Thread: I like new MM

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking I like new MM

MM in a better spot now that it was before.

1. Single target is the same if not slightly higher. 2 million damage crits are fun. The rotation feels better without sidewinders and barrage.

2. AOE feels like it back to the good ole days. Multi shot spamming until a proc then unloading Marked -> Aimed x3 feels good. I also don't have to worry about pulling mobs that are a mile away with barrage and sidewinders.

3. Movement hurts, but it isn't terrible. Yes, you are going to lose a portion of DPS but the rotation can still be executed with movement opportunities.

4. Target switching is more consistent. Previously if you did not have a sidewinders proc or windburst up switching really hurt. The increased marking targets proc chance is nice QoL change.

Overall, the changes are good. If we are doing less damage than other classes in raid scenarios, they can tune the numbers. Low movement fights we are low -> buff Aimed. High movement fights we are low -> buff arcane/marked shot. It just makes sense. GJ Devs.

Honestly can't tell if serious.

If shitpost, 10/10 that's some quality right here.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecadetb View Post
    MM in a better spot now that it was before.

1. Single target is the same if not slightly higher. 2 million damage crits are fun. The rotation feels better without sidewinders and barrage.
    True, ST is about the same/slightly higher, problem? Some classes 20 Ilvls lower than us are pulling 100k+ more DPS than us.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    True, ST is about the same/slightly higher, problem? Some classes 20 Ilvls lower than us are pulling 100k+ more DPS than us.
    Yes, this could be happening. In which case they have easy tuning options for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Honestly can't tell if serious.

If shitpost, 10/10 that's some quality right here.
    Totally serious.

Making another account just to post this crap? gz.

Yes, this could be happening. In which case they have easy tuning options for us.

Totally serious.

Sure, but when? and will it be too late? probably.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Making another account just to post this crap? gz.
    First account, just wanted to post a different perspective.

Sure, but when? and will it be too late? probably.
    Numbers are easy to tune. They did it with shadow priests fairly quickly.

You can do 3 aimshots after marked shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, my 862 Aff Lock out damages my 884 MM Hunter. Raid leader wont let me re-roll =(

Quote Originally Posted by Triipid View Post
    You can do 3 aimshots after marked shot?
    you'll need a little bit of haste. I think I was fitting those in with 16%?

And my alt is a WW monk, rip.

For AoE, we won't get a chance to do anything other than Multi shot > Marked shot. Adds will die too fast to hit them with a trick shot aimed shot unless you have lock and load.

For single target, the rotation is clunky and un-intuitive. Vulnerable lasts for 7 seconds, but it's up and ticking almost straight away after firing marked shot, leaving us with anywhere from 0.5-1.5s of GCD to sit through before firing 3 aimed shots. Until you hit 16% haste, you can't even really fire 3 aimed shots without having to weave arcane shots, either. And weaving arcane shots means MORE marking targets procs.

We're now a spec that's FULL of procs that we DONT WANT TO USE. With talents that clash with each other (trick shot being the best talent, with True Aim getting dicked over if you use them together after an AoE marked shot) and a single target playstyle that just feels BAD to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    For AoE, we won't get a chance to do anything other than Multi shot > Marked shot. Adds will die too fast to hit them with a trick shot aimed shot unless you have lock and load.

For single target, the rotation is clunky and un-intuitive. Vulnerable lasts for 7 seconds, but it's up and ticking almost straight away after firing marked shot, leaving us with anywhere from 0.5-1.5s of GCD to sit through before firing 3 aimed shots. Until you hit 16% haste, you can't even really fire 3 aimed shots without having to weave arcane shots, either. And weaving arcane shots means MORE marking targets procs.

We're now a spec that's FULL of procs that we DONT WANT TO USE. With talents that clash with each other (trick shot being the best talent, with True Aim getting dicked over if you use them together after an AoE marked shot) and a single target playstyle that just feels BAD to play.
    Well after little test on ToV LFR i can be agree with you.First way to much procks its does not mater much but problem 2 is that i`m constantly busy with getting focus for AiS (if i use windshot vulnersability get wasted ) and most important thing here is that BM can hit all 3 tentacles behind with cleave but MM cannot hit them with MS same situation is with the osses from the spread...Only good thing here who i like is that you can fire 1 aimed on the new target no mater do can put Mark on or not
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-01-11 at 12:36 PM.

Numbers are easy to tune. They did it with shadow priests fairly quickly.
    Yeah, fairly quickly, like after two raid dungeons were on farm....

Not talking numbers here, just "feel" of the spec, I do think it's better than last (7.0) iteration of the spec, but it's still bad.

And in PvP... damn, all shots are nerfed heavily in PvP. Feels like I'm shooting blanks while immobile and hitting like wet noodles when moving. I don't understand it; a warrior or monk can stun-kill me in a few seconds, while I can't drop their health so fast even if they are totally ignoring me and within range.

SW/PS was the only thing that made the new, unbelievably imbecilic Legion "design" even somewhat work. Now though, we have the choice to have minutely better single target, or... hmm, our spread cleave went bye-bye... um utility? Wait no, how about mediocre stacked AoE, featuring an awkward desecration of the name "Explosive Shot"?

And damned if wearing out the Arcane Shot key isn't the most fun ever! Nothing like tickling mobs until you can afford a few decent shots, because managing a resource has always been so fun! Sure it takes some skill, mainly the discipline to not walk away from this pile of shit.

This post dedicated with "love" to all the thundering moron Blizz ass-kissers during alpha/PTR/every other place they can use the blown-to-shit "just wait" excuse. Maybe if Blizz put half the money into actual devs that they do into paid forum trolls, we wouldn't have seen all classes butchered.

"I like the new MM", my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

OP... you're crazy. The Devs did NOT do a good job. They did a lazy half assed job and while the goal was to destroy the one thing MM had going for it (spread cleave), they managed to ruin the rotation even more and make it feel more clunky than ever. Got a proc? Ok now spam arcane shots x 3-4, use proc, now spam aimed shots x3!

The rotation feels horrible and the more movement and factors you have the worse its going to preform. Vulnerable is NOT a good design and needs to be scrapped.

Deleted
    Frankly - right now I couldn't give two shits about being so far behind DPS at the moment as MM. What's killing me is these changes (personal opinion) have made it beyond clunky to play. It's just not fun anymore. Gonna play my under geared BM for the time being. MM stopped being fun.

I like it more than Sidewinders. Stupid ability for marksman that looks stupid.

Sure, SW looks bizzare, but it was the only thing making MM work near the end of alpha, when they didn't have time to toss out the whole retarded vuln idea and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/