. He thinks because he doesn't say the words that it is OK but the intent is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If by "mass killings" you mean not paying for train tickets.

A report released by the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation in November 2015 found that over the period January–September 2015, the crime rate of refugees was the same as that of native Germans.[58] According to Deutsche Welle, the report "concluded that the majority of crimes committed by refugees (67 percent) consisted of theft, robbery and fraud. Sex crimes made for less than 1 percent of all crimes committed by refugees, while homicide registered the smallest fraction at 0,1 percent."[58] According to the conservative newspaper Die Welt's description of the report, the most common crime committed by refugees was not paying fares on public transportation.[59] According to Deutsche Welle's reporting in February 2016 of a report by the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, the number of crimes committed by refugees did not rise in proportion to the number of refugees between 2014-2015.[60] According to Deutsche Welle, "between 2014 and 2015, the number of crimes committed by refugees increased by 79 percent. Over the same period, however, the number of refugees in Germany increased by 440 percent."

In May 2016, Politifact deemed Donald Trump's statement that "Germany "is crime-riddled right now" because of migration to Europe" as mostly false.[61] The fact-checker noted that Germany's crime rate, particularly the violent crime rate, is far lower than in the United States, and that data suggest that the crime rate of the average refugee is lower than that of the average German.[61]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr..._crime#Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    A rise in hate crimes has no doubt driven many minorities to take self defense courses. It's the same thing here.
    But I'm talking about German citizens living in their own country who are not feeling safe anymore.

What kind of hate crimes are you talking about by the way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you for real? Is he/she/it for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    There are probably a lot of reasons for that. Anti-muslim sentiment is likely one of those reasons. But then of course there's also the rise of neo-nazi groups. To try and boil it down to just one thing is arrogantly naive.

Regardless, the point of this thread is to discuss Neo-Nazis...not muslim refugees.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

There are probably a lot of reasons for that. Anti-muslim sentiment is likely one of those reasons. But then of course there's also the rise of neo-nazi groups. To try and boil it down to just one thing is arrogantly naive.

Regardless, the point of this thread is to discuss Neo-Nazis...not muslim refugees.
    To be fair they are going to be mentioned as they are the main driving force of the reforming of the nazi party.

Deleted
    can somebody explain to me why right wing extreme nazicism is on the rise currently?
    one might wonders if the politicians do something that would make normal people go all Hitler and stuff, but so far every single politician of a western country has acted perfectly reasonable with only their own population, the people that voted for them, in consideration to their deeds.

It really is worrying. Let's hope with all the nazis gone underground the lefties are not going to destroy civil property again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    To be fair they are going to be mentioned as they are the main driving force of the reforming of the nazi party.
    And two wrongs don't make a right.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the interviewer says "perception that the government can't protect you" as if the EU hasn't given anyone any reason to think that they're incompetent.