Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how is arms dps in 7.1.5?

how is arms warrior dps come 7.1.5? im talking about the IftK/trauma/opportunity strikes version of arms and not the focus rage build. i also have a frost dk so if anyone could tell me how arms dps is in compareson to a frost dk that would bbe appreciated

That version of arms doesn't exist. Why do people keep pretending nonsense builds exist? Why won't someone ask about about the sick overpower/rend/ravager build for once just to change things up a bit?

Deleted
    Because the icy-veins easy-mode is the first thing that comes up when you google "arms dps guide"

www icy-veins com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-easy-mode

Every other talent build pales in comparison to FR build still. If you don't want to play FR, you may want to stay frost DK.

Deleted
    Arms DPS compared to Frost DK is much much higher (if equally geared), with the exception of prolonged cleave and aoe. For bursting aoe, burst in general, and ST, Arms takes the lead by a good margin. But not with a non-FR spec. If you want good DPS as Arms, you play FR.

I came from Frost DK too, and Arms is in another league.

That version of arms doesn't exist. Why do people keep pretending nonsense builds exist? Why won't someone ask about about the sick overpower/rend/ravager build for once just to change things up a bit?
    Because there are other viable alternatives for Arms if you don't have the legendaries to properly use FR and/or aren't pushing mythic raids or high level mythic+.

how is arms warrior dps come 7.1.5? im talking about the IftK/trauma/opportunity strikes version of arms and not the focus rage build. i also have a frost dk so if anyone could tell me how arms dps is in compareson to a frost dk that would bbe appreciated
    To impart some knowledge that isn't "durr, FR only spec period," IftK/Trauma/OS is just fine. Stats have been squished a little with the rebalancing of secondary stats on gear, but nothing has really changed all that much for Arms. DPS numbers fee to be about the same or a little bit stronger. I've not raided yet for the week, so I've nothing concret to report for numbers, but doing daily stuff feels much faster than before. *shrug* Will see on Thursday.

However, I would say that changing to Titanic Might may be a more appealing choice right now. One of the issues the spec faces is poor periods of Tactician not proccing. This helps alleviate that issue by extending how long the window CS is up. Unfortunately, you won't find very much creative thinking, discusing, and testing to determine how well the two perform compared to each other. Therefore, you'll need to run some tests yourself and see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Because there are other viable alternatives for Arms if you don't have the legendaries to properly use FR and/or aren't pushing mythic raids or high level mythic+.

To impart some knowledge that isn't "durr, FR only spec period," IftK/Trauma/OS is just fine. Stats have been squished a little with the rebalancing of secondary stats on gear, but nothing has really changed all that much for Arms. DPS numbers fee to be about the same or a little bit stronger. I've not raided yet for the week, so I've nothing concret to report for numbers, but doing daily stuff feels much faster than before. *shrug* Will see on Thursday.

However, I would say that changing to Titanic Might may be a more appealing choice right now. One of the issues the spec faces is poor periods of Tactician not proccing. This helps alleviate that issue by extending how long the window CS is up. Unfortunately, you won't find very much creative thinking, discusing, and testing to determine how well the two perform compared to each other. Therefore, you'll need to run some tests yourself and see how it feels.
    Even without legends FR trumps other options, or at least was in 7.1. Based on the talent changes for 7.1.5, this is still true.

The gap between using FR and not using it is rather large.

There isnt much discussion on the subject since its rather cut and dry. Go turn on recount, go hit a dummy for a few minutes, switch talents, do it again, and you can see which is doing better. Hell, the problem with titanic might is that it will always pale in comparison to getting a average streak of col' smash. The only thing its preventing is moments when you feel you're not getting col' smash.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Agree to disagree. If people want to discuss alternatives to FR, let them (and keep the snide remarks and constant bashing to yourselves).

Agree to disagree. If people want to discuss alternatives to FR, let them (and keep the snide remarks and constant bashing to yourselves).
    What snide remarks?
    What bashing?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

FR just hard to master spec choice.

people wanna mash 2 buttons only. casuals..

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    FR just hard to master spec choice.

people wanna mash 2 buttons only. casuals..
    ??? It has nothing to do with amount of buttons you want to press. Whether you or I like it, FR is objectively the best DPS setup. That's not a matter of opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no alternatives to FR that exist in mythic raiding, or in any content where people are trying to perform decently. At that point, it really doesn't matter either.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What snide remarks?
    What bashing?
    "That version of arms doesn't exist. Why do people keep pretending nonsense builds exist? Why won't someone ask about about the sick overpower/rend/ravager build for once just to change things up a bit? "
    I am guessing that's what he meant with snide remakrs. He must have mistaken you for that poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    There are no alternatives to FR that exist in mythic raiding, or in any content where people are trying to perform decently. At that point, it really doesn't matter either.
    Well if you fight single-target that is.
    SS now hits 3 targets totally , and with MK it can be a beast cleave spec.
    It also seems to me that the SS range have increased slightly. Trauma might also be good in that scenario.

So FR is for single target and SS+MK+trauma for cleave bosses and trash mobs in M+

Arms dps is fine with good single target and good burst AOE, but the non FR builds are so far behind that they are not considered even playable. The only scenario a non FR build could work is for pure AOE applications, you could technically make a much stronger burst AOE setup by deviating from the standard build, but there aren't many practical applications.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    So FR is for single target and SS+MK+trauma for cleave bosses and trash mobs in M+
    Pretty sure you would do much more damage just solo targeting mobs with FR than with your aoe build.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rend/TitanicMight/OPS/OP with legendary gloves is probably very good, i doubt if it is stronger than FR, but it is definatly have 0 frustration and no goddamn CS droughts that makes you hate the game

cant wait to test that build today and see the phrases, it only works on actual combat, fuck sims and dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Rend/TitanicMight/OPS/OP with legendary gloves is probably very good, i doubt if it is stronger than FR, but it is definatly have 0 frustration and no goddamn CS droughts that makes you hate the game

cant wait to test that build today and see the phrases, it only works on actual combat, fuck sims and dummies
    CS lasting long doesn't matter, the main reason you want Tactition to proc is to benefit from Shattered Defense and Precise Strikes, and the FR build with Deadly Calm will give you more Tactition procs.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    CS lasting long doesn't matter, the main reason you want Tactition to proc is to benefit from Shattered Defense and Precise Strikes, and the FR build with Deadly Calm will give you more Tactition procs.
    CS lasting longer will give Rend a full duration of CS, and OPS/OP will always land on CS, plus no rage starve or bad procs

i am not saying its stronger than fr, i am saying it is probably very good and kinda close to FR, will see

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    CS lasting longer will give Rend a full duration of CS, and OPS/OP will always land on CS, plus no rage starve or bad procs

i am not saying its stronger than fr, i am saying it is probably very good and kinda close to FR, will see
    Rend still sucks, OP is still a dps loss vs Dauntless/SS and if you don't take Deadly Calm you will rage starve more and get less procs so explain your logic? It won't be close to FR I already tested it on the PTR it's not even remotely in the same district code.