Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmchellfire View Post
    Thanks for this, I simmed BoS spec as well and it did around 380k vs my 445k RA/Oblit spec

Is BoS worth going for if I don't have ring+belt? I have had crappy luck with Legendaries, only have boots and cloak for utility
    Please note: we do not Sim with BoS. it is not working properly still. Discord is working on it still.

Try it in game. You'll burst to 900k with ease

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Please note: we do not Sim with BoS. it is not working properly still. Discord is working on it still.

Try it in game. You'll burst to 900k with ease
    Is this with any of the required legendaries?

Deleted
    As Unholy Cast with bracers/shoulders I was ~874 ilvl and getting 400k on average in HC EN with 32k strength, 32% crit, 20% haste and 30% mastery.
    Switching to Unholy CS with some gear switching, i've increased ilvl to 877 and getting about the same 400k on average with 31k strength, 18.5% crit, 20.5% haste, and 62% mastery. (only LFR derp test)
    So with the swings and roundabouts it's about the same though it feels like the drop is much higher/quicker after Army+Lust in the sustained DPS mode which I guess is less bursting wounds.
    Occasionally rune generation feels slow and the amount of button presses certainly has decreased (#sadface) but its about where I was prior to the patch switching over to CS/Mastery even after the bracer nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazed View Post
    As Unholy Cast with bracers/shoulders I was ~874 ilvl and getting 400k on average in HC EN with 32k strength, 32% crit, 20% haste and 30% mastery.
    Switching to Unholy CS with some gear switching, i've increased ilvl to 877 and getting about the same 400k on average with 31k strength, 18.5% crit, 20.5% haste, and 62% mastery. (only LFR derp test)
    So with the swings and roundabouts it's about the same though it feels like the drop is much higher/quicker after Army+Lust in the sustained DPS mode which I guess is less bursting wounds.
    Occasionally rune generation feels slow and the amount of button presses certainly has decreased (#sadface) but its about where I was prior to the patch switching over to CS/Mastery even after the bracer nerf.
    I think you have a good amount of mastery you can still gain and then CS would pull ahead imo

Deleted
    Yeah I agree with you Teech, I think the ceiling is higher now and its a starting point, better being similar than much worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazed View Post
    Keep in mind unholy's pet is currently not scaling with mastery. Once the hot fix goes live the numbers should go up some.

Deleted
    But to be clear, without having a specific frost legendary or the 4p bonus mg is still > BoS right?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfFrost View Post
    905+ version tho is better than 880-895 memento right?
    Yes likely just because it has a ton more strengh.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    SIM's for DK's are currently false, its even mentioned on the SimC mainpage.
    I'm like ~80k below my actual ingame performance during SIMs.
    BoS is currently doing about 50% of the damage it should do.
    Unless you're reading for the old December release, it's working fine for DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Keep in mind unholy's pet is currently not scaling with mastery. Once the hot fix goes live the numbers should go up some.
    The hotfix went live last night

Deleted
    So right now Dark Arbiter isn't even worth taking even if you have the shoulders?

I better get a different Legendary soon then...

Unholy
    21% Crit
    20% haste
    75% Mastery

3 Dark Crusade Relics
    53 Traits (1 short)

Terrorbound Nexus

with just a 845 version i was getting 550k crits with this per wave

I got shoulders and in a HC nythendra fight arbiter did like 12% my dmg (2 uses)...
    damage was good...

Deleted
    idk man uh feels so different now with bracers nerf. playing with castigator and 30% crit and all the time i only pop 1 wound...this kills my dnd aoe burst so much i wanted to cry. before patch i was all the time hungry for new wounds and now i can't rid of them.

with my mastery gear i get only 50% so can't rly go into cs build. im fucked -.-
    Last edited by mmocd34bec8955; 2017-01-12 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    I got shoulders and in a HC nythendra fight arbiter did like 12% my dmg (2 uses)...
    damage was good...
    The damage she does is decent but it reduces the overall damage of the rest of your kit to do so. To properly optimize using her you take a set of gear that utterly destroys any other talents and also destroys using Draught (which contributes more than 12%)

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    damage was good...
    Her damage is great but thats not a talent for sustained dps, its a talent for burst, and thats never gonna change. She will never be as competitive as the other 2 talents for overall dps, her utility is more like for a Heart of Ilgnoth fight where you save her to blow the heart away with big burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Her damage is great but thats not a talent for sustained dps, its a talent for burst, and thats never gonna change. She will never be as competitive as the other 2 talents for overall dps, her utility is more like for a Heart of Ilgnoth fight where you save her to blow the heart away with big burst.
    Good point. Never thought of utilizing her for Ilgynoth

Good point guys. Yeah I felt that Arbiter messes up the rotation a bit.
    I feel that damage is good but also removes damage cause I need to dump RP.
    For me even defile feels good in ST, does around 5% toal damage, and boosts Mastery a LOT.

I noticed the same as lots of people, the CS build feels a lot "slower" than the Castigator build cause u only pop 1 wound at a a time but I didnt have much problems with regen (specially if I take Necrosis, which I did to try, and CS damage is really good around only at 75% mastery)

I really like Blighted Rune Weapon, specially if you dont take Infected Claws cause it had a enormous ammount of wounds that you can spend on the opener with apoc or even with dc+CS spam.

the amount of times i have rolled two 2-wound festerings in the opener with mastery build makes me want to pull my hair out
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

In general the tier set bonus will help with downtime or the slow feeling of the spec. Remember that PP and RC was nerfed, and that affects you regardless of if you have CS or Castigator.
    Trinket lists are in the guide now, both singular trinket lists as well as trinket combinations with Draught.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    the amount of times i have rolled two 2-wound festerings in the opener with mastery build makes me want to pull my hair out
    Yeah its still pretty fucking annoying.

Ive been messing with necrosis with 84% mastery and ive seen 900k cs crits, so im going to have a play with defile over sr tonight and see what happens.

Yeah CS hits pretty hard with necrosis+sow procs up and trinkets/weapon buff
    Anyways, pretty hard to get many crits with our low crit rate hehe