Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @vulena I have the ring, belt, & boots. What possible legendary could I want from the caches pre 7.1.5?

As mentioned elsewhere - I would most want Prydaz out of the current available for the survival benefits. That's how useless the rest are as options.
    To be fair Prydaz is super sexy post patch.
    One of my most wanted legendaries atm.

Despite all the claims in this thread that it has no positive effect, I see no reason to open boxes now when I can open them in a few weeks and either have the same shot at today's legendaries as I would opening them daily; OR maybe a shot at the newer ones (which are IMO better).

It just costs a little patience and some bag slots. I have 34 caches in my bank currently, and when 7.1.5 drops I'll have quite a few more. I'll open them then - and if I happen to luck into one of the new legendaries then there will be definitive proof. Otherwise, who cares - I just waited a few weeks more for the next orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    To be fair Prydaz is super sexy post patch.
    One of my most wanted legendaries atm.
    As a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    As a tank?
    As both tbh, sadly it was just nerfed for tanks to be only 15% - still good though

I just leveled a rogue recently and climbed through ilvls quickly from wq and getting carried by some guildies through some stuff. I went from ~800 ilvl to 845 in a few hours. At the end of the day I had an emissary chest I'd forgotten about from earlier in the day and opened it, and received a piece of 835 gear, base ilvl non wf/tf. It should have been 825-830 maximum, more likely than not even lower than that, based on when I did the emissary quests.

Edited: I said forgotten about but it was actually overlooked, I didn't notice it until I was cleaning out bags

The evidence provided against this didn´t explain why legion invasion chests gave loot according to the Ilvl. Do you have anything new on this matter?

Reading this thread make me wonder if these chests were not the very reason why the copy character was recently removed from the PTR. You might have been able to game the chests and figure out which one had what you wanted?

But furthermore, the legendary items in those chest are not actually "in the chest", are they? Don't legendaries drop out of them the same as everywhere else where the act of looting the chest procs a personal loot drop and the legendary appears in your bags without actually looting a legendary item from inside the chests? I don't know personally because ill 3 of mine came off boss drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifenite View Post
    Reading this thread make me wonder if these chests were not the very reason why the copy character was recently removed from the PTR. You might have been able to game the chests and figure out which one had what you wanted?

But furthermore, the legendary items in those chest are not actually "in the chest", are they? Don't legendaries drop out of them the same as everywhere else where the act of looting the chest procs a personal loot drop and the legendary appears in your bags without actually looting a legendary item from inside the chests? I don't know personally because ill 3 of mine came off boss drops.
    Copying to the PTR creates new chests each time so it wont help you game it. Whether thats because the loot is determined on opening and is new each time or it might be something about the character copy process which results in creation of new chests different that what you have on live. No one knows

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    Copying to the PTR creates new chests each time so it wont help you game it. Whether thats because the loot is determined on opening and is new each time or it might be something about the character copy process which results in creation of new chests different that what you have on live. No one knows
    And it does so with the loot in that build.

Okay, something weird happened, I was keeping Winter vale's chests unopened, but I checked one had the Icy illusion, then decided to open them today, The same gift had the Ragnaros one instead! - not sure what triggered that - I looked in all the gifts to be sure, it was the same one, and the Icy one is gone.

So I think it turned out after all that they do generate loot on opening, as shown by the video (dude gets the new curious coin drop rate and new formulas) and the top comment with a mage receiving a new mage legendary.

I've yet to open my caches though, will report back.

Edit: derp, might help if I post the link I'm talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ort=confidence
    Last edited by PurpleSector; 2017-01-11 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSector View Post
    So I think it turned out after all that they do generate loot on opening, as shown by the video (dude gets the new curious coin drop rate and new formulas) and the top comment with a mage receiving a new mage legendary.

I've yet to open my caches though, will report back.

Edit: derp, might help if I post the link I'm talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ort=confidence
    I got a 7.1.5 legendary by opening my saved caches so its confirmed. They generate on opening not creation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    I got a 7.1.5 legendary by opening my saved caches so its confirmed. They generate on opening not creation
    Armory Link?

@Vanyali this is why you wait on caches and don't get loramus thalipede's. good thing you were totally sure that they were in there no matter what, though.

If you didn't have ring you were arguably better off not waiting anyway, fwiw.

Very happy I stored them up though after getting ring
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really surprised this actually ended up working, was nearly certain (99.99% according to one facepalm worthy posts of mine) this was just an irregularity with the PTR copy mechanism rerolling the contained items.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-01-11 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Really surprised this actually ended up working, was nearly certain (99.99% according to one facepalm worthy posts of mine) this was just an irregularity with the PTR copy mechanism rerolling the contained items.
    Any proof it works?

I am opposite side but was only 10-20% it working, kept anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    Any proof it works?
    This post. Top post also got one of the new legendaries.

I didnt get a legendary, but noticed the increase in the coins.