Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got 36 days in jail when i was 17 for saying "This is bullshit" when i got detention for being late to school(it was my brothers fault for me being late). The charge was disorderly conduct.

I have not been to prison, and hope to avoid doing so. But, I heard this might come in handy...

https://www.amazon.com/Commissary-Ki.../dp/0997146230

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There's a big difference between weed and painkillers. You also have to be a special kind of stupid to get caught buying weed or out with it. Besides, the places it's legal makes that a complete non-issue.
    Alcohol is rated as the most dangerous drug in the world. Cocaine comes in at number six. Opiates were fourth if I recall. Weed eigth, oddly higher than things like ecstacy and LSD. This was based on two studies done in the UK and Europe based on individual and general harm caused by the drugs. Don't care to find a link right now.

My point is, there's a giant white elephant that most Western societies accept as "normal" while demonizing things that are less harmful.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Small misdemeanor when I was in University from a drunken night out. Spent the night in jail. But never done anything really bad.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I probably should be.

One night at 1 AM I stepped out my car to piss at the Mcdonalds Drive Through.

Shocked they didn't have it on camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Fact: most people have broken the law in their lifetime simply because there are so many trivial and nonsensical laws it's almost impossible not to.

But I guess, some laws are more important than others... but if that's the case, where is the line crossed between "law abiding citizen" and "criminal"?
    Exactly but I'm not them. I haven't even gotten a speeding ticket or really had any run in with the law. I'm basically a 1% er.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big difference between weed and painkillers. You also have to be a special kind of stupid to get caught buying weed or out with it. Besides, the places it's legal makes that a complete non-issue.
    Never known anyone to just do weed. Nearly everyone I know who actively uses weed, also abuses other substances. BTW the person I was talking about is a dealer. I also have another cousin who was caught selling in a school zone. That person did everything under the sun when it came to drugs. And yea, lots of legal battles there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1990 View Post
    Didn't intend to break any law but do stupid things after been drinking like getting into fights. That's what happened me both times to end up in jail and other times just getting arrested.
    did it drive you to quit drinking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Never known anyone to just do weed. Nearly everyone I know who actively uses weed, also abuses other substances. BTW the person I was talking about is a dealer. I also have another cousin who was caught selling in a school zone. That person did everything under the sun when it came to drugs. And yea, lots of legal battles there.
    I actually know quite a lot of people who just stick to weed.

Overwhelmingly because sniff is much more dangerous and it freaks them out.

Because lets be honest no one wants K bladder or to drop like a fly on a bad batch of xtc pills.

Very few people I know use multiple substances on the regular, and those that do are often addicts or seriously struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    That's so strange to me. Attempted murder isn't something that the victim can decline to press charges on here, it's out of their hands in terms of a charge being laid.
    I am not convinced it is possible in Scotland either, as it would be the Crown who press charges for attempted murder.

OT: I have points/fines for speeding and parking violations, and had my licence temporarily rescinded at one point for totting up. I currently have 3 points, so am pretty much a gangster at this point.

Deleted
    Was supposed to have gotten 40 days in Jail but got 40 hours community service instead.

Knocked 3 teeth out on a guy who was smacking his girl around. Girl testified on his behalf. Luckily every other witness testified on my behalf and I got the minimum.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, i havent, but there was funny accident that have nothing to do with this jail topic, but still. When TBC was released, it was so laggy that i wrote on official forum message like *If you wont fix it i will jump from the roof*, i was like 14 and it seemed funny to me (also i had butthurt because of lags). Btw i live in Russia. Sooo. After 3 hours i heard someone knocking the door, so i opened it and there was police officer asking to come inn. At this moment i forgot long time ago that i wrote some shit on forum, so i was a bit shocked when he asked my parents who is *my name*. He said that police headquarter of Saint-Petersburg received message from Ireland (!!!) that some guy are going to commit suicide, so they were in rush to find me. I never felt more stupid than in moment i was sitting at midnight with my parents, police oficer, writing the explaining that nobody is going to suicide here. But they did nice work tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    No, i havent, but there was funny accident that have nothing to do with this jail topic, but still. When TBC was released, it was so laggy that i wrote on official forum message like *If you wont fix it i will jump from the roof*, i was like 14 and it seemed funny to me (also i had butthurt because of lags). Btw i live in Russia. Sooo. After 3 hours i heard someone knocking the door, so i opened it and there was police officer asking to come inn. At this moment i forgot long time ago that i wrote some shit on forum, so i was a bit shocked when he asked my parents who is *my name*. He said that police headquarter of Saint-Petersburg received message from Ireland (!!!) that some guy are going to commit suicide, so they were in rush to find me. I never felt more stupid than in moment i was sitting at midnight with my parents, police oficer, writing the explaining that nobody is going to suicide here. But they did nice work tho.
    So both police and Customer Service did their job right.

Suicides are serious matters. I remember I had to call the police the time a friend of mine left a goodbye note on Facebook and I only knew the name and no address. I think she still has the scars. I'm thankful they bothered to find her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I got 36 days in jail when i was 17 for saying "This is bullshit" when i got detention for being late to school(it was my brothers fault for me being late). The charge was disorderly conduct.
    That's messed up that they could put you in jail for that. And 36 days? Was there anything else to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    did it drive you to quit drinking?
    One of the things I looked forward to about getting out was having a few drinks. I haven't stopped drinking but it's 3 weeks since getting out I haven't been out drinking like I used too. I know it's what gets me into trouble. I am on license (parole) for 9 months so know I have to be careful not to get into trouble and end up back in prison.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's messed up that they could put you in jail for that. And 36 days? Was there anything else to it?

One of the things I looked forward to about getting out was having a few drinks. I haven't stopped drinking but it's 3 weeks since getting out I haven't been out drinking like I used too. I know it's what gets me into trouble. I am on license (parole) for 9 months so know I have to be careful not to get into trouble and end up back in prison.
    Disorderly Conduct is usually a defenseless charge. You can get it for standing on a street, holding your hand up, anything which an officer can construe as disorderly. The statute for disorderly conduct is usually written with very broad language for maximum enforcement.

I have a semi-lengthy criminal record for assaults, did a lot of ass kicking back in my day lol. Never got stuck with any felonies, only have misdemeanors. Only served time once, which was 96 days on a 60 day sentence. It took them longer to convict me then my actual sentence was. The rest of it was probation.

But, OT. I think prisoners who are low security status and have been incarcerated for a long time deserve a chance, if they want to, to work on it. It'd be a good way to save money and provide skills training that these people will need.

Only other thing was I didn't give a fuck in school. I was a little emo kid at the time and all i did was sleep in class. I think the school was just trying to get rid of me because of overall gpa scores. I didn't quit school and i got my diploma the following year.

Oh and i was wearing black eyeliner and nail polish the day i went to jail.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2017-01-11 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Only other thing was I didn't give a fuck in school. I was a little emo kid at the time and all i did was sleep in class. I think the school was just trying to get rid of me because of overall gpa scores. I didn't quit school and i got my diploma the following year.

Oh and i was wearing black eyeliner and nail polish the day i went to jail.
    Don't know if I could have handled jail when I was 17 and back at school - was a different weaker person then.

Did you get a hard time there - don't think there wouldbe too many other prisoners arriving with eyeliner and nail polish?

Don't know if I could have handled jail when I was 17 and back at school - was a different weaker person then.

Did you get a hard time there - don't think there wouldbe too many other prisoners arriving with eyeliner and nail polish?
    I was fine. It was me and 9 others in a 15x8 or 12x8 cell. They had 3 set of 3 bunk beds next to the wall. My first day i slept on the floor. All i did was sleep all day for 36 days. I did read a book or two but i got too bored reading so i just slept the rest of the time.
    By the next day a bed was available and i in a bed for the rest of the time.
    The worse guy that was in there tried to steal a washing machine (grand larceny). Most of the other inmates were just unpaid child support or some petty larceny.
    Oh and if you are wondering i do still have my black cherry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I have experimented with other things. But I did not abuse them. I do smoke weed, and hardly drink. The same goes for my friends, except that a few of them drink more than I think they should.

Generally, those who abuse heavier drugs end up leaving the circle of friends who only smoke weed. And in my case, I happily show them the door. I don't need a literal addict in my life.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you really know "stoners". You just know drug addicts. I would only call someone a stoner if that's the only drug they regularly used. Pretty much every person I personally know that smokes weed doesn't do anything else besides drink sometimes. Because I don't hang out with drug addicts.

I just think assuming everyone who smokes weed, even regularly, is a loser is just ignorant. Honestly the most successful people I personally know almost all smoke and I've done pretty well myself too.
    They all started out as stoners. They evolved into addicts. Maybe it's where I live, but that's what I've seen.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Dang, dude. That's a good way to become a registered sex offender.
    Right?

counting my blessings there.