Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

Yes there are cruel and destructive dictators what is your point?
    I think the quote is pretty clear. But, since you can't seem to grasp the subtlety, I'll spell it out: the "benefits" of Facism are outweighed by the harm.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We are talking about the current government here. Moderates are very different from the far right conservatism you see in other countries.
    I'm not sure what were talking about, is this a semantic discussion? They're left of the anti-immigration parties that we're discussing and they're left on an international scale. For what I wrote, it doesn't matter if they're on the right on a specifically current-day Germany-modified scale.

If we were discussing a different topic where they're right-of-center calling them left would be wrong, but on the topic of immigration calling them right is at best confusingly pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    For the fucking millionth time; the majority of germans consider Merkel's party to be left and they are in a coalition with another party even further left:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/news/poli...1204-99-105940

If some Stalin-affine unicorn breeders claim otherwise, that is far far away from reality.
    The CDU has always been a mix of neoliberalism and conservatism. Just because there's been a swing to the right when it comes to most European countries that fact doesn't become any less apparent.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I think the quote is pretty clear. But, since you can't seem to grasp the subtlety, I'll spell it out: the "benefits" of Facism are outweighed by the harm.
    Varies it mostly depends on who rules. A skilled leader makes a fascist country stronger then a democracy a poor one makes it worse. Think of it as a election take to the extremes.

7+ Year Old Account
    A wave of Islamic terrorism can drive a truck through crowds of people, shoot up a place, increase rape rates, and some people think neo-Nazi's are what you should keep an eye on?

Sometimes I worry that people like the OP actually exist and are not just clever characters invented to troll the internet.

Varies it mostly depends on who rules. A skilled leader makes a fascist country stronger then a democracy a poor one makes it worse. Think of it as a election take to the extremes.
    Anything taken to the extremes is more harmful than beneficial.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Anything taken to the extremes is more harmful than beneficial.
    You asked for the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/hundr...germany-2017-1

Doesn't look good but I sure hope that the authorities are able to get a handle on this situation. One possible step for the time being should be increased security at high risk targets.
    we already did that in Belgium, we have extra security at synagoges to prevent certain culturally enriching elements who consider Antisemitism a part of their dogma..oh wait... you mean those poor people practicing the religeon of peace*

After Brussels, Berlin, Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray, Strasbourg, Paris, Dijon, Nantes, Nice.

Yeah, im not to bothered really... fuck m.

After the failed open border policy in combination with afore mentioned terrorist attacks, the growth of extreme right, wel.. does it come as a surprise really? same for their radicalisation.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2017-01-11 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm not sure what were talking about, is this a semantic discussion? They're left of the anti-immigration parties that we're discussing and they're left on an international scale. For what I wrote, it doesn't matter if they're on the right on a specifically current-day Germany-modified scale.

If we were discussing a different topic where they're right-of-center calling them left would be wrong, but on the topic of immigration calling them right is at best confusingly pedantic.

No, i'm just saying they are center-right(on a international scale), that is all.
    I don't see how being to the left of far right parties makes them left-wing, and I would hardly consider open borders(which germany does not have atm) to be something on the left/right spectrum.

Blaming the left for the neo nazis just sound like trying to avoid the subjects on this, just like everybody here in this thread ranting about the islam.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2017-01-11 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    A wave of Islamic terrorism can drive a truck through crowds of people, shoot up a place, increase rape rates, and some people think neo-Nazi's are what you should keep an eye on?

Sometimes I worry that people like the OP actually exist and are not just clever characters invented to troll the internet.
    Careful, it's racist to point out Islamic terrorism.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You asked for the benefits.
    No, I didn't. I said the benefits are outweighed by the harm.

I was curious as to why you were defending facism. Your response was "It has it's benefits"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Becease its impossible to do more than 1 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A rise in hate crimes has no doubt driven many minorities to take self defense courses. It's the same thing here.
    invaders don't learn self defense, they learn dark arts

15+ Year Old Account
    No, i'm just saying they are center-right(on a international scale), that is all.
    I don't see how being to the left of far right parties makes them left-wing, and I would hardly consider open borders(which germany does not have atm) to be something on the left/right spectrum.
    I don't think that's right, but we're not going to get anywhere with this..

Blaming the left for the neo nazis just sound like trying to avoid the subjects on this, just like everybody here in this thread ranting about the islam.
    I was responding to a question of how the right is seeing such a rise in popularity with how I believe it ended up like this this, and how I believe it was bound to end up like this from the start with the policies that were in place. I responded to a relevant question with what I think is a relevant answer, how you link that with rants about Islam is beyond me.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many of these so called "neo nazis" said something anti immigration and anti refugee and got branded thus because of germany's draconian anti freedom of speech laws. When all it takes is to say publicly " I hate X group" you are a neo nazi.

never mind these people are raping 8 year old boys in bathrooms at pools and being found not guilty because they didn't understand an 8 year old cannot give consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Is this surprising? If there were a bunch of warrants given out for arrests and you were part of that group, hiding and going underground is the best plan.
    Uhh how is this a good thing. If you're a wanted person then turn yourself in.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I like how the interviewer says "perception that the government can't protect you" as if the EU hasn't given anyone any reason to think that they're incompetent.
    In the end that is the big problem. By making telling the truth and honest conversation a matter of being called a Nazi, then the only people who will talk frankly about the problem will be people who give zero shits about being called a Nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Careful, it's racist to point out Islamic terrorism.
    Wait what? Bud the topic is about the danger posed by right wing extremists. Stay on topic.

If there are any germans here I have to ask. What do you think of Merkel? Is the public opinion on her policies bad or are people still convinced she's doing good?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In the end that is the big problem. By making telling the truth and honest conversation a matter of being called a Nazi, then the only people who will talk frankly about the problem will be people who give zero shits about being called a Nazi.
    I can't wait to see the next few years. It might be a cultural/political paradigm shift; the left might squash it with a big revival and secure a stronger hold overall.

I don't know. Let's watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    so you are saying if the lefties would be nicer to all people instead of just minorities we could all be super friends?
    In a realllly realllly weird way, this kind of nails it.