Page 33 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Do we have the right to know that documents exist alleging these claims? No, I don't think we do. No such right exists.
    I'm not sure I understand your point.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Okay. That means that, for now, it's only being published as a defamatory tool. Gotcha.
    It's being published because Buzzfeed got a hold of the information, and well, this is what they do. I don't approve of it. I much prefer CNN's stance. Who had the information, but dedicated countless hours to investigating the claims before publishing anything at all.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    That explain his attitude towards russia. He was way to friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I believe people were just moaning in a thread yesterday about him "draining the swamp". He is eradicating over redundant job titles to hopefully save the country some money. It is about time someone did that.
    But he's not really draining it at all. he is pushing for the same types of people to be put into the same positions. He even went so far as to also push his son-in-law into a position. Not only that, he wants to increase government waste, by pushing for more security at his buildings, especially in NYC. How does having security in multiple locations save money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I believe people were just moaning in a thread yesterday about him "draining the swamp". He is eradicating over redundant job titles to hopefully save the country some money. It is about time someone did that.
    That's never what "drain the swamp" has meant. Him changing the definition and his supporters doing mental gymnastics doesn't change that. He lied about it and whatever, politics as usual. I wasn't surprised in the least. But he most definitely isn't "draining the swamp".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point.
    I guess my response was questioning the idea that we have a right to know. What right do we have? Where does this right come from? These are unverified claims, so I'm not sure how this is beneficial to the public in any way.
    Eat yo vegetables

It's being published because Buzzfeed got a hold of the information, and well, this is what they do. I don't approve of it. I much prefer CNN's stance. Who had the information, but dedicated countless hours to investigating the claims before publishing anything at all.
    I'm sure CNN are distraught for having to release this information about Trump now, as the walls broke and it's out on the loose

But yes, I'm all for journalism. Just verify things instead of pushing it as true to sway the public's mind.

I'm sure CNN are distraught for having to release this information about Trump now, as the walls broke and it's out on the loose

But yes, I'm all for journalism. Just verify things instead of pushing it as true to sway the public's mind.
    Has it been published by CNN as being true? Did they claim the document was genuine?

That's like complaining about reporting that the Bible exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    BTW Tillerson's confirmation hearing doesn't look good for him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Has it been published by CNN as being true? Did they claim the document was genuine?

That's like complaining about reporting that the Bible exists.
    Doesn't take much to look at this Thread, at the countless "Aha! Trump did X!" posts to see that the disclaimer being present in said news is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    BTW Tillerson's confirmation hearing doesn't look good for him so far.
    Doesn't look good? This is like watching a real life fucking horror movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my response was questioning the idea that we have a right to know. What right do we have? Where does this right come from? These are unverified claims, so I'm not sure how this is beneficial to the public in any way.
    The danger comes not from the information, but how it is being interpreted. The danger lies entirely on those who wants to see things beyond what is written.

While I understand and agree that, to some extent, information can be damaging... we need something to be accountable to the people. I'm not advocating for complete transparency, but it seems to me that the level of transparency we have right now is unfit in our era. Misinformation can navigate so quickly that having at least an/a few official sources would make sure we'd have a "Fact Checker", unlike the ones we have right now which suffer strong Dem or Rep bias.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    If that were true he'd have come out saying that his twitter account was lying like the media.
    I'm just waiting.

Doesn't take much to look at this post, at the countless "Aha! Trump did X!" posts to see that the disclaimer being present in said news is irrelevant.
    But that's willful ignorance of people. If anything, that's how Trump got elected in the first place. Like you said, "It doesn't matter what the common person wants." Were you calling out the media when all those issues I brought up were being reported? Going by your posting history... it does not appear that you were. It seems your desire for media ethics is selective.

CNN reported the facts, as did other outlets. They did not make claims that they did not back up. That is not unethical. Willfully ignorant people are going to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of whether information is actually true. At some point, you have to hold individuals accountable for their own actions, beliefs, and opinions.

Should the media not report facts, because people are going to misinterpret them? Of course not. they should report facts, because that's what journalism is. They should not feel the need to cater to people who are going to believe whatever they want, no matter what. You seem to be asking for the further dumbing down of society, because society is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But that's willful ignorance of people. If anything, that's how Trump got elected in the first place. Like you said, "It doesn't matter what the common person wants." Were you calling out the media when all those issues I brought up were being reported? Going by your posting history... it does not appear that you were. It seems your desire for media ethics is selective.

CNN reported the facts, as did other outlets. They did not make claims that they did not back up. That is not unethical. Willfully ignorant people are going to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of whether information is actually true. At some point, you have to hold individuals accountable for their own actions, beliefs, and opinions.

Should the media not report facts, because people are going to misinterpret them? Of course not. they should report facts, because that's what journalism is. They should not feel the need to cater to people who are going to believe whatever they want, no matter what. You seem to be asking for the further dumbing down of society, because society is dumb.
    As long as it belittles Trump~ Who cares if it's fake news.
    Stay classy, MMOC.

As long as it belittles Trump~ Who cares if it's fake news.
    Stay classy, MMOC.
    Were you as outraged when fake news belittled Hillary?

Well I will give Comrade Trump this, he finally got it so most republicans stopped screaming that there really were weapons of mass destruction and they were just hidden.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Who is so fucking retarded to really think Trump is so retarded to admit groping women by their genitals on camera.
    Oh dang it...
    Cause he's the only one that ever grabbed a woman by the pussy. Are you a virgin?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-11 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Cause he's the only one that ever grabbed a woman by the pussy. Are you a virgin?
    He said he would do it without permission. Does that mean you are also saying you like to sexually assault women?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Let's just accept sexual assault. No big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to be interesting how this hearing plays out. It's so frustrating having some of these senators being so god damn soft on him, along with Sessions yesterday. Cardin and Rubio were being pretty savage, especially Rubio of all people.

Tillerson is practically proving to the American people where the Trump's camps' interests lie and Tillerson is doing a shit job covering it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation