Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    He won, at least in his mind. The only way to get him to think otherwise is a life time alone. Not saying he would like but death is too easy.
    You might be right, but I have my doubts that life in prison would do anything other than cement and reinforce is loathsome ideology.

It's too bad we subject our society and justice system to vengeance. Hopefully someday in the future we grow out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    He clearly deserved the death penalty. Who is against this?
    Me, not seeing much practical purpose in it. It's all personal satisfaction.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the kind of death row where he'll sponge off taxpayers for like a decade or more before it happens?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's too bad we subject our society and justice system to vengeance. Hopefully someday in the future we grow out of it.
    The other approach is rehabilitation, which only work son people receptive to it and have the capability for doing so. Roof...is neither of those criteria.

In which case a vengense punishment of life w/o parole or death penalty is appropriate given his crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the guards will bring him Burger King and other tasty treats in prison?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Killing him will not bring back the people he killed, and it will not make people feel better...
    Oh yeah it does.

Anders Behring Breivik should be put to death. Every time he surfaces in the news which is about once a year it opens old wounds that all those families of children have.

By killing him, you're erasing him, as well as you can anyways.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im ok with this.

Then again, I'm generally ok with the death penalty where the proof is irrefutable.
    This is my stance as well. He killed 9 people in cold blood and feels not a shred of remorse and says he'd do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He hasn't asked for a life sentence, and is okay with death. I see no reason to deny the execution.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    It's pretty funny and disturbing how quickly people who preach that death sentences in this day and age are "barbaric," and yet in this case they are reveling in the death of another.

Disgusting and hypocritical, but I expect nothing less from those who do it.
    Well if we are going to go this route, lets just drop him slowly into a chipper shredder, Feet first. I mean if we "revel" in death, we might as well go all in. Right?

In all seriousness, his death will be quite easy for him. He will get a nice meal, they will bring him in, and they will inject him with a fluid which will cause his heart to stop. He won't feel a thing, which won't change much for him. Sadly, He defines our country right now... Zero Empathy. Welcome to America.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

The other approach is rehabilitation, which only work son people receptive to it and have the capability for doing so. Roof...is neither of those criteria.

In which case a vengense punishment of life w/o parole or death penalty is appropriate given his crime.
    Or just incarceration, keep him out of society for life. They can perform studies on his psyche, but rehab seem supremely unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    He hasn't asked for a life sentence, and is okay with death. I see no reason to deny the execution.
    If he prefers execution over life, I'm all for granting that request.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just incarceration, keep him out of society for life. They can perform studies on his psyche, but rehab seem supremely unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

If he prefers execution over life, I'm all for granting that request.
    Only if he allows them to perform those tests.

I really rather not turn him into another Manson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

Fuck him.

A Co-Worker of mines wife had family that was killed by this douchebag.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldve shot him in the head as he left the courtroom. He was proven guilty, admitted he was guilty, sentenced to death so lets do it. But instead we will fart around wasting millions in taxpayer money housing his worthless ass for 30 years while he appeals 50 times. He doesnt deserve any appeals

7+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They shouldve shot him in the head as he left the courtroom. He was proven guilty, admitted he was guilty, sentenced to death so lets do it. But instead we will fart around wasting millions in taxpayer money housing his worthless ass for 30 years while he appeals 50 times. He doesnt deserve any appeals
    Think of the poor cleaner.

Good he deserves it.

Only if he allows them to perform those tests.

I really rather not turn him into another Manson.
    Regardless, life in prison provides the same practical result. Emotion is the only reason for DP. I'd like to think we passed that, but apparently not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless, life in prison provides the same practical result. Emotion is the only reason for DP. I'd like to think we passed that, but apparently not.
    To give up on emotion is to give up humanity. Thus, it is exceptionally unlikely. I dont see anything wrong with it as long as the process itself is fair and the punishment is not excessive. Death for 9 deaths is not excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    People would still remember the day it happened, just like we still remember 9/11. You can just stop giving him airtime which would accomplish a sort of "living" death, which is worse than actual death.
    I mean I'm not exactly pro death penalty but the dude killed 9 people in cold blood and said he'd do it over again. I wouldn't want to waste money keeping him in prison especially when he made it clear he feels absolutely no remorse for these people and will do it again if given the chance.

Sorry but since that's Dylanns stance on everything then my stance is pro death for him. He shows no signs whatsoever of being able to change or even wanting to. He shows the exact opposite in fact. Is it justice? Not quite, but it's not worth keeping him locked up either.

Can even ask yourself. He's taken 9 lives away. He's completely devastated those families. Why does he get to continue his? That's not justice either.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-01-11 at 01:20 AM.

To give up on emotion is to give up humanity. Thus, it is exceptionally unlikely. I dont see anything wrong with it as long as the process itself is fair and the punishment is not excessive. Death for 9 deaths is not excessive.
    I give up on emotion when its justification to kill another. Killing with no practical value.

Normally, I'm against the Death Penalty because, even it's just the smallest chance, there is a possibility the person could be innocent.

In this case, I'm not concerned at all about that. The evidence is insurmountable, his confession is authentic, his remorse non-existent. I'm absolutely certain that he deserves to die.

However, I'm still not convinced the state should have the right to execute him.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.