Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how anyone could have been excited to see Rousey back. Everyone who want's to win is exploiting her shit stand up. Punch her few times protect your self against take downs and enjoy the win.

10+ Year Old Account
    She should have taken some warm up fights before the title. Back when she fought Miesha Tate for the second time, she commented on having ring rust from doing The Ultimate Fighter show and liked to have more fights. This was a much longer layoff then that + coming off the brutal Holms loss. Unfortunately she didn't seem to change up her game plan from that fight either which is baffling. I was hoping to see some sick judoka moves that vaulted her to this fame.

Oh well. Can't take away what she did for women's MMA but given her attitude with this fight, probably best to retire. She seems like she's over it.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2016-12-31 at 11:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, watching everything from Nunes after the fight. What a fuck face. On another note, no way Rousey fights again.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParabolaNZ View Post
    No class at all in victory. Thought she looked like a muppet doing that silence celebration. Then jumping up and down like an idiot
    I get that she has a chip on her shoulder b/c she didn't like the promotion of the fight, not to mention the pay discrepancy, but Nunes is not a PPV draw. No one is going to pay to watch her fight anyone really. Rousey was a draw, so they paid her and promoted the fight. I see a Nunes/Cyborg fight in the works which would balance out her draw, but otherwise Miesha just retired, Rousey will likely retire, and while she's so busy celebrating in Ronda's face like a child, she's basically rooting for the women's division to burn out. This was not a good end of year for women's MMA.

If she was smart and not so focused on making an ass of herself, she would have been a lot more intelligent about her words. 200K is not retiring money, so I don't know what she was thinking.
    BAD WOLF

The worst part about Rousey's loss to Nunes is Nunes isn't even that great of a stand up fighter. She has solid shots but her technical ability is really sub-par, Holms is a much much better stand up fighter, so this pretty much kills Rousey. If she would have lost to Nunes first who is an adequate puncher, and then lost to Holms who is overall far superior to Nunes in the stand up, Rousey could save face. But getting worse at stand up vs her loss to Holms, she is done. Bring on the WWE women's championship, that's the only title she can win now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The worst part about Rousey's loss to Nunes is Nunes isn't even that great of a stand up fighter. She has solid shots but her technical ability is really sub-par, Holms is a much much better stand up fighter, so this pretty much kills Rousey. If she would have lost to Nunes first who is an adequate puncher, and then lost to Holms who is overall far superior to Nunes in the stand up, Rousey could save face. But getting worse at stand up vs her loss to Holms, she is done. Bring on the WWE women's championship, that's the only title she can win now.
    The WWE has to be her next destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I never liked her and felt she was overrated, I feel sorry for her as human being.

I always thought she had some issues and winning was the only cure for her and became obsession, suddenly it was taken away from her and it seems she lost a purpose. I think refusing to do all media was massive mistake as it just shows weakness and made her losing even more pathetic.

She needs to remove all the yes sayers around her and get help. After her suicidal comments, I can not fathom who told her to go fight again. Especially after being exposed by Holm. I knew she was going to lose, you could see doubts in her during every staredown.

She couldn't accept the first loss and was hyper aggressive against everything that even aknowledged she lost. I get it, the pressure on her is massive. However look at Conor, he too tried to do less media, but eventually accepted the loss and started to talk about 'redemption'. As his coach says: "You win or learn.", and I feel like she is unwilling to face her own demons. What is she going to do now?

Just look at Cruz, he admitted his opponent was better and sems to be ready to refocus himself. A sign of true champion.

I'm glad Nunes shoved it in her face, that's shit Ronda would do (not the jumping up n down part) but she was so arrogant in wins and a pissy little pouting child when she loses, Ronda got what was coming to her.

As previously mentioned though, Nunes isn't a draw and with Paige being ripped apart again... there really isn't much to watch in women's MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    This is what happens when you stop fighting soccer moms and part time waitresses and fight someone who can hit back.
    Three of those soccer moms and part time waitresses hold a victory over the current champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a bit of a prick, especially after his fight with Gonzalez was a total flop.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It sounded distasteful when I first read the page, but now that I watched the video it was kinda funny.

Deleted
    I has a sad end of an era

Deleted
    I'm glad Nunes shoved it in her face, that's shit Ronda would do (not the jumping up n down part) but she was so arrogant in wins and a pissy little pouting child when she loses, Ronda got what was coming to her.

As previously mentioned though, Nunes isn't a draw and with Paige being ripped apart again... there really isn't much to watch in women's MMA.
    JJ has been the one to watch in WMMA for a while. She is slicing up opponents left and right. Taking that WMMA GOAT title from Mega Megu

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    JJ has been the one to watch in WMMA for a while. She is slicing up opponents left and right. Taking that WMMA GOAT title from Mega Megu
    I still can't pronounce her last name.

Deleted
    I still can't pronounce her last name.
    jedrzrdrxzzzryzzryk????? Piece of cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQaKmoY8UKg

I just call her Gollum he he

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    jedrzrdrxzzzryzzryk????? Piece of cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQaKmoY8UKg

I just call her Gollum he he
    I work with people from around the globe, I don't say names too often. Shit, sometimes I don't know which is the first name and which is the last.

Deleted
    I work with people from around the globe, I don't say names too often. Shit, sometimes I don't know which is the first name and which is the last.
    Yeah I get that too when working with our asian offices.

Cowboy and some guy named Paul Felder (or something) were featured in my favorite show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia last night. :O. I think Dana White was there too...

When's the next good fight?

Lol it's Fight Night on Fox and there's a promo for Holly Holm and...JJ...and they fucking trashed Rhonda Rousey in it to pump these guys up as big. "Everyone has a plan til they get hit in the face" and other shit LOL.