Unless there is a patch tonight or on the day of release that buffs Hailstorm, you won't be taking it in 7.1.5.

What baseline talents are good then? Is choice even an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    What baseline talents are good then? Is choice even an option?
    In 7.1.5 you will have more choice than on live.
    In the level 15 tier, HH and WS sim pretty close to each other. AS and CL can also be fairly competitive.
    You swap between Overcharge and Tempest depending on your gear and encounter type (gear also has an impact on the talents above).
    With certain items it is even still viable to go BF/Tempest/AS and then pick whatever you like in the AOE tier because you'll never press it.

Deleted
    When would you go Overcharge? A pure ST-fight or?

Quote Originally Posted by Triplemoe View Post
    When would you go Overcharge? A pure ST-fight or?
    ST or encounter with time off target. GW will keep MS up to let you blast away with LB on cooldown when stuck outside of melee range.

Since the talent choices are much closer now, which are better for heavy aoe/mythic+? Windsong or Hot Hands? Would CS ever be worth taking over FoA? How about Tempest vs OverCharge? Assume I don't have any tier bonuses.

Also, should FoA be maintained even on single target fights?

seems like im doing a little less dps than i was prior to patch which kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    seems like im doing a little less dps than i was prior to patch which kinda sucks
    Are you using the same talents?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Since the talent choices are much closer now, which are better for heavy aoe/mythic+? Windsong or Hot Hands? Would CS ever be worth taking over FoA? How about Tempest vs OverCharge? Assume I don't have any tier bonuses.
    Windsong vs Hot Hands for aoe could be a wash, but I think I would take hot hands generally in m+ because the proc will be available every pull whereas there's a good chance I'd waste some of the duration of Windsong. Honestly though they'd both do fine.
    Overcharge is a purely single target talent, take Tempest for AOE. It's not necessarily significantly better, but it is at least slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Also, should FoA be maintained even on single target fights?
    Yes.

I'd recommend that anyone with questions check out Wordup's excellent guide on WoWhead, whith has now been updated to 7.1.5.
    http://www.wowhead.com/enhancement-shaman-guide

Deleted
    EU player here. Patch hits tomorrow.

In terms of legendaries I have the ring, chest and Prydaz. I also currently have a mythic 12 chestpiece that's 885 with crit/mastery. Once the patch hits tomorrow is it worth swapping out the chests and wearing the buffed Prydaz?

changed some went from hailstorm to as and swapped to fury of air, just on target dummies im doing about 410k dps sustained. most other talent set ups lead to around 390k

Kind of not looking forward to this awkward optimal talent setup. I'm not really 100 percent certain why Hailstorm was such a problem for them. Having the ring and wrists depends on Hailstorm so much, you'd think they would at least make it a competitive option IF you had both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    EU player here. Patch hits tomorrow.

In terms of legendaries I have the ring, chest and Prydaz. I also currently have a mythic 12 chestpiece that's 885 with crit/mastery. Once the patch hits tomorrow is it worth swapping out the chests and wearing the buffed Prydaz?
    Yes, although you may swap them on a fight where you can trigger the chest's effect.

Fury of Air really perfects the feeling of Enhancement and maelstrom management. You get punished hard for topping off and bottoming out, I like the balancing act a lot.

feel so weak now lol, is anyone seeing an improvement in their dps after patch?

I feel like I'm about the same but I think I'll improve as I get used to it.

since we don´t use crashing storm anymore lava lash will be the only filler on single target fights, correct?

given the change to boulderfist is now live dose this make it weaker than ascendance?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    given the change to boulderfist is now live dose this make it weaker than ascendance?
    Boulderfist doesn't compete with Ascendance. Rockbiter also keeps up Landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Boulderfist doesn't compete with Ascendance. Rockbiter also keeps up Landslide.

sorry landslide or would you still take landslide with a different teir 1 talent?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2017-01-11 at 09:36 AM.

tbh im doing more dps using crash lightning to proc stormbringer than i am doing without it, even with foa talented went from 420k dps or less with other talent variants to 450k