Thread: +15 Mythic+

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Some good tips in this thread - thanks! Following...

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough for people to say 15s are easy, if that's how it felt to them, but those of us who still find 12s challenging appreciate when you share tips on what you're doing that makes them easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Just fish for Maw of Souls / Nelth / Arcway.

DHT is doable too if you have enough night elves to cheese xavius and can survive tree boss (monk taunting boss for karma+dampenharm grip)
    How does the NE/Xavius cheese strat work?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Some good tips in this thread - thanks! Following...

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough for people to say 15s are easy, if that's how it felt to them, but those of us who still find 12s challenging appreciate when you share tips on what you're doing that makes them easy.
    The difference between a +12 and a +15 is entirely in the damage requirement and damage taken. If you're capable of doing a 12 with 2 chests you'll be able to do a +15 in time, accounting for enough healing that is.

And even on +12 you can start to feel what abilities will be an issue, and what trash packs will be.

The best tip I can give you is, if you have the key, to just take it slowly and get a feel of the dungeon at that level, and then after the first run go a bit faster, and continue like that until you either have to completely give up, due to the dungeon being too hard, or you make it.

I spent ~3 hours on getting Arcway 15 done. We had issues with the demon boss because we didn't have that many defensives, and the spider boss because we only had 1 really mobile class, and the spider just refused to web that guy. My tips for Arcway would be: Make sure at least 2 of your dps have blink-like abilities, and make sure you have DR's for the demon boss. The withered boss is just a dps check, but a single person with good interrupt timings can stop it from being too hard. The robot is basically just a free kill if you can move from the orbs. Let your healer do the breaking out (unless it's a melee, then your tank can do it). The last boss you just have to be careful of the ghost (if you didn't kill it), and make sure you don't stand near the things blowing up.

I don't really have knowledge of any other +15's so I can't really talk about them too much, other people have decent tips for those though

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The difference between a +12 and a +15 is entirely in the damage requirement and damage taken. If you're capable of doing a 12 with 2 chests you'll be able to do a +15 in time, accounting for enough healing that is.

And even on +12 you can start to feel what abilities will be an issue, and what trash packs will be.

The best tip I can give you is, if you have the key, to just take it slowly and get a feel of the dungeon at that level, and then after the first run go a bit faster, and continue like that until you either have to completely give up, due to the dungeon being too hard, or you make it.

I spent ~3 hours on getting Arcway 15 done. We had issues with the demon boss because we didn't have that many defensives, and the spider boss because we only had 1 really mobile class, and the spider just refused to web that guy. My tips for Arcway would be: Make sure at least 2 of your dps have blink-like abilities, and make sure you have DR's for the demon boss. The withered boss is just a dps check, but a single person with good interrupt timings can stop it from being too hard. The robot is basically just a free kill if you can move from the orbs. Let your healer do the breaking out (unless it's a melee, then your tank can do it). The last boss you just have to be careful of the ghost (if you didn't kill it), and make sure you don't stand near the things blowing up.

I don't really have knowledge of any other +15's so I can't really talk about them too much, other people have decent tips for those though
    Thanks. This all makes sense. TBH, we haven't worked at 15s yet. One guild mate has it done. I was invited to tank for a push group once but we never got serious about it. Most weeks we just get our keys to 12s and call it good. But we do enjoy running M+ together and I see 15s in our future. I'll be referencing this thread when we do.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Thanks. This all makes sense. TBH, we haven't worked at 15s yet. One guild mate has it done. I was invited to tank for a push group once but we never got serious about it. Most weeks we just get our keys to 12s and call it good. But we do enjoy running M+ together and I see 15s in our future. I'll be referencing this thread when we do.
    Well, I wish you good luck when you do try!

Deleted
    Its also not the last week this is doable in. Sure it might be one of the easiest ones - but next week you will see the overall dps increase due to the patch (all classes get a buff in some way due to the stat squish) and after that nighthold gear.

Pala tank can carry your group at xavius - With the instant 30% heal always ready to save someone - and sacrifice / spell immunity / lay on hands in case someone with less than 70% gets feed on the weak.
    Its definitley the boss ive been able to carry people the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I would have probably replaced the lock unless u really needed the soulstone. A fury war would bring amazing burst cleave and would shred all the bosses due to the longer executes but on last boss especially a good fury war is gonna be cranking out 1.5mil.

Replacing the priest was also an option due to the fact surrender cooldown is long as fuck so his trash dmg would be extremely lackluster being paired with an assas rogue trash would just die slow.
    Define a "good fury warrior". I had multiple runs here with 880 geared warriors hitting 700-800k on last boss.
    There sure is a long ass way up to 1.5 million here.

Honestly the hardest part about +15 for those who frequently do 10-12 is not the damage reqs, you will meet those easily to make the timer. It's that abilities will do 80-90% of your hp (unavoidable ones) and bosses lasting easily over 2mins means someone dying early adds so much time.

FWIW if you have 880+ and 35 traits you shouldn't be oneshot by fellord generally - same goes for spider web (3 ticks actually to kill last I saw). Fel lords aoe will bring you low but all the dps can take basically 0 other damage in the fight making it mostly a focus on the tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    So you do indeed CAN'T read:

Guess you're too busy trying to appear like a super elite player than actually understanding what others say, considering that after all you appear to be the tirggered one here. I'm not going to waste my time explaining how your "defensive/istant heal" works great on paper and poorly in reality. So sure, whatever, "everything is izy" and we are bads.
    I wouldn't really claim BRH hard when it was the first +15 on time in the second week of the mythic+ in 860 gear or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Define a "good fury warrior". I had multiple runs here with 880 geared warriors hitting 700-800k on last boss.
    There sure is a long ass way up to 1.5 million here.
    anyone close to as geared and around my skill level. I've seen enough other warriors easily putting down over a million on that final boss way before we got anywhere near 40 traits in weapon.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tonbomb/simple

my armory

Made by dubbelbasse

Eye of Azshara is fairly easy this week if all you want is a +15, especially if you have a dps Warrior to melt the last boss. I did it this week, DH tank, Druid heal, MM hunter, Arms Warrior, Frost DK.. 15 is the highest I've attempted and we one-shot it with 4 mins left on timer, had we used old war pots more lavishly and not had so many silly deaths it would have been an easy 2 chest, really speaking at this point the damage requirements of Tyrannical are not an issue in this dungeon at least.

The only truly hellish one seems to be Halls of Valor.

anyone close to as geared and around my skill level. I've seen enough other warriors easily putting down over a million on that final boss way before we got anywhere near 40 traits in weapon.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tonbomb/simple

my armory
    This seems like you're just here to brag. You're 889 equipped and have both BIS legendaries for your spec, by and large you have been the benefactor of much better loot RNG/luck than the vast majority of players. Stop downplaying this factor so casually when it's of great importance.

Also, how much dps you do on that boss is exactly correlated with how fast the boss dies, along with the dps of the rest of the group and again is largely effected by Tyrannical. In Fury Warriors case it's also down to when Bloodlust is used, since you can technically pre-stack Juggernaut and get a late Bloodlust say at 10-15% for huge numbers, something that would benefit your dps, but not the rest of the groups.

You can't just throw silly numbers out like this as if it means something, the same player in 2 situations can do vastly different dps through circumstance while the overall group effectiveness could remain the same. Mythic + logs show that an Arms Warrior doing 800k dps on Wrath would be near or at rank 1-3 at EOA +15. The same Warrior on Fortified or a lower level would probably top 1mil or higher.

There is very little skill involved with maximising either Arms/Fury execute dps to begin with, you're witnessing an observation of gear effectiveness, RNG and situational circumstances (overall group dps, bloodlust usage, boss mechanics etc).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-01-10 at 01:57 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Eye of Azshara is fairly easy this week if all you want is a +15, especially if you have a dps Warrior to melt the last boss. I did it this week, DH tank, Druid heal, MM hunter, Arms Warrior, Frost DK.. 15 is the highest I've attempted and we one-shot it with 4 mins left on timer, had we used old war pots more lavishly and not had so many silly deaths it would have been an easy 2 chest, really speaking at this point the damage requirements of Tyrannical are not an issue in this dungeon at least.

The only truly hellish one seems to be Halls of Valor.

This seems like you're just here to brag. You're 889 equipped and have both BIS legendaries for your spec, by and large you have been the benefactor of much better loot RNG/luck than the vast majority of players. Stop downplaying this factor so casually when it's of great importance.

Also, how much dps you do on that boss is exactly correlated with how fast the boss dies, along with the dps of the rest of the group and again is largely effected by Tyrannical. In Fury Warriors case it's also down to when Bloodlust is used, since you can technically pre-stack Juggernaut and get a late Bloodlust say at 10-15% for huge numbers, something that would benefit your dps, but not the rest of the groups.

You can't just throw silly numbers out like this as if it means something, the same player in 2 situations can do vastly different dps through circumstance while the overall group effectiveness could remain the same. Mythic + logs show that an Arms Warrior doing 800k dps on Wrath would be near or at rank 1-3 at EOA +15. The same Warrior on Fortified or a lower level would probably top 1mil or higher.

There is very little skill involved with maximising either Arms/Fury execute dps to begin with, you're witnessing an observation of gear effectiveness, RNG and situational circumstances (overall group dps, bloodlust usage, boss mechanics etc).
    I've never downplayed the fact I'm geared not once. I'm more geared than 889 equipped. Most of the EoA's I've done were prior to me getting the legendary helm Which only left me with the ring. Lastly it's not rng when I'm consistently putting out those numbers in multiple groups makeups of various pugs...Cy@

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly someone clearly asked me to describe or better "define" what I was talking about exactly and if linking my armory is some kind of brag then you might want to look up what bragging actually means.

Made by dubbelbasse

I've never downplayed the fact I'm geared not once. I'm more geared than 889 equipped. Most of the EoA's I've done were prior to me getting the legendary helm Which only left me with the ring. Lastly it's not rng when I'm consistently putting out those numbers in multiple groups makeups of various pugs...Cy@

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly someone clearly asked me to describe or better "define" what I was talking about exactly and if linking my armory is some kind of brag then you might want to look up what bragging actually means.
    How about instead of linking an armory to show that you're vastly outgearing the guys being discussed, link some logs or video footage of you doing it. Not only would that turn your post from a typical internet embellishment into something tangible and real, but it could also help out others pick out where they can improve, and also give context to the points I was discussing all of which are far more important than how many "leetsk1llz" you have, so to speak.

You took that post quite emotionally, rather than logically which is annoying when talking about facts and figures in a thread about providing advice, since you could have replied back with something meaningful to the discussion rather than "defending" yourself with a bit of bravado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How about instead of linking an armory to show that you're vastly outgearing the guys being discussed, link some logs or video footage of you doing it. Not only would that turn your post from a typical internet embellishment into something tangible and real, but it could also help out others pick out where they can improve, and also give context to the points I was discussing all of which are far more important than how many "leetsk1llz" you have, so to speak.

You took that post quite emotionally, rather than logically which is annoying when talking about facts and figures in a thread about providing advice, since you could have replied back with something meaningful to the discussion rather than "defending" yourself with a bit of bravado.
    An extremely small niche of players log M+ and I'm not one of them and I'm damn sure not going to make a video just to appease you. You either take my word for it or you don't. I'm sure you aren't pressing everyone giving advice for proof of their claims but you didn't like my post so you need to fulfill your agenda now. I think its you who took the posts too emotionally.

Made by dubbelbasse

An extremely small niche of players log M+ and I'm not one of them and I'm damn sure not going to make a video just to appease you. You either take my word for it or you don't. I'm sure you aren't pressing everyone giving advice for proof of their claims but you didn't like my post so you need to fulfill your agenda now.
    Most people don't give advice by posting how "ez" things are, and if you're going to be talking about "a good fury warrior" cranking out 1.5mil you have to provide context to that, group comp, kill speed, gear level of group, legendaries. All you have here is talk, it helps no-one other than feeding your ego unless you provide logs/video.

Also your Warrior is very well optimised with the BIS legendaries at a much higher than typical ilvl, you're one of the best geared Fury Warriors in the world. Like I said, the rank 1-5 Arms Warriors on +15 are doing like 800k dps on that fight, guys in the thread also saying they are seeing 700-800k falls entirely in line with expectations even if Fury execute is stronger than Arms, so if you're shouting about doing "ez" double those numbers then prove it or stop talking nonsense.

About pugging, pugging doesn't mean anything in the M+ world, a healer in my guild pugs M+ on a daily (he has 54 trait and is working on his 2nd) and he almost exclusively ends up in groups with some of the best geared players in the world, people who farm M+ every day boosting for gold. By and large the pug groups he joins are a lot stronger than if he ran with a guild group, of players who while good are spending much less time with the game and primarily focussed on raiding, thus much weaker characters at this point. It seems to be the way that most guilds don't have all their players farming M+ heavily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Me and my group (blood dk, holy priest, spriest, arms war, assa rogue, everyone over 886ilvl) tried to do BRH +15 yesterday for the achi and is a freakin nightmare. The first two bosses are, indeed, pretty easy, but the last two are almost impossible without the right comp.

The third boss damage on tank is insane and his stomp instantly brings the party to <20% health constantly. Taking a charge without a cd or the tank intercepting it is a 100% death due to the stomp immediatly after, and he also has a shitload of health, so if you don't kill him quickly the room will be completely covered in the green.
    The last boss damage is utterly ridicoulus and overtuned with tyrannical. The bleed effect on tank stacks to hilarous levels of damage and never ends, and in second phase the swarm hits for 1.7m per second while the asshole keeps hitting your party with shadow bolt volley. He also had so much health that it looked like ravencrest forgot to apply the buff on us.
    Sorry to hear you were having troubles, the 3 times I did BRH15 I never fail the timer and yes, 3rd boss is hard, you really need to lust and burst the boss fast cause everything is deadly. Las boss maybe you were having problems cause of your comp. Only SP and rogue can "inmune" the first shadowvolley. Yes insect swarm will kill you in 4 seconds if you take no heal, but it's all healeable damage and you can kill the thing in 3-4 seconds anway. First phase is really hard for tanks indeed but I never have to use even ironbark for it. I save that for a dps without inmune for first shadowvolley.

Also for the charge/stomp combo in 3rd boss I use the bloom of my LB (with legendary belt) to instantly heal player back to full. Or use inmunes like bubble, iceblock, turtle, cloak of shadows, dispersion. Also... this is probably a bug but when I'm in bear form I take 0 damage from charge on Mythic+, nerver yolo it but maybe something you can try as a last resource.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres so much wrong information here.

MoS First boss "can be hard" but use mitigation for dark slash and its easy. MoS me and 2 others died on a 16 like idiots at or around the first submerge and the tank and ret pala finished it (took ages but they did it). Yes they played as well as we played badly but saying "bosses destroy tanks" in there is a little off.

You don't kill bats in brh. You stun the "sicbats" cast of the fel dudes. Then they never fixate. It's as easy as that.

CoS is not RIP at all. If you have 35 or more traits now (which people looking at +15's are likely to have) and get decent buffs its not hard at all. Granted its far easier on fortified but tyrannical is very do-able.
    Of course CoS fort is free, but in tyranical for a group that is trying to do their first +15? I won't even try.

About MoS. First boss slash even with active mitigation will hit you for 3M and jut melee hits can kill you so it's hard to manage. And yeah I was kinda lazy explaining last boss, what is gonna totally kill you are the tentacles. You need to be sure to kill 2 destructors and 4 of the others in phase 1. If you don't kill the first tentacle and then 2nd spawn it's gonna do a nasty aoe or oneshot the closest target. I usually lust on 2nd destructor to avoid a 3rd one. Last phase is a joke, you can even miss one interrupt and survive...

Also the same as a lot of people is saying is like YOU ARE RANK 54 NOW, YOU CAN FACEROLL MECHANICS BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Of course you can and I can, but the guy is asking advices for his FIRST +15 dungeon. He's probably not overgearing the content and definitly has no experience so I'm giving tips to make this as safe as possible.