Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people just assume shit about Sargeras without actually knowing anything.

Regardless of that though, the Legion would probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    I like how people just assume shit about Sargeras without actually knowing anything.

Regardless of that though, the Legion would probably win.
    nobody is assuming anything. we know these facts:

1. he's literally taller than a planet and his skin is fel-fire.

2. his battle with the titans(who he killed single handedly. beings that can create and destroy, then recreate, planetary systems in the time it takes a heart to beat and can pop an old god like a zit between their fingers, the strongest of the old gods.) destroyed multiple lightyears worth of space.

3. he's got the ability to send parts of his consciousness into people to possess them while still existing in his original form.

4. just his avatar so far eclipsed the strongest member of a race bred for literally nothing but war, that in the moment he realized temptation was futile he annihilated him(not corruption, temptation. there's a difference.). the avatars are not even a fraction of his full strength.

these are all facts from lore.

oh, and we also know something about the legion as well. a single man'ari eredar sorcerer can annihilate all life on an entire planet with a single spell.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-01-11 at 10:22 AM.

Bobby Kotick in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zerg would probably win unless Sargeras got involved. He would solo the entire zerg swarm at the same time without breaking a sweat.

That being said the legion may actually have more troops than the zerg (as hard as that is to believe) and they actually have fairly advanced technology mixed with powerful magic so I don't think it would be as big of a slaughter as it initially looks like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalken View Post
    Haha, ikr. Fun, more biomass. However, rip when the greater zerg reads the mind of a dead corpse or captive that knows the world's location of it's origin eventually.
    Only quotes this bit cos i think its true, but man, im genuinely impressed by your commitment to the swarm

I go for the Zergs

Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    Only quotes this bit cos i think its true, but man, im genuinely impressed by your commitment to the swarm
    the zerg have no magic. the knowledge of how demons respawn doesn't matter, when they will never be able to get there.

biology with never be able to adapt magic, that just not how it works.

Deleted
    Chuck Norris would destroy both ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    lol the burning legion would be decimated in hours, a couple of fights in the zerg would be immune to fel and all the other magic shit the legion got, and would pretty much steamroll them
    But the legion never ends, even if the zerg becomes immune, The legion just keeps coming back with more and more.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    But the legion never ends, even if the zerg becomes immune, The legion just keeps coming back with more and more.
    same with zerg, i only assume that demons are made off from biomass as they used to be actual normal races, so each fallen demon is just more zerg

Ohh, nice question ^^ i love stuff like this.
    While i'd love the swarm to win i think BL would win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    That being said the legion may actually have more troops than the zerg (as hard as that is to believe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    same with zerg, i only assume that demons are made off from biomass as they used to be actual normal races, so each fallen demon is just more zerg
    The Legion only seems neverending because they respawn, but it has a finite amount of members. The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is infinite. But barely a tiny minority are in the Legion. According to the WC3 Manual, the entire Legion only consisted of 1 million demons at the time of the War of the Ancients. By TBC, Azerothians estimated the Legion to only be millions. Millions is a far cry short of unlimited. The zerg have over 10 BILLION on Char and over 5 BILLION on Aiur. That's just 2 Zerg planets and already over 15 BILLION.

Why do you think Sargeras ordered Kil'jaeden to find him an army? Kind of unnecessary if Sargeras already had an infinite one.

The Legion's main tactic is to use their numbers to overwhelm their opponents with brute force. That's not going to work against the zerg with 10,000 times the Legion's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    and they actually have fairly advanced technology mixed with powerful magic so I don't think it would be as big of a slaughter as it initially looks like.
    The terran and protoss have far more advanced technology than anything the Legion does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Legion only seems neverending because they respawn, but it has a finite amount of members. The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is infinite. But barely a tiny minority are in the Legion. According to the WC3 Manual, the entire Legion only consisted of 1 million demons at the time of the War of the Ancients. By TBC, Azerothians estimated the Legion to only be millions. Millions is a far cry short of unlimited. The zerg have over 10 BILLION on Char and over 5 BILLION on Aiur. That's just 2 Zerg planets and already over 15 BILLION.

Why do you think Sargeras ordered Kil'jaeden to find him an army? Kind of unnecessary if Sargeras already had an infinite one.

The Legion's main tactic is to use their numbers to overwhelm their opponents with brute force. That's not going to work against the zerg with 10,000 times the Legion's numbers.

The terran and protoss have far more advanced technology than anything the Legion does.
    Fair enough on the numbers, I hadn't read that figure before.

On the technology, they're two different things. Terrans and protoss are more advanced, but the legion has technology infused with magic and are capable of things like dimensional travel. The comparative weakness of the legion's technology is more than made up for by their magic and allows them to do everything the protoss can do, such as teleportation, forcefields, etc. Like I said though, the zerg would probably beat the legion without much effort, but if Sargeras was involved they would lose without a doubt.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gunna go with the Zerg, especially if we aren't regarding the Twisting Nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the zerg have no magic. the knowledge of how demons respawn doesn't matter, when they will never be able to get there.

biology with never be able to adapt magic, that just not how it works.
    And the legion will never compete with the sheer number of zerg. They are still flesh and blood, even with their magic.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Burning legion

1. Lots of fire. Zerg are weak to fire(as they are mostly biological)
    2. Beings of massive size. Yes an ultralisk could compare to archimonde. But he and kiljaden are insanely strong. Also don't forget Mr "slice a world in half" I don't think the zerg has a unit even close to that size
    3. Infinite army and all that?

Its hard to compare anything lore wise game to game. Because in one game magic is common find. Where in the other its more rare and used by less. And over all is much less powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I'm gunna go with the Zerg, especially if we aren't regarding the Twisting Nether.

- - - Updated - - -

And the legion will never compete with the sheer number of zerg. They are still flesh and blood, even with their magic.
    In WC3 Antonidas created a magic area that was tearing apart any undead creature that entered. Arthas managed to break through by destroying the field conduits literally by zerging in and destroying conduits moments before his whole army literally fell apart.

Kil'jaeden being 1000x more powerful mage as Antonidas could likely create a field that would deconstruct zerg on molecular level 1s after they enter the area, in contrasts to Antonidas minute or so.

Not to even mention time magics, that has completely no counter and that we are just exploring in Legion. If you can freeze entire area in time, and anything that enters it, like Elisande did before Nighthold... then well, you get completely impenetrable barrier, that zerg will never manage cross. Meanwhile you can keep destroying whatever comes cloes to it.

The reason Legion didn't use such magics in combat so far is that they had completely no reason too. They could always just overpower their enemies in number, and fact that they cannot die actually made the clumsy, lazy, and unimaginative in their tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    In WC3 Antonidas created a magic area that was tearing apart any undead creature that entered. Arthas managed to break through by destroying the field conduits literally by zerging in and destroying conduits moments before his whole army literally fell apart.

Kil'jaeden being 1000x more powerful mage as Antonidas could likely create a field that would deconstruct zerg on molecular level 1s after they enter the area, in contrasts to Antonidas minute or so.

Not to even mention time magics, that has completely no counter and that we are just exploring in Legion. If you can freeze entire area in time, and anything that enters it, like Elisande did before Nighthold... then well, you get completely impenetrable barrier, that zerg will never manage cross. Meanwhile you can keep destroying whatever comes cloes to it.

The reason Legion didn't use such magics in combat so far is that they had completely no reason too. They could always just overpower their enemies in number, and fact that they cannot die actually made the clumsy, lazy, and unimaginative in their tactics.
    You just made me want to play WC3 again.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    the legion can destroy entire planets with ease.... and they are literally infinite.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    3. Infinite army and all that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    the legion can destroy entire planets with ease.... and they are literally infinite.
    No, they're not. They just get infinite respawns. The Legion only had 1 million demons during the WotA. Sargeras tasked KJ with growing the numbers of the Legion.