Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, done it twice. I love it. Id do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why some of the best times I ever had on WoW were when new servers came out. There was nothing like playing with people your own level on a fresh server all at level one with nothing. Dem feels!

Nope, i've got soooo many achis, mounts etc i'd have to do all over again and i'm never setting foot in frigging the deathcharger dungeon (can't think of the name, i think my brain banned it after doing it over 300 times)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes and it was fine but about at mop I was sick of it..

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sold my account from 2005 after 4.2, when I saw Dragon Soul and decided that WoW was just not fun enough to be wasting time on it. Came back fresh in 5.4 when the WoW bug bit me in the ass, I probably was only able to endure WOD after being desensitize from a real MMO experience for so long, I went hardcore for the first (and only) time, and the raids kept me from permantly leaving the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Been playing for over 13 years now, and I always have the urge to just start over again. Brand new account on a new battle.net. So that I can earn achievements all over again, and recollect everything again.

For example, I have never gone or stepped foot into Culling of Stratholme in a very long time, and on a new account I would have to go do that again to get the Bronze drake again. Etc.

I know I could just go on a new server, level up a new guy, but it's not quite the same.

Just curious if anyone has ever done anything like this.
    To a much much lesser extent. My first time playing was near the end of Vanilla. I played for almost a year and just before TBC I quit. Then when I started back up about halfway way through TBC I just completely started over... nothing as extensive as starting over after 13 years, but it was a hard reset for me.

I did in classic, my first character was a hunter that i got to 60 first, although at the time i was having a hard time getting groups it felt like there was an over abundance of hunters and i was likely never going to be able to get into a raid guild as one. even back when you could 15 man most dungeons, ppl would be like 'no sorry we got 3 hunters'

thats when i made a priest and was like 'screw it, ill make a character that everyone wants' and low and behold once that character hit 60 i was invited to my first raid guild and i've just really enjoyed the healing game since then. i miss my hunter, i only made the class because i came to wow from playing diablo 2 and i really liked the amazon.

over the years like many others i've managed to level various characters and try them at end game. mists was pretty cool i got my dk tank up to a pretty high ilvl from pugs.

Deleted
    God no. I have spent TONS of money on all my collector's stuff - so I'd have to either go without it or get it all again if I did; neither is an option for me, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    You know you can still play on the other region right? I'm currently living in the EU, but my account is US. I just log into WoW US servers
    Sorry for the late response. Yes you can. But having a 8h time diffrence its not easy to raid.

Deleted
    I'd started over again once, but not on a completely new account. In ICC times of wotlk I was raiding with RL friends in 10man raid on horde and we had lots of fun. Then Cataclysm released and our 10man fell apart (we were half RL friends, half ingame friends) because some stopped playing, others were raiding with their guild now because 25 and 10man id was thrown together. So we played at the beginning of cataclysm in those hard 5mans (it wasn't really that hard as a premade group) and raided a bit casually until we eventually stopped playing it.
    Then, about a year later, my friend wanted to start again but from scratch. Other server, other faction to make it feel fresh. So we did that and I'm still alliance since that day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I've actually decided to do it.

Going to hold on to my main account of 13 years of course, but going to roll the new account on the opposite faction which I've never really played all that much.

No, only a tiny bit of "new server" toons. A bunch of us Ashran vets created toons on one server, and then farther back, a new server was opening so I created some toons there for name savers. Later, I started to level those toons up to 10 for a 10-19 "no sub" twink army, but used a level 90 boost there so that I had a high level toon to farm garrison gold and old raids, so that I could filter gold/enchants down to those twinks. Now that lowbie twinks are 99% dead, it's sort of pointless to have toons there, but they still have quite a bit of HKs that I don't want to purge from my account, so they shall remain.

I think I could toy with the idea of a new account, level a new healer for PVP but I'd be a bit frustrated at the lack of self resources. Heirlooms, a quick 5k gold for mount speeds and flying. Maybe if I did that and then merged the accounts later... hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    How do you beat WoW.
    Defeat the last raid boss. That's how I've seen it. I remember beating Gary on LFR, I'm 94% sure I was part of the world first LFR Gary defeat (logged in right as servers coming up after patch/lfr release, got insta queue...) I don't care about doing that shit again on a harder difficulty level, so to me, I'd won WoW up to that point. Same with Archi and up until yesterday, Legion with Helya.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Been playing for over 13 years now, and I always have the urge to just start over again. Brand new account on a new battle.net. So that I can earn achievements all over again, and recollect everything again.
    Started a new set of characters on a new server before account bounds items were around. Not exactly a new account but did start from scratch.

This was to experience the game from the opposite faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Defeat the last raid boss. That's how I've seen it. I remember beating Gary on LFR, I'm 94% sure I was part of the world first LFR Gary defeat (logged in right as servers coming up after patch/lfr release, got insta queue...) I don't care about doing that shit again on a harder difficulty level, so to me, I'd won WoW up to that point. Same with Archi and up until yesterday, Legion with Helya.
    Wait, so if you level a character to 100, do a few world quests until you can go to LFR and do LFR once you've beaten WoW? Interesting point of view. And of course one that nearly nobody will agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Wait, so if you level a character to 100, do a few world quests until you can go to LFR and do LFR once you've beaten WoW? Interesting point of view. And of course one that nearly nobody will agree with.
    Max level. hit gear requirements. Defeat last boss. Not much else to do, unless you PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Like the op I've played a while...next month will be officially 12 years since my wow account opened. Anyway I started a second bnet back during early cats its intention was two fold my nephews wanted to play and I liked the idea of having an account no one knew I was on..since my main I have tons of folks on friends list peoples btags I'm in guilds etc so for a while I couldn't play for 20 minutes without a flood of whispers or requests for me to do things. Well fast forward to now after over $100 invested. Plus sub fees the second account isn't used my nephews don't play anymore and show more interest in their ps4 and Xbox games. Expensive lesson. I play on the original account only but I did retire playing on a server with 12 leveled toons. I started new still have several toons under lvl 50 to work on. Its fun as I just play at my own pace and pleasure these days..not being rushed or pressured by anyone ...its great.

Btw on the beat wow thing I've read the replies but technically you are all wrong achievement points has nothing to do with it at all..you can't beat a game with a persistent story and universe..until they no longer make expansion packs.

Just curious if anyone has ever done anything like this.
    My accounts held no sentimental meaning for me. I sold my Vanilla and TBC accounts and gave my Wrath one to my brother during the content lull. Half way through Cata i gave that account to my nephew as he was wanting to try it. Have had the same one from MoP till now only because no one i knew needed or wanted one. I am quite happy to start from scratch.

Once in Wrath, but because my old account was hacked ('stolen' might be more appropriate). I got it back eventually, but a few days later I couldn't access it for some reason.

Things worked out for the best in the long run, though. The only thing I'm bummed out about is my old characters' names being unavailable.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-01-11 at 05:29 PM.

Only when venturing into new MMOs/games.

just create a new character, ur achievement points show next to ur name if u are in a guild