Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Maybe they get some kind of twisted satisfaction by knowing that others wasted their time? For some people others loss is their gain.
    There is a lot easier ways to piss off random people on the internet and get your jollies, I highly doubt it was that.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    wowhead(dot)com/news=182937.4/upcoming-changes-to-dungeon-finder-and-vote-kick

Proof for the changes to the vote kick system. But remember: if you queue for a second dungeon you will count as 5 people pre-made and can be removed by using the uninvite button
    So yes: the story is not true
    5 years old, so if it once worked like that it doesn't anymore at least. Maybe Blizzard changed it without saying anything, or it got broken without anyone noticing. Maybe it never worked properly. There's enough people in this thread (me included) that has personal experience with 3 premades kicking a player.

This happened to me this week.

I had a 3 man premade group in my party running Utgarde Keep. Nobody said anything the whole run (usual leveling run without wipes) and right before the last boss they started votekicking the other random rogue we had.

Well, even with me voting no to that their 3 votes is enough for kicking him and after he was out they votekicked me and proceeded to kill the boss with 3 people.

So, me and the other random guy lost 20 minutes of our time running the dungeon and not get reward at the end without being able to do anything against it?

This also happened today to one of my guild mates and I got curious if this is a more widespread issue than people realize.

I opened a support ticket asking what Blizzard's stance to this situation is and got this response:

Seems they don't care at all what happens with the system and nobody will be punished by abusing it.
    I wonder how hard it would be to make it so you couldn't pull/attack/do damage to a boss in a random premade unless there are 5 members in the party. Maybe a ready check everyone has to accept before the boss will become active and once everyone accepted it no kicking until after fight is over? It would also help with trolls who attempt to ninja pull or pull after someone else drops group. I'm sure any fix though would have both it's own problems and someone would find a way to abuse it within a week of being implemented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meanwhile in other MMOs abusing the system is punishable. GG Blizz.
    other mmos? which successfull mmo is left beside wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    other mmos? which successfull mmo is left beside wow?
    Why should success of the game be a factor? It has no relation to the topic at hand. Other MMOs have a punishable system in place for those that do shit like this. Meanwhile in WoW you can kick someone for any reason. Also FF14, GW2 and Runescape to name a few successful ones. Past successful ones would be Everquest, Everquest 2, Ultima Online, Guild Wars 1, FF11, Dark Age of Camelot and more. Although to say Everquest is still going nearly 18 years later is a success in terms of duration.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-11 at 02:24 AM.

Never had that before, what would they gain from that? Not to be rude but it makes them seem like a bunch of douchebags :s

While I have heard of such cases I have not had such happen to me from the inception of LFD.

I do not see what leads to a Blizzard does not care attitude. If the ability to group kick was taken away then a group could also be screwed over by a dbag going AFK or trolling on the last boss with no way to kick them. A player in a premade group that initiates a vote kick receives a harsher penalty to their ability to vote kick over someone who solo queues. An unlucky or abusive premade group that initiates a number of kicks can be stuck with lockout timers that last longer than a dungeon run.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-01-11 at 03:19 AM.

Seems they don't care at all what happens with the system and nobody will be punished by abusing it.
    They do care. The problem is there is no fair system they can implement, other than having a human umpire to watch each run, which will not happen.

Before there no restriction, so people vote kicked others, either for lol, or for the loot, before personal loot. Then they implemented locks, which then allow people to afk and cannot be kicked.

In short, the vote kick has been changed quite a few times and abused in each iterations. Blizzard realized it will never be fair and perfect, so people will just have to accept its flaws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    5 years old, so if it once worked like that it doesn't anymore at least. Maybe Blizzard changed it without saying anything, or it got broken without anyone noticing. Maybe it never worked properly. There's enough people in this thread (me included) that has personal experience with 3 premades kicking a player.
    Then just go and test it yourself. It is still in. Take 3 Friends, start a vote kick after telling the fourth person to click no and watch the kick fail. One of my funniest wow moments was, when a 3 men premade was paired with a 2 men premade and everyone was safe from kicks. Took over one hour with lots of funny insults before one player left by choice.

It is not possible to kick a player with a 3 men premade, if the fourth player doesn´t agree. But perhaps you annoyed all 4 members of your party. I was kicked two times since the system was introtuced. One time I had a dc, the other time I was afk. I run a lot of dungeons and about 50% as solo queue. I find it rather hard to get kicked.