My intelligence agency has given me dirt on all of you. Better knock it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I called that one a week before the election. Too many alt-Reich have gotten into the FBI.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Read my post 2 up from the quoted.
    You mean this?

I know I am, but we, the people, need to demand MORE from them. They fucking owe it to us.

Now on the face, the using of a F4 screen to show hacking is not some OMG thing, but it just shows the laziness or carelessness on their part. Would a screen of a guy writing a script for a hack have been that hard to get? Doubtful, go down to IT tell Jim to look like he is hacking something, snap a pic. And it would have presented their viewers with accurate information, the end goal (ideally) of a news organization.
    You think there would have been a difference between showing what they did and a pic of someone 'looking like' they are hacking? Your definition of expecting more is bizarre... it's what stock footage is for...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    President Trump: Our GOLDEN GOD!
    Puts me more in the mind of this:

Now we just need a link to Dave Chapelle Seal song about golden showers...
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even under the assumption any of this is true (which I doubt it is), I have one question for the Liberals.

What ever are you going to do about it?

Your out of time.
    Obamacare is going to be repealed.
    Obama will not stay in office under martial law.
    Everything you did under that president, every so called "stride" you made.

Gone.

Schumer and Warren will be next to be beaten in elections if they try to act as the new Reid and Pelosi.
    Americans doubt the credibility of CNN because of ridiculous nonsense like this.
    I am informed and believe Espe is a Lizard.
    You lost the election.

Cope.

TLDR: You reap what you sowed. Now fall in line because that is what you told everyone to do with Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    My intelligence agency has given me dirt on all of you. Better knock it off!
    I think we just found out where Trump gets his info...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I think we just found out where Trump gets his info...
    My intelligence agency tells my you don't.

Most of the details as reported by Buzzfeed are probably nonsense, but the bigger picture as reported by CNN wouldn't surprise me in the least. Kompromat would explain a lot of the bizarre things we've seen this cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Even under the assumption any of this is true (which I doubt it is), I have one question for the Liberals.

Your out of time.

Gone.

Schumer and Warren will be next to be beaten in elections if they try to act as the new Reid and Pelosi.
    Americans doubt the credibility of CNN because of ridiculous nonsense like this.
    You lost the election.

Cope.

TLDR: You reap what you sowed. Now fall in line because that is what you told everyone to do with Obama.
    This is weird and weirdly aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even under the assumption any of this is true, I have one question for the Liberals who think Shillary would of been better.

Question why 'would have' is apparently so difficult to grasp, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    See, I feel like if you went down to Jim in IT and asked him to look like he was hacking something - he'd turn off the room lights, put on his life jacket and sunglasses, and stare intently into a Windows '95 scrolling marquee screensaver of the phrase 'L33t H4x0r1ng' (because he buys into the fantasy/allegory of hacking), whereas if you wanted a real photo - you would sneak up behind Janice in Accounting take a picture of a rather plain-looking middle-aged woman staring a little too intently at a massive Excel sheet.

The problem with that, is that it's unrecognizably boring and normal looking work - versus the portrayal that people are used to, even if it's not accurate - which is Matrix code flying down the screen and cyberpunk dudes in black trenchcoats decking their way into virtual realities.

I care a lot more about the quality of their writing and reporting, and basically nothing at all about the quality of their photos. I don't see any harm in their photo of hacking not being a realistic portrayal of hackers/hacking - particularly in an article which is not an expose on the life of modern hackers.

To be clear, nor do I really. I do find it lazy, news should seek to educate their audience. Toss in a line like "its not glamorous or exciting like the movies show, but dont be fooled the average looking man, pouring over this code, COULD be hacking into your life" or some other similarly inciting phrase, along with a proper pic, and instead of doing the lazy bit and perpetrating some ignorance (of what hacking would look like)you inform the viewer. Thats all.
    @jackofwind @Felya
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2017-01-11 at 01:56 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account

Your out of time.

Gone.

You lost the election.
    Cope.

Большое спасибо! Ваши усилия не остались незамеченными!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been reported Republicans are backing off on that front.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    *load of bullshit I skimmed through
    Yeah, Conservatives really fell in line right, with the most obstructionist Congress in a long time and whiny cunts complaining about FEMA camps and how Obama is so terrible?

Yup.

Trump has said and done some amazingly terrible shit. Things that would have ended the careers of other poiticians (or aspiring politicians)...multiple bankruptcies, adultery, etc. The vile shit he said in front of audiences of thousands during his election campaign.

His rabid fanbase seems to care very little. Unless they have footage of him stabbing a baby, I don't see how any sort of "compromising intelligence" will actually harm him at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be clear, nor do I really. I do find it lazy, news should seek to educate their audience. Toss in a line like "its not glamorous or exciting like the movies show, but dont be fooled the average looking man, pouring over this code, COULD be hacking into your life" or some other similarly inciting phrase, along with a proper pic, and instead of doing the lazy bit and perpetrating some ignorance (of what hacking would look like)you inform the viewer. Thats all.
    Hacking does not look like "writing a script for a hack", which means even if you saw someone hacking, you wouldn't recognize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Trump has said and done some amazingly terrible shit. Things that would have ended the careers of other poiticians (or aspiring politicians)...multiple bankruptcies, adultery, etc. The vile shit he said in front of audiences of thousands during his election campaign.

His rabid fanbase seems to care very little. Unless they have footage of him stabbing a baby, I don't see how any sort of "compromising intelligence" will actually harm him at this point.
    It won't do much for the very fanatical supporter, that's pretty obvious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Большое спасибо! Ваши усилия не остались незамеченными!

Обратите внимание на меня Сэмпай! Ха-ха, я просто шучу.

Again, get ready for the most scandal and corrupt filled Presidencies since Grant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Here's the thing.

Herr Drumpf's rabid fanbase doesn't constitute anywhere near an appreciable majority of the population, let alone voters. The margin of his victory is razor thin even by electoral standards - the real risk is not that Republican voters stop voting, the risk is that Democratic and independent voters actually do vote.