Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Cheese. Don't leave out the cheese.
    And cheese! The Netherlands has flowers, wooden shoes, cheese, tulips and I guess a pro-bicycle stance? Plenty to see I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they are selling weed for smoking or the cupcakes made out of it.

Its 2 different things.

Don't sweat the details!!!

IMO this is what has happened first the police looked the other way because Amsterdam for the longest time was the only closest first rate nation you could go to and buy and smoke weed it was a tourist attraction brought money into the economy. if I remember correctly High Times held their world convention in Amsterdam once a year but now because legal weed is happening in many other places its not exclusive to Amsterdam so it isn't a draw anymore
    Amsterdam probably now is wanting to attract a different type of tourist the family originated type and weed shops aren't that conducive to a family type vacation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    And cheese! The Netherlands has flowers, wooden shoes, cheese, tulips and I guess a pro-bicycle stance? Plenty to see I suppose
    and hot big breasted blue eyed blondes yes I know it is a stereotype but still one can dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    IMO this is what has happened first the police looked the other way because Amsterdam for the longest time was the only closest first rate nation you could go to and buy and smoke weed it was a tourist attraction brought money into the economy. if I remember correctly High Times held their world convention in Amsterdam once a year but now because legal weed is happening in many other places its not exclusive to Amsterdam so it isn't a draw anymore
    Amsterdam probably now is wanting to attract a different type of tourist the family originated type and weed shops aren't that conducive to a family type vacation

- - - Updated - - -

and hot big breasted blue eyed blondes yes I know it is a stereotype but still one can dream

You seem a tad confused.

Anyway, they are "legal" all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You seem a tad confused.

Anyway, they are "legal" all over the country.
    They aren't legal the law is not enforced according to the article.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They aren't legal the law is not enforced according to the article.
    Try to under how the "" works next time.

When in Amsterdam, i always like to smoke some! Then i can go sightseeing and spread my magic /chillcity

It is one of the major points... else i would just visit once and never come back.

EDIT-- Whores are annoyingly beautiful... but thankfully i have a rule against paying for sex.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yes. Haven't noticed much of wooden shoes but everything else you mentioned, pretty much I did. I think it's fair to say that one is fucked up enough if he/she goes to foreign country just for weed.
    Don't forget the whores!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reason #1 I haven't visited Amsterdam, I'd be broke the first day from all the drugs and semen drainage.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I really should start saving up for that Amsterdam trip i had planned once before it's too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people mention Amsterdam what the average person thinks is whores and drugs, like a city a 20 year old metal head would design.

If you're a city father (or mother) do you want that image?
    Sure.

Amsterdam - Cum for the drugs and whore, stay for the Rembrandt Museum, lovely canals and architecture, and awesome bike rides through the windmill-lined countryside.

I loved my stay in Amsterdam. It's a pretty fantastic city for lots of reasons.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when people think they know everything about a place they're not from/have never been.

Yes, buying a small amount of weed is legal in a coffeeshop. Yes, selling weed as a coffeeshop owner is also legal. No, it's illegal for coffeeshop owners to buy the weed they sell. (Ikr!)

Yes, coffeeshops are actively being closed/relocated when they're too close to schools. Yes, many cities want to regulate weed production/produce themselves. None do, as it is still illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Yes, many cities want to regulate weed production/produce themselves. None do, as it is still illegal.
    Who produces then? I always wondered that.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Is Amsterdam on the coast? We can change the name to "Booty Bay".

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Who produces then? I always wondered that.
    Criminals. It's a messed up situation.

Offical link

How coffeeshops obtain their product (Dutch).
    Last edited by Mystrome; 2017-01-11 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Cheese. Don't leave out the cheese.
    That and the aweful tomatoes they already export enmass, no need to go to the netherlands to get that :P.

The real reason why they are closing is because in the city centre of Amsterdam their are so many ''coffeeshops'' that a blind person could walk around to a random shop and probably get some weed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It is? What does some guy from Reno know about what the average person thinks about Amsterdam? Whores and drugs certainly don't come to mind and I sure as hell don't picture the city designed by 20-year-old metalheads.

Also, your article is bullshit clickbait. Coffeeshops aren't closing down. Weed shops that sell coffee are.

Solution? Own two stores. One sells weed, one sells coffee.
    It's renowned for weed and sex here thus a popular student destination for it

Is Amsterdam on the coast? We can change the name to "Booty Bay".
    Used to be on the coast of a shallow bay, but then they decided to close off that bay (the Zuiderzee) and fill it up. They have a canal to link the city to the sea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well that is pretty much the first response you get from everyone here Germany when you talk about going to amsterdam. Not so much the metal thing, but certainly weed and whores.
    Strange, as whores are all over the place in Germany, weed i can imagine, but not whores.

O.T. The only reason that coffee shops are closing in Amsterdam is the political right.