Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Artefakt Knowledge Compendium Problems

I bought an artifact knowledge Compendium the highest what is available (Instant level 20).

And my priest was just pushed to 18 (Priest was 15 before that item).

Anyone else having this?
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Go pick up the 2 work orders. Reading a compendium immediately finishes any work orders you have going. It puts you at 20-(number of work orders)-(number of pages in bags) AK.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Do you have 2 research notes in your bags or bank?

Loot your research notes (presumably 2), it should've completed them as well.

edit: welp, too late

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Go pick up the 2 work orders. Reading a compendium immediately finishes any work orders you have going. It puts you at 20-(number of work orders)-(number of pages in bags) AK.
    Good tip. I'll wait for my 1st expiring AR to finish and queue another one before using the compendium.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Good tip. I'll wait for my 1st expiring AR to finish and queue another one before using the compendium.
    That doesn't help you. It puts you at AK20 and effectively resets any research.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That doesn't help you. It puts you at AK20 and effectively resets any research.
    Ah well, I'll just use it then no matter what . Not a big difference for my alt.

Deleted
    I've used 2 compendiums on my rogue now and he's still lvl 8. no researches in bags.

any ideas?

edit: he was supposed to be 20, as my main is 25

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Well, why waste 500 OR? You will still cap at 20 no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I've used 2 compendiums on my rogue now and he's still lvl 8. no researches in bags.

any ideas?

edit: he was supposed to be 20, as my main is 25
    Did you really get the compendium from your main? Or did you buy the instant scrolls on your alt which only give 1 level?

An alt of mine went from AK2 to 17, he didn't go TO 15, but gained 15. My main is only AK 22, so that was buggy but a good buggy. No, i didn't have any research in progress or in my bags cuz I only had resources for 2 research and then rarely touched that toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Artefakt too stronk m9

On topic: Pick up the two researches you had queued, this was added to prevent people from waiting with the pickups and hitting 22 right away instead. The two you had queued should've been completed and once you learn those you should hit 20.
    Last edited by Varathos; 2017-01-11 at 12:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay I don't get this stuff, I bought with my AK21 char this AK15 [Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-III] and sent it to my alt who has AK13 (2 things are in research still) and when I click this text appears: You already possess all the knowledge contained in these pages. I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    An alt of mine went from AK2 to 17, he didn't go TO 15, but gained 15. My main is only AK 22, so that was buggy but a good buggy. No, i didn't have any research in progress or in my bags cuz I only had resources for 2 research and then rarely touched that toon.
    15 cap is for new players. Alts can go up to 20 if you're 25 (so 5 levels below), which is consistent with yours getting to 17, when you're 22 on main.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    15 cap is for new players. Alts can go up to 20 if you're 25 (so 5 levels below), which is consistent with yours getting to 17, when you're 22 on main.
    The I-III book implied that it should have gone up to 15, not 17. I'm ok with it, i guess. I'll be unsubbed shortly anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Okay I don't get this stuff, I bought with my AK21 char this AK15 [Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-III] and sent it to my alt who has AK13 (2 things are in research still) and when I click this text appears: You already possess all the knowledge contained in these pages. I really don't get it.
    The system counts the one's you have in progress as well, but it should have finished those two immediately after using the book. Try leaving your class hall and going back in - it has worked for some. They should be sitting on the ground waiting for pickup and you'll have none in the queue. It didn't work for me as my monk is still sitting at 19 (was at 2), with 2 running. I had one on the ground which pushed her from 18 to 19, but it never auto-finished the other one that was in queue. I started a second one before I had read that leaving your class hall and coming back supposedly completes it, so I think I'm screwed for getting 20 out of the 20 tome.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The I-III book implied that it should have gone up to 15, not 17. I'm ok with it, i guess. I'll be unsubbed shortly anyways.
    Ah ye, I don't know what goes on with the different books tbh.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I noticed the same thing, so the 2 queued up immediately finished.
    My pally went from 1 to 18, then I picked up the 2 orders to hit 20.
    Then, I queued up two more and one immediately finished, so I picked it up and learned it, so AK 21.
    Queued up another, another immediately finished, AK 22.
    Long story short, my pally dinged 110 8 days ago and has AK 24 with one work order in process that will complete in 18 days, 10 hours (lol, right?)
    Patch day bugs are fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, doesn't work, 2 researches are still in work. Good job Blizzard, I have just written a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    The system counts the one's you have in progress as well, but it should have finished those two immediately after using the book. Try leaving your class hall and going back in - it has worked for some. They should be sitting on the ground waiting for pickup and you'll have none in the queue. It didn't work for me as my monk is still sitting at 19 (was at 2), with 2 running. I had one on the ground which pushed her from 18 to 19, but it never auto-finished the other one that was in queue. I started a second one before I had read that leaving your class hall and coming back supposedly completes it, so I think I'm screwed for getting 20 out of the 20 tome.
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-01-11 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Nope, doesn't work, 2 researches are still in work. Good job Blizzard, I have just written a ticket.
    Official answer from my ticket:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I understand that you used your Compendium I-IV when you had 1 Artifact Research Note queued and 1 in progress, but it only increased your Artifact Knowledge to 19. Now that I'm here, I will do everything in my power to answer your questions and resolve your issue .

The Compendiums can be a little confusing with their wording. I had 2 Artifact Research Notes yesterday and when I used my Compendium, it only brought it up to 18. It turns out that the Compendiums takes all of your Artifact Research notes into account, even the ones that are queued, and it doesn't auto finish the Work Orders.

There have been quite a few reports on these compendeiums, and our developers are currently investigating these. I have one favor to ask you that would really help us get more information on this issue. If you could go into your in game menu and click help to open the customer support window. After that click Submit Bug, enter the details of the issues you are having, and click submit. This will help us gather more information on the cause of the issue.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.